Quest Bar Addiction.

Options

Replies

• drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I had my first one. Last week I went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought 2 dozen. My favorites are:
    -Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (by far the best)
    -Peanut Butter Supreme
    -White Chocolate Raspberry
    -Strawberry Cheesecake

I've tried about 8-9 different flavors so far and haven't had a bad one yet. My least favorites so far have been chocolate brownie and double chunk chocolate. I'm not really a chocolate lover, they also taste the "fakest" to me.
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For the people eating these regularly, are you eating them as a snack or a meal replacement? For breakfast?
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Options
    I usually eat 2 bars a day between much healthier meals with protein and veggies. I eat 5 times a day but I think of the bars as snacks.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For those who haven't tried Think Thin, they are not as yummy, but are perfectly edible, for $1 a piece. Target sells them by the box for a little less.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    For the people eating these regularly, are you eating them as a snack or a meal replacement? For breakfast?

I eat three a week...two as a snack, but on Sundays I eat it on my drive to work because it's 4:45 in the morning and it's a quick grab
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat three a week...two as a snack, but on Sundays I eat it on my drive to work because it's 4:45 in the morning and it's a quick grab

That's kind of what I was thinking, would make a quick breakfast.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into them like everyone seems to be... all I remember was the aftertaste and sore jaw I got after eating them. I could eat the thinkthin bars all day long though, that's my addiction.

I agree, the aftertaste made me a little nauseous, honestly. I picked one up to try and it totally grossed me out. They're also way too expensive for my budget.

I eat a Luna protein bar every day, though. I know they're not as great nutritionally, but they taste way better to me, and 12g of protein isn't too bad. I just wish Target carried more flavours of them, as there are only two flavours of the protein Lunas there that I like.

I've never tried Thinkthin bars. I will have to check them out.
  • cainn24
    cainn24 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I decided that Quest bars were getting a little expensive. And since I had started craving them I wanted to stop eating them just to see what would happen (since I believe that cravings should always be investigated). But late last night I found myself rummaging through the cupboard in which I normally keep my boxes of Vanilla Almond Crunch (my favourite) in the desperate hope that there might still be one in there somehow. There wasn't. But as thorough as that initial search was I did it all over again. Still nothing.

What alarms me is that the last time I remember feeling this way was when I was still eating lots of sugar/carbs. I mean we're almost talking turn-the-place-upside-down-level cravings here and that just isn't normal in the context of a low-carb diet for me any more. Moreover it reminds me of the way I would sometimes behave as a smoker during one of my many failed attempts to quit. I'd throw out my cigarettes as some sort of dramatic symbolic gesture only to go to ridiculous lengths to try to hunt some down just a few hours later (I quit for good about 5 years ago thankfully). So I guess on some semi-serious level, mostly as a result of negative associations I think, I am suspicious of these cravings. But the thing is that even if I eat 4 bars a day (or even 6 as I have on occasion I'm almost ashamed to admit) I'm maintaining my current weight just perfectly (which is the result of a 20kg/44lb loss that I've kept off for about 2 years now thanks to carb-conscious eating).

Still, I'd like to know what is going on here.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tried a few different flavors once. Nothing to write home about.... the chocolate-flavored ones were better than the non chocolate ones. Not really worth going out of my way to get them, and they're very expensive as well.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat one on the days when I go to the gym a weightlift. I don't feel the need to have one everyday.
  • melseeds
    melseeds Posts: 3
    Options
    I am addicted as well. I eat one as a mid morning snack and (most of the time) the other as my mid afternoon. I also eat five times a day, including my Quest bars. I am a little concerned though, I find myself wanting to eat my spare quest bar instead of the veggies and cheese I packed for my mid afternoon snack. Yesterday, I skipped dinner and ate a Quest bar instead. Its bad. They must put crack in them. I may need a 12 step program soon. I am really hoping that two a day is not going to mess up my system.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I'm OBSESSED! Like in a love affair with Quest Bars! Have you tried the Smores one yet? OMG so amazing. And if you pop them in the microwave for about 7 seconds right before you eat them, it's like a gooey,warm dessert! YUMMMMMM <3
  • melseeds
    melseeds Posts: 3
    Options
    The S'mores and the Cookie Dough are the worst for me....maybe I will try not buying those kind in order to curb my insane addiction. I love them warmed up...oh and the Cinnamon Roll....drool!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    For those who haven't tried Think Thin, they are not as yummy, but are perfectly edible, for $1 a piece. Target sells them by the box for a little less.

I actually like Think Thin more. They just have more calories and less fiber and for me are less filling.

(Oh, never mind, I replied to a post from months ago!)
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Love them, but can't afford them often. I've been experimenting with making my own, and so far it's not too bad. Protein powder + flaxseed meal + oat flour + something wet/sticky + flavor. I make a batch every weekend for breakfast during the week. The best ones so far have been:

2 scoops protein powder, single serving lemon Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons oat flour, bit of lemon zest. (3 bars)

4 scoops protein powder, 1/2 a Starbucks Via packet, 2 tablespoons caramel sauce, 1/4 cup of oat flour and a splash of coconut milk.

Blueberry muffin is next up on my to-try list. Just need to get some blueberries first.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Chewy bars are delicious but fatty not like these thin examples xD
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    GatorDeb1 wrote: »
    I had 3 today and I have 74 of them downstairs.

You’re lucky that your address isn’t listed on your profile.

I too discovered my love of Quest bars recently. They’re perfect for when my sweet tooth hits. I even like them with my black coffee instead of a pastry. I can’t even want to feel guilty about eating them - the protein and fibre are awesome!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    lol I just got done eating a Quest bar. I always tell myself.....must.....not.....eat.....like....candy lol

I don't buy them.anymore. I'll eat a whole box.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love them, too. I only eat one after my workout though. I only have enough calories for one. I started out not liking any of them, and now I like just about all of them (save Strawberry cheesecake, the chocolate peanut butter, and banana nut muffin) after putting them in the microwave. I can only buy a box plus four individual ones at a time. I usually buy a box of a chocolate themed one and a few fruit themed ones for the morning workouts on the weekend.

If I could afford to eat more of them, I would. lol.