Anyone else rocking the hobo look?

Options
amuhlou
amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
I've been purposely putting off buying new clothes because I didn't want to buy all new and then have to do it again a few months later. At Thanksgiving my mom helped me put darts in my pants so I could continue to wear them.

But now I'm about 7 pounds from my goal and I really am starting to look like a hobo with how ill-fitting everything is! I really don't want to buy clothes until I'm done, but I don't know how much longer I can get away with it. I feel like right now I'm in-between sizes and if I'd just hold out a little longer, I would probably hit the lower size.

Anyone else going through this?

Replies

• heatypablo
    Options
    Same here! My jeans are loose and saggy in the butt. *sigh* I agree though, I'd hate to spend money on some new clothes only to have to do it again in a few months.... I may break down this weekend and get one pair though. :smile:
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I have to buy new clothes every 4 months or so...

Goodwill and thrift shops are my friend! Both for giving and getting... :)
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Mine look BAD!! LOL I was thinking of wearing leggins or streatch pants until I"m done. Where are pajama jeans when you need them. They do sound nice right about now. :) lol
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ross, Marshalls, GoodWill, thrift stores- these places are your friend- and most of the time when you grow out of them you can re-sell them to consignment stores. :) You'd be surprised how much $30 could go!
  • Schuky01
    Schuky01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am totally rocking the hobo look.
    1. I don't have time to go shopping
    2. I actually do not enjoy shopping for clothes (This is a true statement)
    3. I would rather spend my $$$ on other things like vacations
    and
    4. Planning on working on kid #2 soon, so I hate the thought of getting new clothes that I won't be able to wear for long once preggers with #2,

So basically, thank goodness for winter and baggy sweaters and thank goodness I am a nurse and can wear baggy scrubs!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I seriously was until I discovered the awesomeness of secondhand clothes stores! I recently bought a pair of Calvin Klein jeans for $10!!! At that price, who cares if someone else ever wore it?! lol
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did that for awhile. But I found that I was becoming unhappy because I didn't feel pretty or confident with how sloppy I was looking. I almost had more confidence when I was heavier because at least my clothes fit better. I finally said "Enough!" and went out and bought new clothes and threw out the old. It was so refreshing! If you don't want to by all new things I would at least by a few things that are cheap from a resale shop or Target. Get a pair of jeans and a couple basic shirts that fit well. I picked up a couple different solid color fitted shirts each $8 from Target and a pair of jeans. So I'm not buying a whole new closet but at least I feel comfortable most days.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who have run into this situation. Great! I lost all this weight! Oh crap, none of my clothes fit anymore! What do I do? Is there anyway you can hit like Target/Wal-Mart, something like that and snag a few pieces of clothing without breaking the bank to help you get through? Being in MI myself, I know this time of year people lke to layer up anyways to keep warm, and it's been pretty cold as of late.

Another suggestion people usually have is hitting up thrift stores for cheap clothing to help hold you over till you hit that ideal weight you're so close to attaining.

Congrats on your awesome weightloss! Always nice to see people's hard work paying off.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I do to a certain extent. Like right now, one size is too big but the next is still a bit too small so the ones that are too big are a bit baggy on me. I pretty much live at Burkes Outlet. Ive found new with tags jeans there for $3-5 when they have their "dots" sales. Right after Christmas, they had a "all dots 70% off" and I found 3 pair for $3 each. We have one here in town and the one up in Pigeon Forge so I scout them both out and see what I can get.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    thrift shopping can be so much fun, i scored a like new pair of lucky jeans for $6.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Mine look BAD!! LOL I was thinking of wearing leggins or streatch pants until I"m done. Where are pajama jeans when you need them. They do sound nice right about now. :) lol

Actually, I do think they make pajama jeans. I've seen them advertised on TV.
  • I wish!!!! Nice work!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yes! Working the almighty power of the cinch, though my belts look funny too :P
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Actually, I do think they make pajama jeans. I've seen them advertised on TV.

Ya but they r like $40 PLUS shipping and handling thats outragious!! :noway:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to do some clothes shopping this summer when I'm back to my original weight. Then I'm going to donate all my old stuff to the army airborne! ;)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    my pajamas and kickback clothes are looking "gangsta" lol...
    usually stick to leggings if i gotta go out
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I guess its a good thing I'm a pack rat and held on to all of my skinny clothes, lol I was the opposite way I refused to buy bigger clothes, just kept trying to squeeze into the ones I have had, when I got down to the point where only one pair fit, I said enough is enough. I really look forward to buying new clothes but I have awhile before I have to worry about that.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a few nicer pieces of clothing but I find myself to be more comfortable in the hobo look. I rock out my walmart stretchy pants and a t-shirt 6-7 days a week.
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo rocking that look! My girl friends all make fun of me 'cause I won't go out and buy new clothes. I just don't see the sense in it. I have bought a few pieces here and there ( and as I sit here, I'm thinking about my mini vacation to NOLA next month, and I don't have any decent tops to wear ) but have not splurged. I've hit the Good Will's and Target for some things and have had great success. When I finally get to my goal weight - look out!
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    I had twins 3 months ago and gained 75lbs during my pregnany.... I lost 47 so far and REFUSEto buy smaller clothes till im back to my 110 pre preo self (im gonna go shopping, get my hair, nails done, etc when that day comes) so ive been walking around looking like a complete mess in to big for me clothes and maternity jeams =/ lol its okay because when i finally fit into my old clothes its gonna be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!