2011 - NEW ME CLUB

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    can you believe that this month is flying by so fast!! i LOVE cinnamon rolls, great job on not eating them :) i am hoping for some great numbers on saturday too!! and also our measurements on the first!!

Well Day 25 and I'm starting to get used to eating healthier:) My mom made homemade cinnamon rolls and I wasn't even that sad to turn them down! Hopefully the scale will be kind on Saturday. Hope everyone is having doing well this week!
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    Well Day 25 and I'm starting to get used to eating healthier:) My mom made homemade cinnamon rolls and I wasn't even that sad to turn them down! Hopefully the scale will be kind on Saturday. Hope everyone is having doing well this week!
    That is great! One step at a time. You are doing a fantastic job.
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    can you believe that this month is flying by so fast!! i LOVE cinnamon rolls, great job on not eating them :) i am hoping for some great numbers on saturday too!! and also our measurements on the first!!

TJ, you will do just fine. I just know it.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    I'd love to join this group ! . I'm just five days old on MFP , how do i go about it?
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    09.gif Created by Charm Royal.com

CHART FOR WEEKENDING JANUARY 22, 2011:

NAME...............................CW................................NEW WT.........-/+.......BUST/CHEST............WAIST...........HIPS

ANTHONYBC....(NEW)..........
    ANWAMYA.........................154............................................................................36...........................33..................38
    ASHTEN2006...................
    BJHOLLOMAN.................
    BLACKSWAN…………...138.8.………...................….......................................36.……….………29….….…....37
    BLUEYMO…………….....218………..................................................................44……..................39..……...….48.5
    BUTTERFLY0516.…......237.5.……...................................………........……...46.…………..…...39.……….....52
    CALLFORME....................230..............................................................................46.........................46.5...............47
    CATJON0150.………......248.………...............................…………….......…...46.5.………...…. 41.……….....57
    CDNMOMM3....................207...............................................................................47.........................44.5...............46
    CLEO77............................220...............................................................................43........................39.5...............47.5
    EGGYAL............................
    ELLENSHELDON...........175...............................................................................44..........................34..................39
    FAITHISFABULOUS.........
    HICKMAN52003...............291.4...........................................................................49..........................59..................49
    HWPAMLSWT.................
    IKOVLER..........................155................................................................................36..........................32.5...............40.5
    JACJ46.……………….....264.8 ...............................................................................................
    KAP39................................216...............................................................................42...........................40..................42
    KARGREEN……………..116 ..............................................................................34...........................28..................34
    KATNEVSMOM………....180.6.............................................................................42.…………...…...44.……...…..46
    KIMMI8...............................222.4............................................................................47.5........................42..................50.5
    JULSIE5
    LADYPERSIA....................137...............................................................................35.5.........................40.5...............34
    LPREWETT86.................
    LINDAC67241.………......189.4………..............................................................44.…………....…...42.…….....…46
    MAMAJESS………….. ....234
    MARIEANNEN………......170.8............................................................................................................32.5...............41.5
    MARIABABE81.................137.5...........................................................................30.............................30..................41
    MELINDADORMAN….....221..............................................................................49.............................49..................52
    MKS9558...........................
    MSRN8143.……………..181
    MSROBERTS...................
    MY8KIDSMOM..................169.6..........................................................................37.5...........................32..................38
    OKGIRLIE.........................178
    ORTING............................
    PCMOORE........................231.............................................................................47.5..........................46..................51.5
    PENNYLITE......................175.............................................................................40..............................36..................42
    PRENCESSKL...................
    REDBELLA...................... 326.5.........................................................................00..............................51...................00
    RHOADSIE………...........217.............................................................................43.............................39....................46
    RockCreak........................217............................................................................43.............................40....................46
    ROZAROTTI…………….127.............................................................................38.5..........................33....................37
    SPANKY_SPIT.................190.............................................................................44..............................45....................45
    THEMOMMIE....................206.5..........................................................................47.5..........................41.75..............47.5
    THITCH............................
    TJRADD73.…………......153.2..........................................................................39.……................…30.…..........….43
    VALBAR61 ...................... 237.............................................................................51.............................49....................52
    VALZ_XO..........................238.............................................................................45.............................45.....................52
    YVONNEME2...................187........................................................................... .44.............................42....................44
    XLMKX.............................207.6

Good luck for Saturday.

PLEASE DO NOT DUPLICATE!!!!

new_43.gif Created by
    Free-Animations.Co.Uk

Want to take this opportunity to welcome another new member, ARWAMYA to the group.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

My goal has always been to help people help themselves. Your body is your most priceless possession; you've got to take care of it! -- Jack Lalanne
  • jocyneal
    Options
    i would like to join!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome arwamya and jocyneal. The support here is great!
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    i would like to join!

Just message Linda with your stats and she will add you to the chart. We send our weights to her every Saturday and new measurements the first of every month :)
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Hi there,
    I would like to join.
    CW=140lbs
  • kyndra27
    Options
    I would love to join the group! I also am so tired of the weight loss battle up and down with weight my whole life I am ready to change for good. Please count me in I need all the support I can get.
  • kargreen
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on how to lose some water weight (and quick). I have the bloated belly this week and have to get into a cocktail type of dress on Sunday. I've been working out like crazy and drinking a ton of water.....
  • tjradd73
    Options
    WELCOME to arwamya and jocyneal and serious and kyndra!!!!

kargreen-well the water is a great idea...of course watch your sodium intake for the next few days, but someone once told me that coffee is a natural diuretic...so i try to drink 3-5 cups of coffee, with no cream or sugar, the day before my weigh-in every week!! it definately makes me pee much, much more and i haven't had any regrets about doing it yet!! (i have done it every week for the past 6 weeks!!) so just a suggestion :) good luck!
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on how to lose some water weight (and quick). I have the bloated belly this week and have to get into a cocktail type of dress on Sunday. I've been working out like crazy and drinking a ton of water.....

Green tea is a natural diuretic food that has been in use for centuries in China.

Consumption of cranberry juice can aid in removal of excess fluid retention.

Apple cider vinegar exhibits natural diuretic properties and in addition maintains the potassium levels. It can be added to the salad dressing.

Dandelion is often used as a natural diuretic.

Nettle has natural diuretic properties that facilitate good cleansing.

Dandelion leaf tea aids in detoxification and has a beneficial effect on those suffering from cystitis and urinary tract infections.

Fennel has carminative and diuretic properties and is frequently used in seasoning food.
  • cdnmomma3
    cdnmomma3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies this group is great and very supportive!!!

Well I have been tracking faithfully this past week and getting the hang of it I think!! lol I have been getting in my 8 cups of water minimum which is huge for me so Im excited about that!
    I actually havent missed my morning coffee run on the way into work and most people are shocked as I drank 2 extra large coffees everyday. I dont miss them because I know I have a bigger reason to not want it...my health and losing weight. I was also at Costco today and didnt even take any samples, crave the goodies in the cake section and felt god about it. I havent even felt the need to cheat........at my parents I usually would drink tea etc while there...and I was good I asked for water...my parents are proud that Im sticking to it so far and I even started growing my nails in December which was huge as I have been a nail biter my hole life!! Im just at a stage where Im ready for big changes and Im excited for what 2011 will bring :) Hopefully some weightloss lol
    Good luck girls and guys I know Saturday we will all rock (at least I hope I do lol) :)
  • Lindac67241
    Options

Well I have been tracking faithfully this past week and getting the hang of it I think!! lol I have been getting in my 8 cups of water minimum which is huge for me so Im excited about that!
    I actually havent missed my morning coffee run on the way into work and most people are shocked as I drank 2 extra large coffees everyday. I dont miss them because I know I have a bigger reason to not want it...my health and losing weight. I was also at Costco today and didnt even take any samples, crave the goodies in the cake section and felt god about it. I havent even felt the need to cheat........at my parents I usually would drink tea etc while there...and I was good I asked for water...my parents are proud that Im sticking to it so far and I even started growing my nails in December which was huge as I have been a nail biter my hole life!! Im just at a stage where Im ready for big changes and Im excited for what 2011 will bring :) Hopefully some weightloss lol
    Good luck girls and guys I know Saturday we will all rock (at least I hope I do lol) :)
    Wow!!!! Good for you. This is what it is all about. Yes you can, yes you will. You are definitely on your way to a new you.
    Great job.

Welcome to all the newbies to the group. Relax and enjoy!!!
  • msnickyv
    msnickyv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do I have to do something special to join the group??
  • Lindac67241
    Options
    I found this beautiful poem on the web and wanted you to get motivated by it. I believe it is called

new_25.gif Created by
    Free-Animations.Co.Uk

"Don't Quit"

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a fellow turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.
    Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;
    Often the struggler has given up
    Whe he might have captured the victor's cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.
    Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It might be near when it seems afar;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
  • kathy8
    kathy8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would like to join
  • tjradd73
    Options
    sounds like you are very focused right now! that is awesome...i know we all will have great results in 2011...this is the year ladies and gents...lets stay focused :)

• tjradd73
    Options
    msnickyv and kathy-welcome to the group! i am sure that Linda has already msgd you but just send your weight and measurements to her tomorrow and she will post it for you :) we weigh-in every Saturday!