Why simply be normal, when you can be a freak?

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    First, pls understand a few thing...note where I posted this..in the motivation and support area. So if I'm trying to motivate people and have them build their will power...is this not the correct venue?

The comment about pasta and bread seem to have hit a nerve. I'm not saying you have to stop eating them, I'm saying, don't over indulge. As long as it fits your macros...go for it. Personally, I go higher on my proteins than carbs, but as long as you hit your macros...that's what matters.

The booze part, I'm sticking to. Think about it, what does drinking alcohol do for many (most?) people. It mellows them. It may provide them a shot of courage. Maybe makes them more confident. Ok, what does being freak fit do. You definitely have more confidence. You actually become intimating to some people, or they may immediately think you are stuck up. Just the opposite infact. Some of the most fitest people I know are the most endearing. Why, because they are comfortable with themselves.

Also, pls note, I’m not saying you will be the strongest or the fastest or the person that can run the fartherest..although I think you have a good chance of it..instead, I’m saying that if you make this a lifestyle change, you will be running at +95% of your potential. Trust me, not too many people walking the streets are at that level.

So again, for those who practice moderation. I have no qualms with you. God loves normal people, he made so many of you. :tongue:

Sorry, had to lop one counter volley. But for those who want to literally be more than they ever imagine. Jump onboard.

Let’s smash it.

I can be more than I ever imagined and I don't have to be the fittest person ever, I don't have to give up everything and I most certainly don't have to be condescending.

You think coming into MFP and spouting things at people in the most condescending way is a great way to get your message across? Really?
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    I get what OP is saying...I'm doing ok for my age, but can certainly do better....and I don't think a little deprivation is a bad thing. Obviously his post won't appeal to most people because most people want easier paths to difficult goals. There isn't anything wrong with that, but the journey will be longer and a little more complacent. OP just gave me a boost in the butt to pick it up a notch... I've been complacent in some areas that are in need of some discipline. Except alcohol. I can't give that up. Thanks, OP... I needed that.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I get what OP is saying...I'm doing ok for my age, but can certainly do better....and I don't think a little deprivation is a bad thing. Obviously his post won't appeal to most people because most people want easier paths to difficult goals. There isn't anything wrong with that, but the journey will be longer and a little more sustainable. OP just gave me a boost in the butt to pick it up a notch... I've been complacent in some areas that are in need of some discipline. Except alcohol. I can't give that up. Thanks, OP... I needed that.

FIFY :flowerforyou:

There's plenty enough deprivation diets and body-shaming out there as it is.
    Do we really need more of it just packaged as "motivation"?
    I don't.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Lol! For most people, I would agree... but I think he was looking for people who like harder challenges.... for some reason, deprivation and pain appeal to me (in regard to training and eating)....
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    I think it's the 'roids.

h349FD5DD_zps65e89ed5.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Lol! For most people, I would agree... but I think he was looking for people who like harder challenges.... for some reason, deprivation and pain appeal to me (in regard to training and eating)....

If he were referring to other kinds, then this thread would have gone a lot better and been more interesting :laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    I'm good, thanks.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I swam with a saltwater crocodile. For this reason, I plan to continue to eat carbs and drink good beer. In fact, after coming nose to nose with that crocodile, the first thing I did when I made it back to shore was have a drink.

But here are my reasons I think your challenge is ridiculous:

1. I like people. I like hanging out with people. People don't want to hang out with the hangry, carb-depleted me that can't eat the birthday cake.
    2. I like my children. My children love to go for chinese buffet on Saturday.
    3. I ran up Diamond Head in 20 minutes. It was the most disappointing thing I have ever done. The next time I'm in Oahu, I plan to walk slowly and take more photos of Waikiki, the mountain range, and Hanouma Bay. 20 minutes up didn't allow me much time to do these things and I totally ruined my trip up.
    4. I go to the beach a lot. One of my favorite things to do there is drink a beer and then run a 5K while humming Running against the Wind in my head. I can't do that if I can't drink.
    5. Food Truck Festivals.

So you see, my normal is a whole lot of fun and I like it more than your freak.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

If he were referring to other kinds, then this thread would have gone a lot better and been more interesting :laugh:
    30.gif
    I would've liked this thread better, that's for sure
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Not everyone cares about giving up liquor. If giving up liquor is really something that's a concern, you might have a problem.

Is anyone really motivated/inspired/whatever by an open "challenge" issued by a random on the internet?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    I swam with a saltwater crocodile. For this reason, I plan to continue to eat carbs and drink good beer. In fact, after coming nose to nose with that crocodile, the first thing I did when I made it back to shore was have a drink.

1. I like people. I like hanging out with people. People don't want to hang out with the hangry, carb-depleted me that can't eat the birthday cake.
    3. I ran up Diamond Head in 20 minutes. It was the most disappointing thing I have ever done. The next time I'm in Oahu, I plan to walk slowly and take more photos of Waikiki, the mountain range, and Hanouma Bay. 20 minutes up didn't allow me much time to do these things and I totally ruined my trip up.
    4. I go to the beach a lot. One of my favorite things to do there is drink a beer and then run a 5K while humming Running against the Wind in my head. I can't do that if I can't drink.
    5. Food Truck Festivals.

IN!!! :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

5. Food Truck Festivals.

Youre_awesome_gif.gif
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    I get the OPs thinking - and its a great challenge. However its not necessary to cut out everything you love unless you are planning to win competitions.

With keeping to your macros, and a sustainable/enjoyable exercise program, you can get 95% of the way there. The price for the last 5% is a bit too high!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Mmm...kind of condescending, no?

You are legitimately the biggest blowhard I've ever seen on the Internet...and I'm not even exaggerating. This post is the most ridiculous thing imaginable. Guess that "meathead" stereotype is a stereotype for a reason, lol.

And for the record, I'm not fat.

• And obtw...I've been there done that. Go look at my profile...I have a pic of the before. 2.5 years ago I could have been someone reading this.

So those who signed up..let's do this. For others...good luck.

Look at you taking my advice... I'm feelin' kinda proud... *pats on shoulder* (which btw is getting kinda shapely) :-) Nice one TC! Stir it up, little darlin'
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    bless-your-heart.gif
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Ruh-roh, he phoned a friend!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

And obtw...I've been there done that. Go look at my profile...I have a pic of the before. 2.5 years ago I could have been someone reading this.

So those who signed up..let's do this. For others...good luck.

Look at you taking my advice... I'm feelin' kinda proud... *pats on shoulder* (which btw is getting kinda shapely) :-) Nice one TC! Stir it up, little darlin'
    Aww, that's cute.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    OP I was with you on the first thread. I understood what you were trying to say. I think your heart was in the right place trying to motivate people, to make them think outside the box and push a little harder. I was even with you on your second post. But the rest of your posts turned me off.

I do everything you said to do (except give up any kind of food) and I don't drink anyway. Over two years I've lost, I've maintained (deliberately) and I lost again.

Oh, and my profile pic is not just my head and it IS me.

TL;DR - I think your heart is in the right place but you went about it all wrong.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

5. Food Truck Festivals.

^^YOU...I. Like. You.

95.gif