Has anyone done GOMAD? (Gallon of Milk a Day)

Options

Replies

• WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    All I have to say in response to this is: Dear. God.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, go for it. All I know is if I tried it I'd be OTTAD (On The Toilet All Day)
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You might gain with all that fat and sugar in milk, but at what expense.
    In 5 10 years you heart and liver and pancreas will remember all that crud you put in your body.
    Fitness is suppose to equal healthy isn't it?
    No dr or cardiologist anywhere would recommend this.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Seriously, the responses to this are cracking me up! :laugh: I've never understood that drinking milk was this much of a problem for some people. I know people have lactose intolerance but why is the amount such a big deal if you don't have an intolerance? I can go through a half gallon a day without even thinking about it. The only reason I don't now is because I've realized that was one of my major calorie downfalls in the past. A big glass with all three meals and a big glass before bed and I'm already at a half gallon and I might have another one or two glasses if I was hungry during the day....

Like I said, I didn't even know this was a thing, but I was going through a minimum of four gallons a week when I was training in college, and I burned through it no problem as long as I was in season. Of course, I also burned through entire pizzas and half the McDonalds and Taco Bell menus at a time when I was in season. :laugh: The problem was when I KEPT eating that way!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    You might gain with all that fat and sugar in milk, but at what expense.
    In 5 10 years you heart and liver and pancreas will remember all that crud you put in your body.
    Fitness is suppose to equal healthy isn't it?
    No dr or cardiologist anywhere would recommend this.

Um, I'm a minimum 10 years down the road and my organs are doing great....and my bones and muscles are doing even better.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Kind of gross. Instead use some sense.

I feel like some of you are jumping in here have no idea about this process and/or have not ever tried to bulk.

GOMAD is an extremely common way to get extra calories in when you run a high metabolism AND are burning a large number of calories.

It's not gross- it's not instant diarrhea- unless you have a lactose intolerance- or really have an aversion to milk- in which case don't do it but you don't need the whole gallon- you're using it to supplement and add instant calories.

I was quiet happy drinking 1/4 gallon a day for several weeks. Its not that serious- and it makes perfect sense when used in conjunction with the rest of a balanced diet.

When I was pregnant I was drinking two and a half gallons of milk a week for the last 3 months. I did not have diarrhea at all.

Yeah- I'm seriously not understanding this whole thread- or the people who have no idea how to bulk chiming in with all their "experiences"
    Seriously, the responses to this are cracking me up! laugh I've never understood that drinking milk was this much of a problem for some people. I know people have lactose intolerance but why is the amount such a big deal if you don't have an intolerance?

yeah- I'm not understanding either. LOL
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard anyone mention GOMAD in years. If you are going to do it then you better be a teenage male with hormones raging so bad that your back zits are trying to violate each other. Any other way will leave you shopping at the mall for a new bra to help support you newly gained moobs and an extra large shirt to cover that gut.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    LOLing at the dumbasses that obviously have no clue what GOMAD is and what the purpose of it is. GOMAD is just fine for a wirey teenager in conjunction with a proper strength program...it's old school, but it's just fine and is a pretty easy way to get in the **** ton of surplus calories that teenage boys often need to actually put on weight and put on muscle for sporting activities.

In my opinion, there are more effective and efficient ways of going about this these days, but GOMAD works.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I did this while pregnant. Gained 60 pounds. Add up the calories in a gallon of milk times 7 days. Once we realized WHY I was gaining so fast, it was too late. I was like a crackhead coming off my high trying to get off the "goods!!!" My kid LOVES milk though!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I did this while pregnant. Gained 60 pounds. Add up the calories in a gallon of milk times 7 days. Once we realized WHY I was gaining so fast, it was too late. I was like a crackhead coming off my high trying to get off the "goods!!!" My kid LOVES milk though!

You do realize that the OP is trying to bulk right? He's trying to gain weight and muscle mass...GOMAD is a classic, old school strategy employed during a bulking cycle, particularly for teen males engaged in strength training and athletics like football.
  • JoRocka
    Options

You do realize that the OP is trying to bulk right? He's trying to gain weight and muscle mass...GOMAD is a classic, old school strategy employed during a bulking cycle, particularly for teen males engaged in strength training and athletics like football.

people seem to be completely against actually reading the original post- and or checking what thread/forum they are under.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was in high school and had a super high metabolism. Although I did not do Gomad exactly what I did do is make a lot of milk shakes with whole eggs in them. A blender full of that a day. I don't know how many calories that was since I was in high school in the 80's (I'm sure it was a lot). Still had a hard time putting weight on.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Oh God that sounds disgusting. Although I'm not a huge milk fan. I've never heard of it and it's something I'd stay way clear of lol
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Oh God that sounds disgusting. Although I'm not a huge milk fan. I've never heard of it and it's something I'd stay way clear of lol

Well, you aren't a super skinny young male trying to gain mass are you? That's why this is in the GAINING WEIGHT section.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have tended to stay away from the public fora with the exception of "gaining weight" because of the ammount of ridiculous there.

I am saddened to see it has spilled over to here.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When my goats start milking, ill likely be drinking about that, lmao.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    When my goats start milking, ill likely be drinking about that, lmao.

I quite fancy a milking goat, I just know that getting up to milk it every day would become annoying in the extreme after a while.

What are those? Anglo-Nubians?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I have tended to stay away from the public fora with the exception of "gaining weight" because of the ammount of ridiculous there.

I am saddened to see it has spilled over to here.

I"m shocked it's been as bad as it has in this thread- this is the worst infiltration I've seen yet- but I agree this is a nice little bubble we have going on here- we are usually pretty good with bulk and cut people- it's nice.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    my friend drank a gallon of milk every day. after a few months, he was always red in the face - when he finally went to his doctor, his cholesterol had risen insanely and his blood pressure was up 100 points. he said his doctor told him to stop the milk, and after he stopped the milk, with no other lifestyle changes, the redness went away and his blood pressure went back down.

since i didn't personally talk to his doctor, there could have been other issues involved.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why drink all that milk when there's ice cream?