Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Tanya - what fun it is to drive the new all - electronic style cars - did it take you long to figure out how it all works? Hope you get to progress to active PT soon. Heartfelt sympathy for your bangs and bumps! :cry:

Laurie, Susan, Skinny - Karen, and Nettie and Gorilla - Enjoy your time and the race in NYC - I hope there is good coverage on network TV so I can see it too!

Susan - wow - your convention work is amazing hard! Glad your going to Cyrus' event. 17 lbs down - WOOT!!! Boot camp is really paying off for you! catch up with you next weds - enjoy your time off!

CBlue - HIIT has always sounded so so hard - and I am impressed beyond - wow - that you are already there and trying it - yep you will succeed and have good results from it. Take measurements - you and a tape measure I'm sure are good friends, aren't you? :happy:

Hansea - hmmm, recovery hotdogs? Where can I buy them? sounds delicious!

Soosun - I am impressed with your progress and dedication - you are also an inspiration! I enjoyed your sharing about living with your daughter and furnishing your quarters there. I LOVE DECORATING!!! In another incarnation I would have become one - IF I was better with colors - I can never quite pick the right color or paint for walls - how frustratings - but I relate to the fun of arranging things in a room and personalizing it. My Living room is quite appropriate for any kind of company but my den is "all me" full of personal momento's and oddities and neat reminders from long ago, including a sign from the Omaha Stockyards where my dad had his business long, ago. Good for you. Tough job your hubby has.

BohoCoast/Alison - thanks for bringing up the OCTOBER CHALLENGE - WHAT DO PEOPLE WANT TO DO???????
    Fall recipie sharing is a great idea as well! :love:

Kah - so excited for you with your upcoming cruise - sounds soo relaxing - I have an envy! :bigsmile:

Morgori - Tom - love the Helen Keller quote!

Nettie - so sorry you are stil having pain and problems but so glad your class aides are such wonderful women and are protecting you - ! :flowerforyou: Glad you have found your "independent" voice and are now not afraid to use it on authority figures. That has been my downfall in the past and I am still learning - its hard and your weaken - so DON"T!!!

WalkingQueen - wow I am exciting about your coming vacation sorry I know nothing to tell about N.O. so can't help there just don't drink alot and enjoy!

Big Paw Paw - howdy! Welcome to our thread and please come and post often you'll make plenty of friends here in this thread and we'll help you along as you figure out what's right just for you!

KJEFFRIES - from what I've learned, listen to your doctor for medical advice - NOT YOUR TRAINER!!!! Do NOT USE HGH for weight loss - THiS IS BAD!!! Sorry to tell you this. But, discuss this matter with your doctor. PLEASE!!!!!
    Ok, then, get on a regular sleep basis. Go to bed at same time every nite, get up same time every morning even it tired. OK? Try that for 2 weeks before using ANY sleep aid. Get it from your doctor not your trainer.
    Good idea to get back to teaching water areobics. - good for you to be a regular at it - even if income is small. I'm proud of the progress you are making.
    Re: FOOD - try to eat a protein and carb breakfast every day to start off well. Is your doc concerned about your sugars? Carbs in any form are sugars, not just sweets. So if you eat a bagel for breakfast - thats bsicaally a sugar.

MissyBlueEyes - welcome - enjoyed reading about you! You've got plenty of motivation - glad you've joined us please come back often!

Sorry, typing hands wearing out. Gotta quit now.
    Robin
    Hugs to everyone else.

note to myself (finished page 16)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A busy day down but accomplished quite a bit today.
    Starting this morning with grading the last class of papers that I wanted to get done before tomorrow. Wrote sub plans for next week, meet a friend for lunch, nails done, trainer workout, mall to return stuff, dinner at home for a change, organized clothes for trip, laundry, packed and now catching up on here. Thank God, I had the day off to accomplish all this stuff and get my head together for the trip.

Goals for tomorrow-
    Copy materials for sub plans and when I return on Wednesday.
    Finalize sub plans
    go to the store to pick up final travel items
    take a walk but will most likely be a rest day.
    Go to bed early then get to the airport by 5;30 am.

Welcome to all the new people, I will get to know you when I return. Just remember that weight loss will not happen over night but it will happen. Find a way to get active even 10 minutes blocks will help.

Have a great Friday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

@robin--We will be channeling all of you on race day! That would be really cool if you could find a broadcast of the race. If not on TV perhaps streamed on the internet.

@lori--look at you and your sassy self! :wink: Congrats on your progress.

@kaye--enjoy the trip to visit with your grandaughter. Vancouver is on my bucket list.

@holly--have fun in NOLA. Mmm, Cafe du Monde... <drool>

@kelley--yes, going on a trip takes so much work, but I know this experience will be well worth it.

@L2T--your dog sounds adorable! :happy:

@alison--glad you enjoyed the concert. I'm pretty sure they all "know" they shouldn't plagiarize, but they are still foolish enough to do it.

@hansea--my goal in catching and penalizing the cheaters is to prevent them from growing up to be the adults like the ones you described.

@katrena--the "better way" would be to give us smaller class sizes--less students = less overall grading and more time to give students the individual attention they deserve. Unfortunately, it always boils down to money, and as much as parents always want a top notch education for their children, many kick and scream at the thought of paying more in taxes to support the school system. To be fair, there are a lot of districts that don't manage their funds well, but ours is actually pretty good. Our "dollars per pupil" are much lower than other schools in our area, but our test scores, graduation rate, etc. are competitive with those pricier districts. Our parents get a lot of bang for their buck which is why our HS often ranks among the best in the nation.

@nettie--I'm sorry to hear about your condition causing you pain, but glad the baby is okay and hope the pain stays away so we can meet you in NYC. Regarding your MIL, good for you for standing up to her! :drinker: Anyone whose been part of this thread since last Fall, probably remembers that my MIL kind of went off the rails. DH hasn't talked to her since then, and lo and behold, she called today. She left a message on our answering machine telling him she's his only mom, but he can "get another wife." Yes, she blames me for her own behavior driving her son away. The irony is that I have encouraged him to mend fences--I don't nag him about it, but occassionally bring it up, and remind him that she's older and he may regret it when it's too late. I've suspected for awhile that she believes the opposite--that I'm the one keeping him from her. Mind you, she has NO REASON to think this. Prior to her insanity, she and I always got along and I always pushed for family get togethers, etc. Sadly though, our lives have been so much easier without her in it.

@soosun--awesome about the drop in BF%! IMHO that's a better measure of success than the scale dropping.

Welcome to all of the newlings!! :flowerforyou:

Thursday Truth:
    I haven't worked out since Sunday, but I don't even care. I have 2 essays to finish tonight, and then my focus will shift to making sure all of my sub plans and copies are ready for Mon and Tues. If I get a few more journals done, great. If not, they will still be there when I return.

Grading Goals:
    1. 65/67 AP essays
    2. 25/67 AP journals

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--travel to NY
    Sun--T2T 5k!!!

September Challenge:
    Meet my TDEE -10% to -15% = 1680-1780 calories. I will keep my running tally over or short up until my trip to meet laurie and susan. Last month I came in a few hundred over. This month I'm determined to be under when I get on the plane to head to NYC on Sept. 27th!!

Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = +13 :bigsmile:
    100g of protein = 13/30 days
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Deluded myself in think going to a Salad Bar (sweet tomatoes.Soup Plantation) was going to work for me. Portion control seems to be a problem for me. Lunch was hummus, celery, tomatoes, & carrots, but the hummus (10 tbsp.) was too many calories. Would have done better to have less hummus and a fruite

Went over calorie again. Need to get with program. Water aerobics tomorrow

SKINNYJEANS - So sorry about MIL. Tough to live with, I know. She has her nerve.

Robin - It is my Dr that is encouraging HGH. What do you know about it? Got good nights sleep last night and going for repeat tonight

Cblue - Congrats on the weight loss

GrandmaKay - Hang in there. You are doing the right things

Kah - Thanks for advice. I have brought these points up to the Dr (he is an internist) and he still thinks I should use it. My goal is 1200 but mostly I exceed that. I think my metabolism has decreased from the HGH. Mostly though I need to stick to plan instead of being all over the place

CoastGuard - Add me to your friend list

Hansea - Thanks for the info on carbs
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Missed checking in yesterday as I've been chauffeuring hubby to appointments plus we had a small family birthday dinner for him last night. Dined at a nice steakhouse (overcooked my steak and undercooked my veggies, [how does that happen?]) and managed to keep it under 900 calories by nearly starving all day. I would have eaten leather, I was so hungry. :tongue:

September goals: 24/25 days under 1400 k, 22/25 days cardio, t-r-y-I-n-g to eat m-o-r-e veggies and fruits-mostly succeeding.

Kaye: What a blessing to have a granddaughter go on a mission! Where is she going?

Karen/skinny: Has your MIL always been so difficult? If not, perhaps her behavior has changed because of an age-related disorder. Makes me think of my sis, who has Alzheimer's and kind of lost her "filter." She can say some awful things that she never would have said before this blasted disease took hold of her brain.

Enjoyed get caught up with everyone, but need sleep.

Have a fabulous Friday, friends.

GW>Marsha
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Marsha, my granddaughter is going to serve in the Ogden, UT mission, Spanish speaking. She will get her language training at the MTC in Mexico City. We are excited for her. She is our oldest grandchild. Thanks for your interest. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @marsha--She's always been feisty and strong-willed, but she's gotten meaner and meaner over the years. When this really blew up last fall, my first thought was that maybe it was some form of dimentia--I know anger can be a manifestation. Plus, the lack of logic in her thinking, added to some previous episodes when she forgot (or at least misremembered) details of conversations led me to suggest this to my DH and his sister. Both agreed that it was a possibility, but MIL won't hear or even consider it.

She's always been very much in denial about growing older. She's in her 70's and when her kids suggested she look into moving into a 55 and over community a few years back, she pitched a fit b/c she thought they were suggesting a "home." They explained they were thinking more along the lines of a condo community (not and assisted living facility) b/c her complaints about all of her homes over the years have been related to kids running up and down hallways, or 20-somethings hanging out in the parking lots on the weekend. Living with more people her own age would cut down on some of those types of disturbances. However, she said she didn't want to live with a bunch of "old geezers."

On the flip side, since this all happened, DH and SIL have revealed a lot that I was unaware of regarding her behavior. Turns out DH was shielding me from a lot of her craziness over the years. He always talked about how manipulative she was when they were kids, but she hid that from me, so I never realized how bad she was. Occassionally when he would tell me something negative, I would defend her and tell him he must be misinterpreting her intent b/c I just couldn't imagine anyone being that controlling and conniving. However, I've now heard more from his sister as well, so I realize maybe this is just who she really is.

She left that message about him being able to find a new wife on our HOME PHONE answering machine, so she knew there was a good chance I would hear it. She's also attacked my family to the DH, while playing the "sweet, wounded mother" role and trying to contact my mother to "go to lunch and talk." Fortunately, I had already told my mom what was going on and to NOT talk to her under any circumstances. Even after all of that, my parents try to encourage DH to reconnect with her b/c they also don't realize how toxic she is.

It's a terrible situation. I feel bad for my husband. I also feel sorry for her, but she has done this to herself. My SIL still communicates with her, but their relationship has been strained for years b/c MIL drove away SIL's youngest son--to the point that DH and I haven't seen our nephew in years b/c he won't come to any gathering that includes his grandmother. SIL still sees him, but the MIL's antics really made things difficult for them for awhile.
  • chainess2014
    chainess2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is CHIE. I am new here. I need to lose 150+lbs...boohoo. Its so hard believe me. I recently joined MFP eventhough this site has long been running since android phones went out. I decided to start my weightloss journey coz I will be turning 40 in a weeks time and still I am like this.

I mean imagine, I have been like this big for almost 39 years of my life. Well, I've had tried diets and meds before but i keep getting the weight back --- double time..hahaha

I do hope I can gain friends here and motivational buddies as well.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - Your MIL sounds like a nightmare. How sweet that your DH has shielded you from her crazy. My DH did that for me with his mother as well. She was an alcoholic and was incredibly toxic and ugly to everyone.
    And yes, my dog is adorable. He's just a great dog. Loves all people and dogs and never has met a stranger. On my morning walking route (which is 3 miles and through a neighborhood I don't live in), he and I have met a bunch of people and dogs that now greet us every morning. There's even an elderly Bichon who doesn't want to come down the steps in front of his house due to arthritis. Anytime he's there in the morning, Franklin goes up the steps and greets him and then they come down the steps together. So adorable!

Hope everyone who's going to NYC for the T2T has a great weekend. I think you're going to have great weather!

September Challenge - Days at or under daily calorie goal 19/30

Good Days: 19
    Bad Days: 6
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Gosh, I don't think it matters if you are losing 100 lbs or 1lb it aint easy. I think I have been deluding myself into thinking that it is easy. Just the plod plod plod of the same set pattern can rattle a person. Someone defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This is me to a T. Good a few days then not for one, then good for a few days and then not. Seeing a pattern Here? I know it is not plod but rejoice that today was a day of health and tomorrow will be too.
    I wish I could see around this weight corner, but if I do not keep working on the good things there won't be a corner. Thank you for letting me vent!
    Lastly, GrandmaK, great news about your granddaughter. What a milestone for your family.
    Two of our daughters were called over ten years ago. Stephanie was called to Malaga, Spain for 18 months during the 9/11 period.
    Her younger sister, Meredith was called to the same mission four years later. Meredith was in the MTC for two weeks and then elected to be released because she had fallen in love during the six months she was working to pay for her mission. She was married 4 months later! Happy for you and your family.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: To those going to the T2T race in NYC -
    I found this on line - you probably already read this in your packet but I'll just share anyway.....what the heck:

THE AFTER PARTY:

Water and fruit will be waiting for you at the finish line but keep following the crowd and land in the best after party ever. Your first stop should be the Dunkin’ Donuts booth. Coffee never tasted so good. Then, nab your race tee shirt (included in the registration fee) before they run out of your size. Tons of restaurants set up booths and hand out unlimited amounts of free food. Linger over a great selection of post-run favorites like wings, burgers and pasta from local restaurants like Fino Ristorante, North End Grill, Battery Gardens and Harry’s Italian Pizza Bar. while listening to Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Free post-run massages are also available to soothe sore calves and feet. Keg beer can be bought up and down the street and activities for kids make the Tunnel to Towers after party an integral part of the day’s experience. As soon as it’s over, you’ll be counting the days until next year’s race.

ENJOY! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: oh goodness it's a mess. I need to get a grip really. And Friday frustration: our city council is blocking off a load of roads to try to make the area more cyclist-and-pedestrian friendly. Which is lovely, except that they didn't bother to tell us that they were blocking off the road right outside our house. So half the car journeys we make are now impossible and require a massive detour. It's just a trial, so we'll see what feedback they get. They had a chap outside telling people it was a two-week block today -- but he didn't tell them it was a trial and would be made permanent shortly. Lots of people are very angry!

September logging and counting -- 19/26. Yesterday was perfectly fine but for some reason the Misfit didn't register.

@Karen -- that is quite a story about your mother-in-law! Sometimes you just have to move on from these things.
    @Kaye -- You must be so proud of your granddaughter! I hope her mission is a wonderful experience for her.
    @Katrena -- Hoummous is full of calories! But the eat-the-right-foods people will say that they're good calories. I tend to be in the eat-what-you-like-if-it-fits-your-numbers camp, and I don't think there's a lot of point eating a pile of hoummous if you could have had a brownie for the same numbers. Like other people, I think 1200 is very low given the amount of exercise you're doing -- that might be why you're having trouble with portion control. It's much better to have a higher target that's manageable than having a lower target that you can't stick to.

And to newlings -- welcome! This is such a great thread! When we have a lot to lose we just need to take it very slowly and gently, and this thread is full of fine companions for the journey.

And now it's the weekend! Hurrah!

-- Alison
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I have fallen off the posting wagon!! I have been super busy with work and church stuff. I did quickly glance through the threads but have no time to do personals. I will make it up to ya'll! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Saturday success is that my eating has been great (not counting Wednesday dinner party :blushing: ) and workouts have been progressing now that my feet and back are on the mend.

Welcome to all the new posters! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @all who commented on my MIL--thank you for your commiseration, kind thoughts, and words of support. She is a nightmare and I'm officially done defending her or encouraging any kind of contact with her.

@alison & katrena--I eat hummus almost everyday and find it to be very low in calories for how filling it is--my sabra brand is only 70 calories/serving. Had it today with some triscuits for lunch. If I want to make it even lower in calories and carbs, I'll eat it with raw veggies instead of crackers.

@katrena--I can't see your diary to give any specific advice, but I agree with others that if you are only eating 1200 total calores/day and not eating back any exercise calories, that is probably not allowing your body to let go of any weight. Of course, maybe I'm mistaken and you ARE eating back your execise calories and netting 1200/day. That still might be too low, but certainly not as detrimental to metabolism netting below 1200 on a consistent basis. Also, is your doctor recommending HGH or HGC? I'm confused. I thought HCG was the diet product and HGH is what athletes abuse. I honestly don't know much about either though, so please feel free to educate me.

@robin--thanks for the T2T after-party info. I'm really looking forward to it--IMHO the post-race beer is the best part of any 5k. :laugh: :drinker:

@L2T--loved the sotry about your dog and his friend! :heart: And love his name!

Friday Fitness:
    Not much this week, but I'll make up for it in NY this weekend. Did a bit of packing, but I'm conflicted about what to bring. I'll figure it out (after packing twice as much as I need). :laugh:

Grading Goals:
    1. 67/67 AP essays DONE
    2. 40/67 AP journals

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--travel to NY
    Sun--T2T 5k!!!

September Challenge:
    Meet my TDEE -10% to -15% = 1680-1780 calories. I will keep my running tally over or short up until my trip to meet laurie and susan. Last month I came in a few hundred over. This month I'm determined to be under when I get on the plane to head to NYC on Sept. 27th!!

Cumulative calorie surplus (shortage) = +13
    100g of protein = 13/30 days
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am excited for this trip but today was crazy trying to get sub plans done and out of the building so I could the last minute errands. Of course the traffic going home tonight was dreadful and the other way around was just as bad.

Looking forward to tomorrow and meeting up with Karen and Susan. I am just trying to decide what papers I want to take with me to grade while at the airport.

Robin- I love the description of the after party. I may need to take advantage of the party atmosphere.

Tom- I believe you are at a wedding this weekend, hope you have fun.

I have an early flight tomorrow morning and that means I will be up at 4 am to get to the airport at 5:30am. Flight leaves at 7.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and you can get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    We had a safe trip. Calorie wise I'm sure that was a terrible horrible awful no good very bad day. I'm not even attempting to log. I got pulled in by the smell of fresh Cinnabon cinnamon rolls at the truck stop. I haven't eaten a cinnamon roll for 2 years. DH and I shared one and it was a huge disappointment. They put lots of sweet gooey stuff on them, but it just camouflages a substandard roll, not light and fluffy at all. Mine are much better. :wink:
    This evening the rest of the family was busy so DH and I took Michelle to dinner. It was so fun to visit with her. We won't get to do that again for awhile.
    My new profile picture was taken after the 5k. Nicole is in front showing off because she ran the half marathon. The rest are my family members who walked with me and me, of course.
    Have a wonderful time in NYC. We'll be anxious for a report.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just a super-quick check in for Saturday because I've got all sorts of things to do today. I'm 20/27 on September logging and thread checking.

Saturday Success: nope, it's a Saturday Green Smoothie Fail. I thought it would be nice to have a green smoothie for breakfast. So I lined up the savoy cabbage, and the carrot, and the mango, and the grapes, and the greek yoghurt. And I thought, but hang on; I love all these things. Why should I blend them together? So I have made a big bowl of coleslaw to have with my lunch, and I'm currently scoffing the mango and the grapes. Yum yum.

Hope you're eating something delicious this morning!

-- Alison
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Allison- My husband is currently preparing some scrambled eggs with mushrooms, tomatoes and red peppers for my breakfast this morning. Should be delicious! Not a mango or grape in sight to ruin it for me. ;)

Kaye- I love your new profile pic! Everyone looks like they've had a great time at the race. Fun family!

T2T participants- Have a great race!

Robin- Why did you have to post that after party description? Now I wanna go!! ;)

AFM- I weighed the same for the last three days, so I'm recording it today...a 2 lb loss!! Woo hoo! It's been a loooong summer of stagnation, and this is a new all-time low for me on MFP, so I'm excited. :)
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Hansea, Way to go! I can hardly wait to get a break through myself, but this weekend won't be it!
    Have a good one. Kaye
  • OutOfShape28
    Options
    hello:smile: