Controversial Referendum?

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a referendum on returning to cylindrical toilet paper dispensers in public rest rooms. These lopsided things were designed by engineers on acid. Thank you, Mr. Engineer on acid, for ruining a perfectly good BM. I blame you.

They should make it up to you. With pie.

Only if it's expensive pie. I hear that free pie makes people angry.

Well, I guess if I went to McDs and ate just the burger meat, I'd be pretty angry too. :sick:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am unsure of what the lopsided kind is. Could you provide a picture so I can better commiserate with you?
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Or how about the fact that I just used the restroom and the person who changed the toilet paper put it UNDER instead of over. I swear, they did this just to ruin my day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR44fd7hYrsd2YmK1zTaQHuc0xjuR1xlb4UukpXd-avPv6Vpf-HuA
    You clearly don't have young children or pets!

I have a 15 month old that I have to hide the toilet paper from for this very reason. But this was a janitorial person in an office building... this is a very important task to perform correctly!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I am unsure of what the lopsided kind is. Could you provide a picture so I can better commiserate with you?

An oval cylinder, where volume is calculated pi * a * b * height, and a and b are half the length of the oval axes. Sorry, but I can't post a pic right now.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Or how about the fact that I just used the restroom and the person who changed the toilet paper put it UNDER instead of over. I swear, they did this just to ruin my day.

Is it YOU that keeps changing it - it's MEANT to be under!!:laugh:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Please do not attempt to highjack my thread and turn it into a discussion of toilet paper dispensing methods in Scotland. This is about cylindrical versus lopsided toilet paper roll dispensers, not Scotland. There is to be no mention of Scotland.

It should always be UNDER in Scotland especially. Glad I found something to vote about today :D
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    in... for poop.

Sorry to derail, but I have a question. Yesterday you said this
    Generally speaking, a blog post is a platform to state musings or opinions about something. It's a good place to vent (like the OP here)

Forums are meant to ask a question, seek help or generate discussion. There's a question somewhere in a forum topic.

Blog posts in forums are generally done by attention... um... seekers, who are not satisfied with the audience that a blog post would give them (ie. friend's list just isn't enough audience)

Now I think OP's post is awesome (and I agree that I would like to see a picture of said contraption as I do not think I have ever come across one of these), and clearly you think it is awesome as well because you are "in for poop" but to me according to above statement this would better serve as a blog post, which in turn leads me to believe that you pick and choose whom you call out?? Amirite? Just curious. :flowerforyou:
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Please do not attempt to highjack my thread and turn it into a discussion of toilet paper dispensing methods in Scotland. This is about cylindrical versus lopsided toilet paper roll dispensers, not Scotland. There is to be no mention of Scotland.

It should always be UNDER in Scotland especially. Glad I found something to vote about today :D

I feel like I may have failed to make myself clear here. There is to be no mention of Scotland whatsoever. No discussion of Scotch, or banks in Scotland, and certainly no mention of Scotish independence, or kilts. Nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland. Not even the word "Scotland" is to be written in this thread. So please, let's not discuss Scotland. Just TP. Not Scotland.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    in... for poop.

Generally speaking, a blog post is a platform to state musings or opinions about something. It's a good place to vent (like the OP here)

Forums are meant to ask a question, seek help or generate discussion. There's a question somewhere in a forum topic.

Blog posts in forums are generally done by attention... um... seekers, who are not satisfied with the audience that a blog post would give them (ie. friend's list just isn't enough audience)

Now I think OP's post is awesome (and I agree that I would like to see a picture of said contraption as I do not think I have ever come across one of these), and clearly you think it is awesome as well because you are "in for poop" but to me according to above statement this would better serve as a blog post, which in turn leads me to believe that you pick and choose whom you call out?? Amirite? Just curious. :flowerforyou:

The pie thread was a pointless rant. This is a sarcastic observation.

h9A1096B5
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It must be nice to have the free time to wipe. I just put on more axe spray.

lmaooooooooooooooooooo

omg thank you, I needed a good LOL this morning
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    in... for poop.

h9A1096B5

At least that's a mostly cylindrical rolled carpet that the cat is in.

Wait. It's not a Scottish cat, is it?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    in... for poop.

Yep. I do.

Because I ALREADY KNOW that OP is a shameless attention ho. That's why he's on my FL.

I'm "in for poop" because I like poop gifs.
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    in... for poop.

h9A1096B5

I don't hate fun. I am ALL about the fun. My curiosity was just sparked so I figured I would ask. That is all. Carry on.

Oh and...

Cartman.gif
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Soooo...basically, OP is pooping and MFPing at the same time. Can't say that I've never done it...
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    in... for poop.

h9A1096B5

Oh, and this works, too! LOVE IT!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

An oval cylinder, where volume is calculated pi * a * b * height, and a and b are half the length of the oval axes. Sorry, but I can't post a pic right now.

You made me math. :angry: No commiseration for you!
  • branflakes1980
    Options
    in... for poop.

Yep. I do.

Because I ALREADY KNOW that OP is a shameless attention ho. That's why he's on my FL.

I'm "in for poop" because I like poop gifs.

thnku.gif
    Have a super day :flowerforyou:
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

THIS!!! SOOOOOOO this!

I love my BF, but he ALWAYS does this "wrong". I have to be super vigilant when we get close to the end of a roll--I cannot stand having it the wrong way. I changed it one time and he laughed at my need to do so (all in good nature). I'm sure someday it's going to cause a full-out argument. :wink:

ETA: I agree with OP...the lopsided rolls are all kinds of wrong and I think they should be outlawed!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    tumblr_mwpzsjWFjZ1sa8164o1_500.gif
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about coreless TP rolls? Don't blame the engineers for those. Back when engineers had something to say about anything, the world made sense.