Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Entenmann's cakes. My parents would (and still do) have an Entenmann's cake in the house 51 weeks out of the year. The only exception being during Passover (although if you checked the freezer, you might find a danish twist hidden away).
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk (nesquik)
    Chips Ahoy!
    Oreos
    Twinkies
    Entenmanns chocolate donuts....I really miss these! Can't get them in the UK :grumble:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Schnitzel
    My grandma's compot
    Spaghetti with feta
    Margarine sandwiches (no one said they had to be pleasant memories)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Foods that remind me of my mother's cooking; pasta always cooked to mush. Vegetables boiled until soft and mushy.. Tuna fish sandwiches, Eewww...... Little boxes of raisins. Boiled beef heart, boiled beef tongue, head cheese, sliced big bologna. Hated that stuff back then, and vowed not to cook like my mom.. Mom hated to cook. Never could understand that; to me cooking is love and passion.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My Granda's chips. Every Monday, my two sisters and I used to go to my grandparents' after school and it was a race up the back streets to see who got there first! The first to get there got the first portion of chips. They were home-made, deep-fried chips made from potatoes in a chip pan - remember them?! with salt and vinegar eaten with white bread and real butter. He made tons of them and we ate them all up.
    Chips haven't tasted the same since. I still miss my Granda, who died 20 years ago.

OMG they sound sooooo good. My nana used to make good chips too, always with a chip pan and there used to be so many on my plate I was never sure if I should eat them or climb them!! Had to have Heinz tomato ketchup on with the vinegar though ha!
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, tv dinners, ramen noodles and hostess snacks. Raised by my single dad :/
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Campbells tomato soup made with mild, served with buttered bread

Chocolate cake that was so chocolaty it waz almost black

Spanish rice

Beef stew with dumplings

My mother wasnt the best of cooks but she made do with what we had, and we had more than some people. She could really bake up a storm tho. Cakes, pies, fancy squares. Yum.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Definitely cinnamon toast
    Frito pie
    My Grandma's ham and cheese sandwiches
    Taco Bell...
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Damn GatorDeb! I'm so envious those all look fantastically un-healthy. Yum!