• in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    the-office-no.gif

+1
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I tried a "cleanse" diet using Dawn dishwashing detergent. Didn't turn out so well.

Just sayin... Dawn and Vinegar mixed together in a spray bottle does wonders for cleanse-ing your bathtub.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Nope... even as a "diet plan" this one looks like it sucks... fruit and vegetables do not sustain me like protiens do... I would be starving and ready to hack people's heads off.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    t sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

I sincerely doubt you'd have got any different responses even if you said "I'm trying this 7 day diet" and linking to that page.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

OMG that't he first spider I have actually went "AWWWWWWW" to!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

brook-5a-tatianamaslnay.gif
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

I disagree..........

Per the link you posted...."you can lose 10-17 pounds in one week!!!"

I don't care what the diet is called.... that statement right there says it's a load of BS.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

But thanks anyways

You want to get to a healthier eating plan and you think dropping 17# in 10 days is healthy...I think I'm gonna need to find out what your definition of healthy is.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    There should be a "Cleanse" sub-forum where all these posts can go to die of a broken lonely heart because it will make it easier for us to ignore their stupidity outright.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Geezus H. Christ! This is the cabbage soup diet, not a freakin' detox. Is that what they're calling it now?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

But thanks anyways
    you can call it the Queen of England if you want it's still a stupid plan
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

You asked the question "who's with me"... you got answers... maybe not the ones you wanted... you didn't ask for people's opinions about the "cleanse" or whether you should do it or what to do instead. But you're welcome.
  • cottony
    Options

But thanks anyways

You want to get to a healthier eating plan and you think dropping 17# in 10 days is healthy...I think I'm gonna need to find out what your definition of healthy is.

I AM NOT FOLLOWING THAT ''PLAN'' 100% LIKE IT IS WRITTEN.

Losing 10-17lbs in a week is sick,I know that.

i just want to take the basics.

what are you saying for vegans then?
    ''OMG, you are crazy not eating meat or eggs that is terrible?!''
  • cottony
    Options

just pure sarcasm

You asked the question "who's with me"... you got answers... maybe not the ones you wanted... you didn't ask for people's opinions about the "cleanse" or whether you should do it or what to do instead. But you're welcome.

yes I know what I was asking but all those stupid comments makes me angry.

what if it was a person who really doesn't know what is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep yourself healthy? those comments are really sarcastic.

but well if people are like that in here...okay
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    The light saber is the only proper way to cleanse.

tumblr_lp0dabQ9O71r0bn0oo1_500.jpg
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

Hi, first off, I want to apologize. I was quick to use sarcasm when you posted. I would like to redeem myself. A big part of myfitnesspal is the idea that losing weight quickly is not necessarily the best for you. And quite a few people that have been here for awhile have learned that quick "jumpstarts" and cleanses tend to not only give short term results, but can damage you in the future. Cleansing is a bit of a fad in the 21st century, when people were told that if you were to lose weight quick, you could get off on a good footing towards "normal" weight loss. What those cleanses don't address is that losing weight is about consistency and taking care of your body. It doesn't teach you how to eat at a deficit or why certain foods are better in moderation than others. It is restriction and more than 90% of the time leads to binging and gaining the weight back plus some. Here are some great links (from a post I made as an former dieter and habitual cleanser) that I have found helpful when starting over or after losing track for awhile. I wish you all the luck, and you can pm me if you need anything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1432136-meanie-hater-reinvented