I want an *kitten*!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• shawdabest
    Options
    LUNGE, And do More LUNGES and more Lunges, if you want an *kitten* fast, lunge three days a week and squat one and deadliift another... you'll see an *kitten* in 3 months
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    This always comes up. You can firm it, make it appear higher but the main configuration of the *kitten* won't get bigger, rounder or more shelf-like.

Like my small t*ts. I can strengthen the muscles under my chest, make it seem higher but I can't make them bigger without implants.

It's mostly genetics. But do the exercises, you may as well strenthen what you have. I think you have to do a lot!!!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Well, since this thread has been re-hashed, I will update!

I continued to do donkey kicks, but found even with ankle weights it to become too easy. I found a machine at my gym "Glute Isolator", essentially allows me to do donkey kicks with MUCH more weight added. When I started, I could hardly do 10lbs. I am now up to 50-60lbs and my *kitten* is looking a lot more attractive! :D

I also have started doing squats (just with a kettle bell/dumb bell) and from the newer posts, I will try to do more lunges (which I would prefer over squats).
  • lilcharlze
    lilcharlze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great dedication and progress!!
  • lovemycar2012
    lovemycar2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Squats--lots of them!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    Options
    Yes and no. Genetics will determine where the fat goes when bulking; however, heavy compound lifts like squats and deadlifts will help shape a bigger booty. Bulking is necessary to gain muscle mass.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Exercise can have some effect on shape, but quite a lot depends on genetics. Thanks, Mom, for my really nice backside!
  • thunderseed
    thunderseed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes, overloading your butt muscles will definitely work to make it bigger. It did for me :) But one thing I quickly realized is if you do a lot of butt exercises that also target the legs, both your butt and legs will get bigger at the same time so there won't be any noticable difference between the two.

If you have a really flat butt, then you want to target just the gluteus maximus, and try to stop exercising your legs as often, because the problem may be that your thighs get overly big and take away from the apperance of your butt. That's what happened to me. And I Iiked having big thighs but I still wanted my butt to be a lot bigger in comparison. So I used to do lots of lunges and squats and that really pumped up my legs and butt, but afterwards I still wanted my butt to protrude out more, if you know what I mean.

Then I started doing the exercise where you lay on your back, with a heavy weight on your hips or pubic bone area. You do a hip thrust for about 30 seconds and clench your butt cheeks, then release. That will target only the gluteus maximus. I even notice my butt sticks out more after doing that once.

So, another thing if you have a flat butt is along with muscle, you also want to gain some more fat.

You might also notice those hip dents and butt dents, those are natural because they are just where the bone crease is, but you'll see them more if you don't have enough fat there. You'll see them if you have just muscle there (just take a look at muscular man butts) female and male butts are exactly the same it's just females tend to have more body fat. So if you really want a big, round butt, you have to gain fat, not just muscle.

I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Im not a professional but um i got booty- go to the elliptical if you don't mind them and increase that puppies resistance to 17+ do that for 2 weeks and let us know..But i am not joking I got a full half circle of a good bottom i can't stop staring when i see my reflection in the mirror LOL Im sorry you gotta try it though. When I'm on the elliptical I go so slow but the sweat is literally falling off me…its embarrassing because I'm breathing so much and my sweat gets blown straight of my head and if theres people in the room-its embarrassing but its so worth it…i had fun sporting my bikinis this summer- i don't starve myself-i built muscle in my gluteus and i look/feel darn good about it too..I am taking notes on the dead lifts..i love my squats so i have to give the credit…doing squats with weights helps but for me its the elliptical and i focus very hard on what muscles are being used…i of course focus on the gluteus and get in bike ride position sometimes to make that focus happen and push myself..when i can't go anymore i wait till the song is over and break…and keep pushing till i can't then wait till the song is over and break…its gotta work for you if you try it…but any mode on the elliptical so as long you get your gluteus to be doing the work and you r resistance is high-so high your moving through mud mān
  • VernerDixon
    VernerDixon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Squats and Cable Kickbacks.
    But here's a little trick.....

Partial reps.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I do boxing and kickboxing and running. I'll be 37 in 2 weeks and my husband says I have a nicer rear and bod then most 20 something's lol. Then again he's got to live with me ha ha. But honestly I just started the boxing and kickboxing 14 months ago and I've not lifted a weight since (ok rarely) and I have more muscles than ever. It's the major MAJOR squats, burpees, jump squats, kicking and everything involved. The legs get tore up so the rear end benefits ;-). Push yourself, it will hurt, but it's worth it! Blessings!
    Kickboxing is fun- tried it before. But elliptical/squats/dead lifts and like the one guy said short reps!
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As a sufferer of the dread Male Pattern *kitten* Loss (MPAL), I can relate. Walking doesn't help.
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For Some peeps. Having any *kitten* is REAR.:happy: Just Saying.! rather RARE
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Some people think they have a flat but when really they don't. The answer to your question may be as simple as posting a pic.
  • Penelope416
    Penelope416 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't ONLY do squats. You need to work out all muscles in your glutes. Don't take it overboard either. Our society is unfortunately focused so much on vanity. Don't get caught up in the idea that you have to have a butt like Nicki Minaj or have hips like Shakira or thighs like Beyonce. Just appreciate what you got and work with that.

These are some videos to help you get started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1HnakX5C8

You should be able to do these same moves without weights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWVQ1rtsyQ&list=UUUeoZvQxXTJA4yrfoTsVAag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqeJdfboN4
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Some people think they have a flat but when really they don't. The answer to your question may be as simple as posting a pic.

That goes both ways LOL :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Squat....then squat some more