Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My alarm clock is now across the room from me and last night I slept in my workout clothes.....it worked this morning to get me out of bed and on to exercising!! Now I am going to work on deciding if I am REALLY hungry or not before I enter anything into my mouth!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'll try to post quick b/c I have a work assignment that needs to get done by close of business and I have volunteer tonight.

Today was my first time completing the Turbo Fire - Fire 55 EZ dvd and it worked my booty good. The music is great but as always the choreography takes some getting use to but in my good ole chocolickkyss form I improvised when I felt like it was taking me too long to get the moves. Found myself cursing at the dvd a little today too because I really wasn't in the mood for such a long workout in the beginning but by the finale I was all smiles. In order to have a full hour of cardio I repeated the Fire 55 EZ warm up and when it was all said and done I burned 645 calories.

Claudia: The commercial challenge is an excellent way to get in some cardio w/o killing yourself. All you do is take an hour long show (or longer if you desire) and do some type of cardio during the commercials. I jump rope or use my hula hoop but I know others do squats, jumping jacks, push ups, crunches etc. Have fun.

Daybyday: I think it's great you're going to start paying closer attention to your body.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    My alarm clock is now across the room from me and last night I slept in my workout clothes.....it worked this morning to get me out of bed and on to exercising!! Now I am going to work on deciding if I am REALLY hungry or not before I enter anything into my mouth!

You rock! I love this post.

Jeannie
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My company recently had a change of ownership, and along with that came 2 other companies. All 3 now share our building space. Last week I talked the 2 ladies that work for the other company to do a lunch time walk. They agreed but they are VERY unreliable. We only went 3 times last week because they didn't bring their shoes, or they had a headache or blah blah blah. Yesterday, one of the girls was out sick, so I asked the other if she still wanted to go. Of course she said no, she forgot her shoes GRR. Today the other girl is out sick again and again the other said no, she's not feeling up to it. I don't depend on these walks as my only form of exercise, but I really enjoyed getting out and moving. The area I work in is not suitable to walk alone or I would. I'm just very frustrated with them and this situation. GRR!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Claudia, I gave up trying to workout or anything with a partner because there was no one I could count on.....now I workout with my TV or DVR or DVD or MP3 player......even if the electricity goes off, my MP3 player plays on batteries :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Hey everybody. Ive been MIA forf awhile. I had to get a new laptop but anyway...I havent been logging but ive been trying to watch what i eat and i am the lowest weight ive been in a long time. Im going to get the official # but its between 136-135. I hadnt been on the scale in a long time and was shocked when I saw I finally broke the 130's:love::love: I've been trying to lose it for over a year now so it was defaintly time! How is everyone else doing??
  • Claudia007
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Claudia, I gave up trying to workout or anything with a partner because there was no one I could count on.....now I workout with my TV or DVR or DVD or MP3 player......even if the electricity goes off, my MP3 player plays on batteries :smile: :smile: :smile:

You are SO right! my regular workout partners are also my TV, Wii, and treadmill! I just thought since they liked the idea of getting out and doing SOMETHING besides sitting all day, they would continue. Stupid me! Oh well :(

On another note, it's getting harder for me to keep my heart rate up. I know that's good, but it's also hard for me to burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time like I used to. I think it's time to change up the workout routine!
  • Claudia007
    Options
    sorry, double post. MFP is being weird for me today.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy hump day! Today was not a great workout day for me. I awoke still feeling sore and a bit sluggish but knew I had to get the workout in early b/c a long day was ahead. Today I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I don't know why but I don't really enjoy doing shoulder work and this circuit is primarily shoulders which made today's workout that much harder.

Claudia: Sorry your work area is not the safest b/c I sure would suggest getting out there and walking solo. My co-workers and I walk during our breaks in the spring and the summer and for the most part they're pretty consistent but when they don't feel like going I put on my sneakers and get to stepping. To make my life easier I have a pair of sneakers that I leave right at my work area so I didn't have to worry about bringing them daily. However, you can't depend on anyone but yourself. Good luck.

Jzbaby: Long time no see or hear. Glad to read things are going well w/you and you've gotten into the 130's.....Congrats.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Choco! :flowerforyou: I know, it has been a long time..It's been kinda crazy lately. We moved last month and then needed to get a new laptop. But im glad to have access to my F&FS friends again :smile:

Well my official weigh-in was great today. 134.6!! WooHoo!! I could jump for joy LoL. I was starting to think i would never see the 140's again! Now im looking towards the 120's! :happy: Now if I can just keep this up and not sabbotage myself yet again. I have not been so strict on what it is exactly I eat, but more about how much I am eating daily. I know this is not the best or most healthy way of losing weight....but after a year plus of trying with not much success...Im sticking with whats working for me right now...
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    In the last few months I have forgotten to pay attention to eating when I'm HUNGRY....not quite sure why that happened. Tonight I WANT to eat eat more, but I'm not hungry. I need to start paying attention to my body signals again!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hey everybody. Ive been MIA forf awhile. I had to get a new laptop but anyway...I havent been logging but ive been trying to watch what i eat and i am the lowest weight ive been in a long time. Im going to get the official # but its between 136-135. I hadnt been on the scale in a long time and was shocked when I saw I finally broke the 130's:love::love: I've been trying to lose it for over a year now so it was defaintly time! How is everyone else doing??

JZbaby - Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!

Glad to hear from you,

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Aw, Thanks Jam!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: jzbaby, WTG with your weight loss:drinker: ..slow and steady wins the race:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    LoL Thanks Barbie!! Who's the baby in your profile pic? such a cutie pie!
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Thanks Choco! :flowerforyou: I know, it has been a long time..It's been kinda crazy lately. We moved last month and then needed to get a new laptop. But im glad to have access to my F&FS friends again :smile:

Well my official weigh-in was great today. 134.6!! WooHoo!! I could jump for joy LoL. I was starting to think i would never see the 140's again! Now im looking towards the 120's! :happy: Now if I can just keep this up and not sabbotage myself yet again. I have not been so strict on what it is exactly I eat, but more about how much I am eating daily. I know this is not the best or most healthy way of losing weight....but after a year plus of trying with not much success...Im sticking with whats working for me right now...

Hi jzbaby, nice to meet you! I'm Claudia, the new 'kid' around here :) congrats on the wieght loss!

For the entire month of January I have be 'hovering' with my 19lbs lost. .04 lost here, .03 there UGH! oh so frustrating. Until today when I finally lost an whole pound and am at 19.9lbs lost! I'm doing a happy dance because 20lbs lost is my fist goal! Whew! January has been quite a struggle for me even though I have been working out and eating right. I guess I have to switch up my routine and push myself harder. Have great day everyone! :bigsmile:
  • jzbaby626
    Options

Hi jzbaby, nice to meet you! I'm Claudia, the new 'kid' around here :) congrats on the wieght loss!

For the entire month of January I have be 'hovering' with my 19lbs lost. .04 lost here, .03 there UGH! oh so frustrating. Until today when I finally lost an whole pound and am at 19.9lbs lost! I'm doing a happy dance because 20lbs lost is my fist goal! Whew! January has been quite a struggle for me even though I have been working out and eating right. I guess I have to switch up my routine and push myself harder. Have great day everyone! :bigsmile:

Hi Claudia, Welcome to the group! & Thanks!! I was apart of this group since it was started, but havent been able to post for the last couple months...but im back :smile: As you have probably learned by now these ladies are super supportive & great to have along the way!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I hope everyone is well. I feel like it has been a long time since I have posted. I am now down to 111...whoo hoo!!! 11 pounds to go until my goal! I'm pretty excited about that! I'm back to running and walking again just building myself back up. I have switched over recently from crunches to actual situps...I think I will still be doing some cruches too just because I can't do 600 situps yet so I think I will make up the difference in crunches. I hope you guys have an awesome day!!:flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! TOM is lurking and I have absolutely no energy and am pretty achy. In addition to not feeling great, I've been very busy trying to preparing for my return to the office next week. We've already been assigned cases so I've been doing a lot of prep work so I can hit the ground running next week. Anyway, Today I completed the Fire 30 dvd from the Turbo Fire program. I am sooooo glad a shorter workout was scheduled for today.

Claudia and Babygurl: CONGRATS on the weight loss. Like Barbie stated, slow and steady wins the race. I know it can be frustrating some time but you all will make it to your goal weight.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Claudia & Babygurl - Gratz on doing so well.

I've been able to get back to exercising some this week. Hopefully, I will be back on track to start February off and start making some progress. What ever I weigh tomorrow I will adjust my ticker.

Dad continues to get better, but it will be a long time before he is back to where he was before the hospitalization. Mom has calmed down and has given in to the dietary changes.

It continues to amaze me how much sodium is in my daily food even though I make every low sodium choice I can.

Have a great Friday everyone.

JAM