The Gratitude Game

Options

Replies

• JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I’m grateful for the MFP site.

I’m grateful for my friends who have lost incredible amounts of weight and motivated me to do better.

I’m grateful for all of the free advice and help offered here.

I’m grateful for the support and for the self-respect & pride that I now have in myself because of my success.

I’m grateful for the chance to fix a relationship that I thought was over, that means more to me than anything else I could possibly have.
  • sherapop12
    sherapop12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that the teachers in my province are voting on their new contract today, and the strike will likely end. This means that I will be able to go back to work tomorrow after being off since June 17th. Yay! This also means that my youngest will be going to her first day of highschool very soon, and I am very excited for her.
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I find my job interesting and fulfilling.
    I am grateful for my safe home, functional car, and supportive family.
    I am grateful for my health and mobility.
    I am grateful for the opportunity to make everyday a little better than the last.
  • gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that my car finance company was pleasant with me even though I'm going to be late with my payment this month. I'm grateful to finally finish the collage I've been working on for around 10 days. I'm grateful that my friend Sandra is coming over to paint with me tonight. I'm grateful that I successfully completed my first 5:2 style fast day.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful for mfp. I have met some really great people here since July. I'm grateful for Tracy and Frances and Patty and Dasher and merrygrannie and Deborah and Katrina. Thanks for being there! I'm grateful that it's Friday and I don't have to set an alarm for tomorrow morning. I am grateful to have the house to myself tonight although I also miss my son who is at his dad's. I'm grateful for a summery day today. I am grateful for art inspiration and my artist friends.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I feel crappy. Yep you read it right. I am grateful that I feel crappy, because last night I indulged in a bunch of "junk" food all at one time and I am paying the piper. Having some sort of less healthy choice food is ok, however to eat it all at once is not worth how I am feeling today. So this is the silver lining of my dark cloud.
    Today I am grateful that I can veg and rest and recoup, so that I can be stronger and more determined tomorrow.
    I am also grateful that I am able to feel confident and comfortable enough to be open and honest with my MFP friends about my situation and that they in kind are open and honest with me in their responses.
    :flowerforyou:
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for this beautiful day!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Grateful for the chance to get a great education and be anything I want.

Grateful for my entire amazing family - grateful that my loved ones support me in whatever wild direction I choose to take.
  • eurick33
    eurick33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful and excited to see this thread. I am grateful for myfitnesspal that is helping me to lose this weight when all else has failed. I am grateful for my family and our health.:smile:
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the emergency vet that is close where I took my rabbit at midnight. I am grateful that my rabbit likes the nutrient dense food I have to syringe feed him instead of having to literally force feed him and I am grateful that the antibiotic combo he is on seems to be working faster than the vet expected. I am grateful for an understanding and forgiving boss who's biggest fault is that he gives his employees too many chances. I am grateful for my supportive boyfriend who makes going to school full time, not just a possibility for me, but makes it as stress-free as possible by taking on 90% of the housework and helping me with a few bills. I am grateful for his loving and welcoming family who quickly made me feel like part of the family and who have been there as part of my support system for almost 3 years now. I am grateful that we found this gorgeous apartment last year for waaay less money than they typically are in this area, that was in our price range and has a management company that is prompt with maintenance. I am grateful for my instructors at school who put up with my billions of questions and take the time to look up the answers they are unsure of instead of saying "I'm not sure."

That's beautiful
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for First Place 4 Health. It is a Bible based weight loss group at my church. It created a door way for my healthy lifestyle. I have grown spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I encourage everyone to find their core and purpose in this life and live with a purpose to be successful and teaching others how to be successful.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    SO grateful for My Fitness Pal and that I have finally accepted the truth that weight is all about calories in/calories out.

Super grateful that negative thoughts about my body and my weight no longer take up space in my head. What an incredible relief to have them gone for good! I don't have the body I want yet, but as long as I am doing something about it and moving in the right direction, I am okay with that.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that I have the house to myself even if it is only for a couple of hours.
    I am grateful that I have a kind heart and a peaceful soul so that I may help others.
    I am grateful that my husband can tolerate my quirky ways and doing everything backwards/hard way.
    I am grateful that I have all the necessities that make my life as comfortable as can be.
    I am grateful that my mom's friend got released from the hospital again.
    I am grateful that I still have my mom, even if we have not been as close as I would have liked.:brokenheart:
    I am grateful that our garage project is complete and working fine.
    I am grateful that I can appreciate the smaller things in life. Like the fresh north breeze today that helped clear the cobwebs from my head. A warm cup of herbal tea, a ice cold glass of water.
    Today I am thankful for being me!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my loving family.

I am grateful for good friends, who care enough to ask how I am doing.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am really grateful for my mfp friends: Tracy who keeps me honest and smiling every day, Frances who is my fearless 5:2 buddy, and Marney, Mary and Patty who are in my senior challenge group. Thanks Guys!!

Also grateful for my life, my son, my Denver BFF Sandra, my community of artist friends across the nation and world. I am grateful for my participants and friends in my art groups (art journaling and botanical sketching) and my facebook friends and teachers who are so dear.
  • asia1967
    Options
    Today I am grateful that Gayle kicks my butt and reminds me to log my crappy days along with my good days. She makes me laugh even on my bad days. :flowerforyou:
    I am grateful that I now have the energy to do the things that I must and extra energy to the things that I want. :wink:
    I am grateful that I have the free time to read a book, talk a walk or just to veg.
    I am grateful that my mom got a clean bill of health from the doctor's today.
    :drinker:
  • FutureTrophyWife
    FutureTrophyWife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my family. I am grateful that my youngest daughter is happy in college and my oldest daughter persevered and finished graduate school. I am grateful that my son is working. I am grateful for my husband and all that he does for our family. I am grateful that my father is in good health. I am grateful for my friends. I am grateful that God loves me and answers my prayers.
  • pam1056
    pam1056 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    Today I am grateful that got through last night's and this morning teen crisis and all seems well. Grateful that my buddy Sandra is coming over to paint with me. Grateful that this school term is almost over.