You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options

Replies

• JayaNagarajan
    JayaNagarajan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When there is NO SUCH THING as trying to get a brush through your hair without conditioning it first....no conditioner=no hair wash

This is the best thread ever....so happy to know I am not alone!

I detangle my hair in the shower, when the conditioner is still in it. It works SO MUCH BETTER.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    If I put it in a bun while it's wet, and let it dry that way for many hours, I have some hope of taming the curls/frizz into waves. Until the next shampoo or humid day, that is.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    When your hair is the most accurate weather forecast
    Yes!

O.M.G.!!! This has me LOL!!! :laugh:
    after going to sleep with wet hair, you toddle half-awake down the hall, and the cat rounds the corner at the other end, and all its fur stands on and as if it had stumbled across a rabid wolf and it scrambles away in a panic, nearly launching wads of carpet from beneath its back feet.

Yes, this really happened to me. I think the state of my hair resembled the state of a puffed-up cat and so the cat interpreted it as *me* being in the fearful or aggressive emotional state of a puffed-up cat.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It took me 40 years to find a stylist who knows what he's doing with my hair. If I ever move from here, either he has to come with me as my kept stylist, or I'll be flying back to Memphis every two months.

Those keratin treatments that cost $$$ and are supposed to work to straighten your hair for up to four months...yeah, no, try only while still on my head. I've given up on the straight hair and because my stylist is amazing, my hair looks good wavy for the first time ever--no other stylist has ever given me a decent cut where it looked good curly/wavy.

Also, I only ever dry my hair (and only a little) when the temperature dips below 40F--fine in Memphis, but my Mom lives in Maine!
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for all the tips! On my way home last night I stopped at Walgreens and got some of that Garnier oil and spray gel, and this morning I skipped the shampoo and used just conditioner, and it is looking so much better already!

I can't fully relate to all of you. My hair used to be just wavy (as in my profile pic), that was when I could just wash it and let it air dry and that's how it looked when it dried. There is a more recent pic of me in my photos here that better shows how my hair is looking now. I can't leave it down anymore, it's gotten curlier as I've gotten older, and it just poofs out when it dries now. I am able to run my fingers through it and brush it without it getting worse, though. I hope it doesn't get any worse than this cuz I just can't deal with that! I'm so sorry to those of you who have to spent that time, effort, and money on keeping your hair looking decent! It would drive me mad!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    When you wake up on a humid day and you look like you went and got a Jerry Curl with frizzy ends! :tongue:

INFUSIUM 23 Leave in conditioner! I use it in a spray bottle and it calms my hair down back to a nice shiny loose curl. You can use straight on dry hair or after shampooing, once dry gently work it with your fingers and the stiffness will soften up. I have used this stuff on my hair for 25 years! :smile:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I won't leave the house on a rainy/humid day without using Curl Keeper on my hair. I try to only use it on those days because it's pricey, but I've had women stop me and ask how I keep my hair frizz-free in that weather and I tell them it's all due to the Curl Keeper. I tell them it's magic. :P

I was a puffball every day until I started using the Curly Girl Handbook method about three years ago. Now it's a pain to get my hair to dry but at least it looks better.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    When it's raining and you save two hours by just putting your hair up in a bun.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Had to answer again lol

When your mom - who has straight hair - tells you that you shouldn't be using product in your hair and you're just like :noway: "do you KNOW what I would like without it?!"

I don't "do" my hair - I pin it back, put product in it and hope for the best. Despite me doing it the same way, it looks different every day.

I'm the opposite of a lot of you - where I live is super dry, so my hair just ends up wavy and limp (it's also very fine). I like having more humidity because my hair will actually curl nicely!

I actually had a girl with poker straight hair complain to me once that it was "SO MUCH WORK" to do her hair (blow dry it) and she wished she had curly hair because it would be easier. She actually thought you could just wash it and it would dry into perfect ringlets. I freakin wish! Maybe some people have hair like that (and words will never express my envy), but I'm thinking the majority require some type of product to tame it.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    When hair-product instructions begin with " Take a dime size amount to start..." you laugh so hard you fall on your butt.

When 1 bottle of Mixed Chicks Detangling deep conditioner or leave in conditioner is required every single time I do my hair.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I brushed my hair once before going out to a Halloween party ...... people asked where I got my "awesome, crazy wig" :grumble:
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You have a permanent corona of little angel curls sticking out all over unless you haven't washed your hair in a couple of days (even with "smoothing" creams/gels/oils). It takes the stylist 1/2 hr to blow dry my hair semi straight and 10 seconds outside to poof it back up again.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    When the thought of washing your hair is just an unbearable thought, due to the amount of products and straightening that will be required for the next two hours....:sad:
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    when people ask.." is that your real hair" and when you answer yes..they say, "I hate you"...:laugh: people please!!

OMG THIS^^^^^

I get told by every woman who knows/sees me how "lucky" I am or how much they pay to get their hair the way mine is naturally and Im like,, B@#$% you must be crazy, you pay for this S@#$?

Or told "your hair is so beautiful" is it naturally that way? Yes-- "WOW",

I have THICK curly hair in long wringlets-- looks like a perm but its not
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    You don't bother trying to brush you hair some days
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    You walk around looking like Carrie's Mom :tongue: (The Sissy Spacek version)
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    2 hairdressers work on it at once!!

You have had to rip out tiny knots!!

When you straiten it you look like a scarecrow!!

Hate my hair :'( sobbb
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ...after going to sleep with wet hair, you toddle half-awake down the hall, and the cat rounds the corner at the other end, and all its fur stands on and as if it had stumbled across a rabid wolf and it scrambles away in a panic, nearly launching wads of carpet from beneath its back feet.

Yes, this really happened to me. I think the state of my hair resembled the state of a puffed-up cat and so the cat interpreted it as *me* being in the fearful or aggressive emotional state of a puffed-up cat.

LOVE this!

Looking in the mirror first thing in the morning and think, "Well, hell. Good morning sunshine."
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    BB invisible oil seems to be helping--but its $40 a bottle so it darn well better!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    http://makeameme.org/meme/Leave-Your-Hair

Not only does this chick have my hair, our faces are also similar (save my nose is crooked after being stepped on by a pony). This could almost be a pic of me from early teen years.