Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Alpha Week 2. Total Body and Abs kicks my a$%!

The most annoying thing of T25 is when I'm on the floor in a plank (or whatever), dripping with sweat, and then have to come up - my glasses gets smeared with sweat droplets and it gets hard to see.

The other annoying thing is trying to figure out what they are doing while doing the abs - I'm thinking of just watching it tonight so I know exactly what they are doing. :ohwell:
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    staring 3rd week of Gamma today , I'm getting good results so far

I started my third week of Gamma, today, too! Are you doing the regular or the strength hybrid? Hybrid for me...

What is the gamma part?

Gamma is the third component after the regular program (alpha, beta). It's a separate purchase and really works your arms because it's almost all weights with some cardio.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Gamma is the third component after the regular program (alpha, beta). It's a separate purchase and really works your arms because it's almost all weights with some cardio.

I've been hearing alot about Gamma being a great workout for the arms. What I need is alot of lower body focus though. I'm an apple shaped woman so my lower is not as pronounced as my upper. I may just have to incorporate a squat challenge or take the leg day from Body Beast and do that once a week. A little disappointed about that....but I'll be ok. LOL
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I've been hearing alot about Gamma being a great workout for the arms. What I need is alot of lower body focus though. I'm an apple shaped woman so my lower is not as pronounced as my upper. I may just have to incorporate a squat challenge or take the leg day from Body Beast and do that once a week. A little disappointed about that....but I'll be ok. LOL

Have you thought about Brazil Butt Lift? I just ordered that :-)
  • lauralea42
    lauralea42 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finished Rip't Circuit today...the last part was tough because of the upper body portion, but I have to agree that it wasn't as all -consuming as Total Body Circuit. I was still feeling the effects of Speed 2.0 - killed my hip flexors/abductors/adductors - so I wasn't quite as into today's workout. Okay, to be perfectly honest, dragging out of bed at 5:30 a.m. to do this workout was hard!

Anyway, I used resistance bands...which I will not do next time. I think it would be a lot more enjoyable with the free weights instead. There is too much fumbling to get them in the right place in time to do the move in its entirety. Plus, they only showed the guy using the resistance bands halfway through the move! Too late!

I only burned about 222 calories. Does that sound about right for anyone who has done this workout? I could really feel it in my abs, hip flexors and arms.

I finished Alpha a week ago, and then hurt my right knee doing lunges on a Saturday being as I do weight lifting on that day that Shau gives us off. I was going to start Beta that next Monday, but my knee hurt to bad and was scared to make it worse if I started Beta. Tell me, is Beta a lot harder than Alpha? Total Body Circuit was not my favorite being as it was so hard. Also, the walking planks killed me. My arms would shake due to the pain of trying to hold myself up. Which workout is the hardest in Beta? Is Beta going to be real hard on my knee? I really want to get started on Beta, but I am wondering if I should do another week of Alpha to get warmed up and ready for Beta being as I haven't done T25 is about 1 1/2 weeks.
  • Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started doing T25 yesterday. Would love any support. It was hard but I can tell from everyone's comments that if I stick to it I will really see a change. Feel free to add me.
  • RMZ2014
    RMZ2014 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started doing T25 yesterday. Would love any support. It was hard but I can tell from everyone's comments that if I stick to it I will really see a change. Feel free to add me.
    Good luck. It gets a little "less hard" it does not get easy but it is worth it. Keep at it:) I lost 8 lbs with the 10 week program. I am doing a different 12 week program right now but plan to restart T25 when I finish this one.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am now in Gamma Phase. day 2 today. Speed 3.0 has my chest pretty sore today for once.
  • Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Super excited! Not only am I working out now but my office is now going to do a biggest loser challenge. Hopefully with me working out already that I will feel more motivated to push the "laziness". Can't wait.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options

hey kerri!

feel free to join my group for added support and motivation... "T25 or beachbody?" theres a few of us in there, im on week two of alpha right now. gotta focus!!
  • chrisylove
    chrisylove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerri,

I am starting T25 today...I am so ready to start this journey. I am looking for support also. Good luck!!!