Weighing yourself

How often does everyone weigh in? Daily? Weekly? Every few days?

Replies

• Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    weekly. But the scale isnt always the best indication of fat loss. Ive been the same weight for like 3 weeks now but can tell that my stomach, arms, and legs are firmer. Im going to start just doing body measurements
  • let1179
    let1179 Posts: 58 Member
    I can get scale obsessed, I started out only wanting to weigh once a month, but that seemed to be too long, so now I'm weighing every two weeks, we'll see what happens next.
  • X2 on the measurements...

If you are working out (cardio and strength training), your weight is going to fluctuate... Your body measurements are a tell all...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Weigh and log daily.
  • Daily because I'm trying to also track my water retention in association with what I eat. I hope to take my measurements twice a month.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    I record my weight on MFP on Mondays only. I take my waist, bust, and hip measurements once every 6 weeks or so.

However, I have a phone app that I use to record and track my weight daily. This is my indicator to make adjustments if I am trending upwards before my next MFP recording day.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    I weigh myself daily. I know that there are a lot of people on mfp who frown upon daily weighing, since your weight fluctuates day to day based on things like how much liquid you consumed. At the end of the day though, the more data you have, the more accurately you know the trend - meaning if you track your weight on a daily basis you'll see the fluctuations as fluctuations and have a better idea of where you're actually going. However, many people take it really hard when they see a bigger number, and therefore prefer to weight themselves only as often as they know they will see a change (ie. weekly or monthly). Basically, do what works best for you, and most importantly, what won't drive you insane.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    I weigh myself daily in the morning with no clothes.
    I have lost over 74 pounds so this has worked for me.
    I take my measurements weekly
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Weekly, bi-weekly, random intervals.. I'm not really that concerned with weighing myself to be honest.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    For years I've weighed myself daily; however, I get way too obsessed with the number and would think about it throughout the day. So just last week I decided to start weighing myself weekly and I'm already feeling a lot more relaxed. I can see the benefits of daily or weekly, but I think it depends on the person.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Weekly, bi-weekly, random intervals.. I'm not really that concerned with weighing myself to be honest.

^ this pretty much. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes it's a few times a week.. sometimes I won't weigh for weeks.. the logging is telling the story and I pretty much know where it's going..
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Decided to go with monthly this time around. I much prefer not to get discouraged by "bad" numbers on a weekly basis. Monthly and I'm sure I'll have a loss. People who weigh daily are nuts and/or have a seriously strong head. I would get so discouraged if I weighed daily.
  • I weigh daily as this is what has been working for me also. I do not get bummed when there is a slight gain and it keeps me accountable. My loss has been since April 7, 2014 and along with eating healthy, within my range and exercise I am feeling FINE !!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Weekly, usually on Sunday morning. I'm also going to measure monthly... maybe bi-weekly at first so I can get a more accurate representation of fat loss and muscle gain (especially if the scale isn't budging too much, just to confirm that I am in fact doing just fine).
  • VKanam
    VKanam Posts: 27 Member
    i started on the program recently, i check twice a week. each time i weigh myself, if i see a decrease, it motivates me to push harder.
  • a_marie84
    a_marie84 Posts: 4 Member
    For the longest time I weighed myself daily but came to the realization that I was getting scaled obsessed. Recently I have been trying to check just once a week which I found to be better for me.
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    I officially weigh in on Tuesdays. We measure every other week and pictures once a month. However, I weigh myself daily, even a few times a day. The day to day fluctuation doesn't bother me, just a check. I've seen people on here who have put their scales away for a month. I'm not sure I can do that!
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Friday morning.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    I weigh mostly daily but that's more for my own amusement than anything else for some reason I find that number jumping around hilarious this being said I log once a week or so when I remember to take the phone in the bathroom and not leave it on the counter next to the fridge.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    log daily weigh at most every other week but usually just once a month

29509743.png