Replies

• mbbseb
    mbbseb Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I also exchanged my sugar with fiber.
  • NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont pay too much attention to my sugar. I try not to go like WAY over the sugar but most fresh fruits have natural sugar in them and they will be great for you due to the small calories but the sugar can throw you over. Watermelon is a good example. They are not high is calories but they have a higher sugar content. So far I am still losing weight with just following the calorie counter. Good Luck!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I choose to not track sugar; you can personalize what your diary shows. I prefer to track fiber as I find that more useful.
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your sugar can be from apples or from cheesecake. It don't matter one bit.

So, basically you think fruit sugars are just as bad?

xx

Or just as good, depending on your perspective...

My perspective is, No, fruit sugars are not "just as bad". Yes, it's still sugar BUT, that fruit has more nutrients in it, (that we need) then that piece of cheesecake.
    Now, I'm not saying don't eat the cheesecake, but keep it as a treat. Work it into your calories for the day. Just don"t have it every day.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of foods and just pay attention to my calories. I'm pretty healthy so I don't worry about it at all. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.

I'm going to just concentrate on the calories for now and see how I go.

xx
  • FemWeight
    Options
    Unless you're diabetic, don't worry about sugar, especially if it's coming more from fruits than other items.

Going over on your macros is fine as long as you're still in a calorie deficit. In fact, most people tend to think of their fat/protein goals as minimums to hit.

Totally agree . I have heard many times fresh fruit will take you way over the limit of sugar on here. But as long as its fruits going over is fine.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    Your sugar can be from apples or from cheesecake. It don't matter one bit.

So, basically you think fruit sugars are just as bad?

xx

Or just as good, depending on your perspective...
    Looking at the nutritional profile of sugar found in whole foods and added sugar, I'll take the sugar in whole foods considering the energy is the same.....but that's just me.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can never stay under on fats - but I don't worry about it. The great majority of my daily fats are from olive oil, avocado, nuts, and the cheese in my morning egg white omelette. I think that quality of the food consumed is more important to look at. Are you over on sugars by an excessive amount each day? Where is your sugar coming from?

At the end of the day, if it isn't slowing or stopping your weight loss, I wouldn't be too worried at this point.
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can never stay under on fats - but I don't worry about it. The great majority of my daily fats are from olive oil, avocado, nuts, and the cheese in my morning egg white omelette. I think that quality of the food consumed is more important to look at. Are you over on sugars by an excessive amount each day? Where is your sugar coming from?

At the end of the day, if it isn't slowing or stopping your weight loss, I wouldn't be too worried at this point.

It's from fruit more than anything!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

It's from fruit more than anything!
    Some people want to watch their sugar, but unless you're diabetic most of those people are referring to added sugar (candy, ice cream, etc). It would be nice if there was a separate way to track it for those people who care about added sugar, but considering how badly people mess up food entries now, it'd just become a mess. Enjoy your fruit; ignore the sugar column or remove it. :smile: