Controversial Referendum?

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Or how about the fact that I just used the restroom and the person who changed the toilet paper put it UNDER instead of over. I swear, they did this just to ruin my day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR44fd7hYrsd2YmK1zTaQHuc0xjuR1xlb4UukpXd-avPv6Vpf-HuA

Please do not attempt to highjack my thread and turn it into a discussion of toilet paper dispensing methods in Scotland. This is about cylindrical versus lopsided toilet paper roll dispensers, not Scotland. There is to be no mention of Scotland.

It should always be UNDER in Scotland especially. Glad I found something to vote about today :D

I feel like I may have failed to make myself clear here. There is to be no mention of Scotland whatsoever. No discussion of Scotch, or banks in Scotland, and certainly no mention of Scotish independence, or kilts. Nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland. Not even the word "Scotland" is to be written in this thread. So please, let's not discuss Scotland. Just TP. Not Scotland.

well that's good, because I'm totally English with not even a trace of Scottish blood anywhere. Well, that's what the official records seem to show anyway. The fact that nearly everyone on my mum's side of the family have red hair and look decidedly Celtic doesn't seem to figure into official records at all. And it could be Welsh or Irish or some other Celtic ethnic group... maybe even Cornish. You never know.... (

Just wondering if the name of my country's going to be totally different in a few days..... and what the bloody heck it'll end up being called if the Scot... um you know....

As for "no kilts" - yep, a picture of those fine young men *without* kilts would be perfectly acceptable.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    8102083_orig.jpg

Naamloos-2.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    8102083_orig.jpg

Naamloos-2.jpg

*fans self*
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Or how about the fact that I just used the restroom and the person who changed the toilet paper put it UNDER instead of over. I swear, they did this just to ruin my day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR44fd7hYrsd2YmK1zTaQHuc0xjuR1xlb4UukpXd-avPv6Vpf-HuA

Please do not attempt to highjack my thread and turn it into a discussion of toilet paper dispensing methods in Scotland. This is about cylindrical versus lopsided toilet paper roll dispensers, not Scotland. There is to be no mention of Scotland.

It should always be UNDER in Scotland especially. Glad I found something to vote about today :D

I feel like I may have failed to make myself clear here. There is to be no mention of Scotland whatsoever. No discussion of Scotch, or banks in Scotland, and certainly no mention of Scotish independence, or kilts. Nothing whatsoever to do with Scotland. Not even the word "Scotland" is to be written in this thread. So please, let's not discuss Scotland. Just TP. Not Scotland.

well that's good, because I'm totally English with not even a trace of Scottish blood anywhere. Well, that's what the official records seem to show anyway. The fact that nearly everyone on my mum's side of the family have red hair and look decidedly Celtic doesn't seem to figure into official records at all. And it could be Welsh or Irish or some other Celtic ethnic group... maybe even Cornish. You never know.... (

Just wondering if the name of my country's going to be totally different in a few days..... and what the bloody heck it'll end up being called if the Scot... um you know....

As for "no kilts" - yep, a picture of those fine young men *without* kilts would be perfectly acceptable.

Thank you! It's taken the entire day to get this thing hijacked into a discussion of the Scottish Referendum. I was starting to get a little disappointed with MFP there.

I mean, Nooooooooo!!!!!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Impressive how this thread morphed from *kitten* cleansing devices, to a kilt photo war. The person who posted the gif a page back signifies victory on behalf of Beach, regardless of how this thread ends.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    I just want to know what my country's going to be called tomorrow........
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I just had to use the men's restroom because there wasn't any paper in the women's.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

You and pretty much every banker from here to Hong Kong
  • neandermagnon
    Options

You and pretty much every banker from here to Hong Kong

and the flag.... http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/shortcuts/2014/mar/02/scottish-independence-new-british-flag-poll

I like the one with the Welsh influence on it best... because I've always thought it kind of unfair that the Welsh flag was never a part of the Union Flag before
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Freedom!!!!!!!!

(I'm just here to cause trouble for Beach)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Are yous changing your name? Wish I'd known, might have changed my vote :laugh:

What are the options? I like Jonathon.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

please call it london so it makes it easier for us 'mericans always be gettin confused what you be called british, britians, scotterirish people, UKians, Dr. Whovians...its confusing
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Bob. The Country of Bob sounds good. :tongue:
  • 3laine75
    Options

Aw, Bob is good :smile:

More kilts pls (male and female)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Aw, Bob is good :smile:

More kilts pls (male and female)

As you wish :tongue:

kilt2.jpg

tumblr_motzzzLCPc1ssktd6o6_400.jpg
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Kilts.

I can give you kilts.

scotsfest.jpg
  • 3laine75
    Options
    Kilts.

I can give you kilts.

scotsfest.jpg

Is it wrong that I like this guy best?
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    OH! I know what you're talking about, like at costco, where it just kind of thumps around as you roll it? Designed to keep it from unrolling too much?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Kilts.

I can give you kilts.

scotsfest.jpg

Is it wrong that I like this guy best?

Maybe because it seems more likely that you'd meet this guy.

This is a picture from the local Scottish festival held annually.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the kilt pics.

Does anyone else think it's really hot in here?