You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    For me wash day is a long process.... ugh lol
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    It takes 50 minutes of an hour hair appointment to wash, brush, blow dry and flat iron your hair enough to actually cut it. This really happened to me. :blushing:

I once had a blow out last 2 hours...no joke.

She was a student beautician...but still.

Oh, and if you wear your hair in a pony tail it's still wet the next day if you take it down.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

Go ahead, laugh at me. Then give me your best and easiest tips, please?!?

My advice would be to move to New Mexico, lol. I was visiting my in-laws there last Christmas, and it's the only time I can remember being able to let my hair air dry and it looked great.

Oh, and you know you have wavy/curly hair when you weigh the pros & cons of flat ironing your hair because it's so much work, takes so long, and makes one really hot. Also having to warn the hair dressers that your hair isn't going to do anything he/she wants it to do & he or she will burn some fingers by holding locks of hair during flat ironing.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Or how bout if you put it in a braid, bun, anything when its bunched together - its not dry when you take it down-- my hair is still wet from this morning and it is just twisted up into a clip with the ends out on top-- the curls at the top are dry, but the twist in back is still wet!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

Go ahead, laugh at me. Then give me your best and easiest tips, please?!?

My advice would be to move to New Mexico, lol. I was visiting my in-laws there last Christmas, and it's the only time I can remember being able to let my hair air dry and it looked great.

Oh, and you know you have wavy/curly hair when you weigh the pros & cons of flat ironing your hair because it's so much work, takes so long, and makes one really hot. Also having to warn the hair dressers that your hair isn't going to do anything he/she wants it to do & he or she will burn some fingers by holding locks of hair during flat ironing.

Lol,, I lived in NM for a long time..... Tucson has been nicer to my curly hair-- I think its the dry heat! No frizz lol
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    ...cutting hair dry always looks better than cutting it wet!
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When everyone wants to pet it and touch it. DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR, IT WILL FRIZZ.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Basically, lol!

When the forecast includes rain and a panic attack.

^^^^This
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ......you do the same thing and use the same product and get different results every time
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

You show up to work in the morning with wet hair cause blow drying - even with that stupid little attachment- just creates frizz

I do this ALL the time, since I work out in the morning before work. In the winter I will blow-dry my roots/scalp; otherwise I get too cold. :)
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    oh and I have to pick my hair off of everyone in my family, including the animals
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My hair stylist always forgets how much hair I have! She mixes up the "normal" amount of hair color, then she always has to mix up more to finish it off.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP, for helping me find my people. :heart:

It's like you all KNOW me! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • _SexySouthernComfort_
    Options
    When someone suggests going to New Orleans for a weekend and you're like you mean me and my hair? Two tickets required.
    Ha! Imagine living down here. I haven't worn my hair completely down all summer. For the first year at my job, a few people would comment how my hair looks different every day. I guess they're just used to it now.

I live in South Louisiana trust me during the summer unless corporate bosses come to work my hair is always up and when it is down I have near a pound of products in it.

Also I mix a regualr conditioner, a deep mask conditioner, and a anti frizz conditioner put it in my hair and wrap it with a wet hot towel and luckily it has helped calm the "medusa hair"
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    When even your stylist gives up on trying to straighten it! He just said honey, I'm sorry, that look is not going to work for you. I have baby fine super curly hair. Reading this thread and agreeing with all of it!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am so envious. My hair is baby fine, thin, and stick straight. I guess we all have complaints.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When you purchase two or three bottles of conditioner to every one bottle of shampoo.

This x238572847502
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When you don't ever dare brush it dry, for fear of this happening:

Stop-Frizzy-Hair.jpg

I look like that right now! lol
  • NurseGetHealthy216
    Options
    When your hair is the most accurate weather forecast
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    When strangers who are hairdressers ask who does your permanent.

Yup, that used to happen to me but about age 55 my hair started to turn from curly with body to limp and frizzy.