Over 170lbs Gone WITH PCOS!

Options

Replies

• christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing post. Thanks for sharing and well done on your weight loss so far.
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the battle you have had!! You're doing a great job at overcoming your struggles!! Congratulations!!! You're doing fantastic!!!
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of you! What an amazing journey you have been on. I had my son last year and weighed 300 when I found out and 320 at his birth. I also got a 4th degree tear from it but was told I healed perfectly so I was blessed in that aspect. (Even though it's painful sometimes still) and I am motivated to lose the weight as well. You look great and it's amazing to hear that all is looking up for you! WTG!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    You're an amazing women! Congrats on your success so far!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You are pretty badass. And I love your daughter's name!
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :-)
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow- absolutely amazing! What an inspiration. Congratulations on your fantastic progress! You look great!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You look mahvelous, darling! Such a story of courage and perseverance! Rock on!!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! I also have PCOS and am having trouble conceiving. next step is the Metformin but i have heard some not so great things about it. I remember a doctor of mine just told me i was too fat to have kids and go on a diet. Well I am on a diet now for my self and my health but have since got a new doctor!

I absolutely HATE that! That is ridiculous! There is NO such thing! The main thing , and this is what Dr. Crowder and Dr. Hinton BOTH told me, if I were at a lower weight (and this was when I was starting out at 400lbs), and at that time having a child was the *LAST* thing on my mind at that time, but I had hopes for the future, that my goal needed to be for me to be the healthiest me. Not a number on the scale. I needed to get my insulin under control, and all of my hormone levels in order. The more weight I got off, obviously, it would be great! As it would lower my chances of miscarriage, and overall complications with pregnancy, but when I was in the high 290's pregnant, never once did either bat an eye at me being pregnant or say a word about my weight.

The main thing I would suggest, is right now, have a full blood panel done. Find out if you've got any hormonal imbalances right now that could be hindering infertility. You're definitely doing right by eating healthy and being active. IF you do end up with Metformin, it's not a loss! It's ok! We all have to do what we have to do to keep ourselves healthy and keep this condition under control. I would talk to my doctor about the ER version, though. You only have to take it once daily, and it works for 24 hours. This is what I have been on for 11 years, and it works well. Regardless, best wishes, and keep going!

I'm pretty proud of you! What an amazing journey you have been on. I had my son last year and weighed 300 when I found out and 320 at his birth. I also got a 4th degree tear from it but was told I healed perfectly so I was blessed in that aspect. (Even though it's painful sometimes still) and I am motivated to lose the weight as well. You look great and it's amazing to hear that all is looking up for you! WTG!

My heart absolutely breaks hearing you had a 4th degree tear. I am SO very thankful that you were healed perfectly! That is a true blessing right there! There are so many sisters out there who suffer with 4th degree tears/obstetric fistulas who don't, and are still suffering. If you have any complications or need support for that, please PM, I have a support group for women who live with/survivors of Obstetric Fistula. Thank you for the compliments, you can do this!

And thank you to everyone for all of the love, and compliments! We can do this, ya'll! :heart:
  • Beachlady24
    Beachlady24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. We never know what challenges others are facing. Your daughter is beautiful! Good Luck
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Truly incredible, amazing achievement :happy:
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm very happy that you were able to discover what was medically wrong with you and they were able to make a plan of attack. Good for you for always being a fighter & never giving up. You are an inspiration!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow! Tears. I've seen your before and after photos here on the boards - that red dress is a total standout - and was horrified to read your back story. After all you've been through, you are a survivor! You're still here with your positive attitude, still working at being a healthier you. That makes you some kind of superhero! I mean - you've got the looks, strength and courage to burn ... and you've got that killer red dress! I think you need a superhero name!

Thanks for sharing your story - you can already see it inspiring and giving hope to others. With all my heart I wish you the very best for the rest of your life. :flowerforyou:
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look healthy and happy now! I wish you continued success on your journey to health!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome! Thank you for sharing your story. I love your positive attitude.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like your story could be in a magazine or some other publication. Truly amazing and truly inspirational. Thank you for sharing!!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am just blown away by your story, and I am so happy that you are doing so well! *hugs*
  • You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing this story with us!!! I am glad you are doing so much better. PCOS sounds horrific. I am very happy to read that your doctor took care of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!