Can men and women maintain a platonic relationship?

Options
KoopaSix
KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
So just curious on what the general consensus is here. I strongly believe it can be done. I've done it on many occasions and feel a platonic relationship can exist between a man and woman.

Replies

• Pensguys
    Pensguys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe so too.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Of course. I have a platonic relationship with lots of men.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Some of my best friends are Guys! There may be innocent flirting here & there but we all know our boundaries, and genuinely care for the special friendships we have! So, my answer would be YES, DEFINITELY! :smile:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Of course. I have a platonic relationship with lots of men.

I still feel the sting of his rejection.
  • KoopaSix
    Options
    Are you married? If so how does your spouse hand it?
  • SuperHero_Kitty
    SuperHero_Kitty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If not, then I'm in a lot of trouble. As a women pursuing an engineering/computer science degree, most of my friends are male.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ always makes me hungry
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I sleep at my guy friends house a couple of times a month. My boyfriend didn't like it at first because I would keep the truck there with me, but now that we have two vehicles it's no problem.

He is also best friends with my guy best friends so that probably helps too. He trusts me and he trusts them. He likes when I'm out with them more than when I'm with my girls because he knows they'll keep me safe.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Depends on the level. If the friend of the opposite sex starts to take away from the primary romantic relationship, then I'd worry.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

I sleep at my guy friends house a couple of times a month. My boyfriend didn't like it at first because I would keep the truck there with me, but now that we have two vehicles it's no problem.

He is also best friends with my guy best friends so that probably helps too. He trusts me and he trusts them. He likes when I'm out with them more than when I'm with my girls because he knows they'll keep me safe.

why are we not friends again? lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    For me, yes.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • KoopaSix
    Options

That's very cool you have such a great trust between the two of you. It really shows maturity on both sides and will help set a solid foundation if you 2 decide to take it to the next level. Mad respect
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    absolutely.

i have a platonic relationship with all my ugly female friends.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Sure. I have platonic relationships with my sisters boyfriend, my boyfriends friends and brothers, my male co-workers. Easy!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    absolutely.

i have a platonic relationship with all my ugly female friends.

Hahaha
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have one. We've been friends since Middle school and my husband doesn't mind the friendship.
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    I believe it can be done if one of the people is really ugly.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am married and definately have male friends and husband is aware of them and ok with it because we are so open about what we do with outside friends. Part of this is do to interests. I have some hes not interested in like running and lifting so in ways he is glad I have friends male or female that I can share these interest with. It is all about trust. I have male friends that are my age as well as a few that are actually my sons age but its common interests not sexual interest that have built these friendships