Children named after tv characters or celebrities

Options

Replies

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My mom named me after a character on her soap opera. Everyone thinks I was named from Bewitched, but not so. I'm Samantha.

*edit for spelling
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    Options
    Ohhhhh my Optimus and Skeletor are a right pair of scamps!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My oldest son is named Justice after Justus Quartermaine from General Hospital. I changed the spelling but I first heard the name in jr. high and it stuck with me. They eventually "killed him off" and during the month my son was born the show brought him back. He hates it everytime I tell someone when they ask me where I came up with his name.

Hubby wanted Thor the Virgin Crusher.....
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    My sons name is Eric - after Eric Clapton :smile:
  • mjtjmal
    mjtjmal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a boy and girl named Michael and Jordan. Partly named after the baskebetball star, and partly cuz I loved the names growing up. Its funny to call them out in public.
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My oldest is named Lydia. I picked it while watchig Innerspace (bad bad bad 80's movie) and that was Meg Ryan's characters name.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My daughter's middle name is Leeloo

Leeloo_Mila_Jovovich2.jpg
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My daughter is named Emma after a grandmother but we joke that she was really named after Emma Watson since my husband and I are huge Harry Potter fans. We joke (ok, half joke) that if we have son we will name him Thomas after Tom Felton.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Back when I was young there was a character on a soap my mom watched...ok I watched it too...her name was Sierra. When I was pregnant I kept seeing the word and it reminded me of the name. My neighbor drove a sierra truck. Maxwell house came out with a sierra coffee. Sierra leone was in the news. I think it was meant to be.

Sierra Danielle was born on earth day.

Lucky my oldest wasnt called Anakin.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    My daughter's middle name is Leeloo

Leeloo_Mila_Jovovich2.jpg
    LOVE THIS
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I have a cousin who is named Kenny for Kenny Rogers and his little brother is Adam because he wanted to name him He-man, but that was a bit too much for my aunt.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I thought I got the name Skyla from Good Will Hunting but then I watched it again and it's really Skylar said with Boston and English accents.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My parents named my brother Christopher Lee because my dad is a huge horror/ sci-fi fan.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My niece and nephew are Meilani Leia and Nathan Luke, after characters from Star Wars.

When I was younger i wanted to name my first boy Demijohn, from The Little Women. ("Name him Demijohn, and call him Demi for short, said Laurie") Then Demi Moore became widely known and Demi morphed into a girl's name. My daughter, Teagan, is named from a Celtic poem one of my grandmothers' loved.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    When one of my cousins had their first son, he called me up and told me the kids name was Parker Lewis GorillaNJ......

I laughed my @$$ off and he had no clue why...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE7u3NmWFd9rw7k0r3kZimmpK0y2l3ypF-yuIdIb8RAF-YJlqcbA
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Jasper but I swear to all that is holy that it is NOT after the damn sparkly vampire...I was hoping everyone would forget about that character when I picked the name, but no. I have had several people ask me if that's where I got it... *sigh* :o|
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Carter. His dad wanted that name, I wanted Griffin (which I got from Party of Five). Anyway, we couldn't decide. The tv was on when I was in labor. I pushed for an hour - the entire time the show ER was on. Carter was my favorite character and even though Carter was his last name, I agreed to it being my son's name because his dad wanted it and because of the show being on. For those of you that remember ER, it was the episode where Dr. Benton's son was born and that baby was named Reese. I think we should have named him Reese instead. Carter wishes we had chosen Griffin.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    My eldest son is Anders. heard the name as a teenager when Anders Hedberg came from Sweden to play hockey in NA for the Winnipeg Jets.

My son is 33 and I still love his name.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Back when I was young there was a character on a soap my mom watched...ok I watched it too...her name was Sierra. When I was pregnant I kept seeing the word and it reminded me of the name. My neighbor drove a sierra truck. Maxwell house came out with a sierra coffee. Sierra leone was in the news. I think it was meant to be.

Sierra Danielle was born on earth day.

Lucky my oldest wasnt called Anakin.

My best friend's oldest is named Anakin.
  • dj1skywalker
    Options
    I love the names Arwyn and Anakin

My sis is named Laura Diana (Little House on the Prairie and Princess Diana)