200+ Recommitting for the New Year!

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Amber: I'm so glad you were able to get rid of your headache. When I have a headache, it seriously changes my whole personality. I hate everyone and everything irritates me. My family can immediately tell if I have a headache.

sarahthes: Welcome! We've got a great group of inspirational/motivating ladies here. I think your goal for this challenge is totally do-able! Good luck!

Kendal: I'm glad you're getting into the flow with the P90X. Also, keep in mind, that if he's moving to fast for you to get set up (or whatever), you can hit the pause button until you get your bands set up, get the right weight, figure out what the hell yoga pose he's doing, etc. My pause button was seriously my best friend the first week as I sorted it all out!

Sara: Way to pick yourself up! Everyone slips up, but you're back moving forward and you're doing great! Keep it up!

Lacey: I've been dealing with TOM too and I feel myself slipping into a monster sometimes. Things irritate me that shouldn't and the sane and rational part of my brain has hibernated or something. Luckily, it's just about over (just in time to weigh in - thank you!) and I'm feeling more like me. If you need hot chocolate to keep sane then, dammit, have some hot chocolate!

I had the WORST sleep last night! I was tired at 10pm, then stayed up later for no really good reason, at 11:30 I was so wired that I read my book until 1am. When I FINALLY got to sleep, I couldn't stay asleep because the freaking cat kept harassing me periodically though out the night. I wanted to strangle him but didn't have the presence of mind to actually be able to get out of bed and kick him out of the room. (Tonight he will SOOOO be out!) So now I'm dragging and I've got to run and do KenpoX and all I wanna do is sleep. *sigh*
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome Sara!!!:flowerforyou:

Just a quick pop in to let you know I'm alive. TOM has arrived and is making me super cranky. How can someone in their 40s be plagued with zits??? I have 3 - all TOM related. Boo Hiss... I put my run off until tomorrow so that I could sleep in today. I have 5 miles scheduled for tomorrow and 6 for Sunday. I guess my training is ramping up... I'm drowning in work. We are going out to eat tonight and attending a pizza birthday party tomorrow. I better get scooting out the door for my 9:30 client... Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday - I need the weekend!!!

Kendal - I'm proud of you for sticking with P90X!!!:drinker:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Mr. Scale is abusing me. He treats me nice for 2 days...gives me consecutive little .4 losses and then BAM! I'm up 1lb. :grumble: Since I worked from home, I didn't get all my normal water in so I'm hoping thats all it is. I'm getting tired of seeing my weight go up right before weigh in comes! GRRR!! Tonight is YogaX. I only did the first 30 minutes of it last time. I plan to go for at least 45 min this time. As long as I'm increasing what I'm trying, then I'm doing good, right?

Sarahthes- I think 5 pounds is a totally great goal to have for 2.5 weeks. Just don't lose focus and I'm sure you can do it!

Amy- sorry the cat kept you up. hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: The first 45 minutes of YogaX are the worst! It's all those moving postures/sun salutations. After you get through that, it's mostly balance and stretching. Try and stick it out, you CAN do it!

Victoria: Bummer about the zits! I still get them too from time to time and it irritates me that I have to worry about wrinkles at the same time I worry about zits. Lame.

I did my run and by the end my calves were really achy. I don't know if it has to do with the lack of sleep or what. Usually, running makes my aches and pains go away (while running...afterward is a different story). I was so achy that I switched my scheduled KenpoX workout (which just was NOT gonna happen today) with the X Stretch video I was supposed to do tomorrow. It helped with the achy calves and I think it was a good call. I'm just not on top of my game today. Have a good day ladies!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kendal - put the scale away girl! If you are doing P90X there is a good likelyhood that you will gain a ton of muscle, burn a lot of fat and go down in size but maybe not weight. It blows I know.
    Even with the exercise I am doing at the gym I am barely seeing drops in the scale last week or this week, BUT my back fat is GONE...as in no fat rolls touching what soever. My stomach and arms are smaller..everything is smaller. I hate the scale. But I will weigh myself Monday and see where I am. I am not hopeful. However I know that when I have to go to the tradeshow in March I will be able to buy some new clothes because the stuff I have now will be too big.

We should all just hit a store at the end of our six week challenges and see what sizes we wear, mark them down, and do it again in six weeks. I bet we'd all see some changes that way!

Amy - I get all freaky when anything below the top of my knees starts feeling iffy. Not sure why. I don't blame you for being cautious.

Victoria - I hate zits.

Amber - good job on sticking with it girl!
  • izzycoyote
    Options
    Hi, everyone--I was here last week, and unfortunately am only now getting back to you all. I'm in my "busy time" at work (Jan-July), and it's non-stop. I've gone from Social Media Nutcase to Hermit. I prefer being a nutcase :)
    SO...you weigh yourselves over the weekend? BRUTAL! That's the time of the week when it's hardest to keep things in check :( Ah, well. Just knowing you guys are here has really influenced me over the past week--it's the first week where I've kept under my calorie goal for multiple days...I was being really wishy-washy and uncommitted. But knowing you're not alone is so powerful!
    Anyway, to introduce myself:
    I'm going to be 42 next month, so I guess I better get used to that. I used to think I'd age gracefully, but the older I get, the more I want to kick and scream. Inside, I'm still 27.
    I have my 17th wedding anniversary this Saturday, but I don't know if my husband and I will make it to 18. We're friends, but our emotional and physical connection is almost nothing. That should make our nice, romantic dinner this Saturday rather painful. No human children, they're all furry. We currently have 3 cats and one dog. We've always considered ourselves dog people, but 3 years ago we got our 1st cat, and I've been amazed by them. They rock! Except for the litter box. And the peeing inappropriately just to make a point. :)
    I live just outside of Portland, Oregon. I like where I work, but I've been in the same position for 5 years, and it's time to move on to the next challenge. Without a degree, though, I feel completely STUCK.
    I was 40 lbs over my high school weight...it just kept creeping up on me. I lost it once, with weight watchers, 10 years ago--but I didn't make it a lifestyle change. This time I am. I took up running (am trying to take up running), and am counting those calories. I'm a vegetarian, and a HUGE animal lover and very concerned about the environment.
    That's probably enough for now, eh? :)
    Thanks again for being here--a community of strong individuals committed to health and positive change!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Lacey: I LOVE your idea! I'm gonna check my sizes in jeans and dress size at the end of this challenge and then I'll do it again at the end of the next challenge.

Kendal: Lacey is absolutely right - the scale will just mock you with P90X, it's best not to look (says the lady who looks EVERY single day!--I can't help it, I'm sick!!!). I like her clothing size idea (or at the very least, take your measurements).

Izzycoyote: Hi there again! I weigh myself on Friday so that I can have a little wiggle room over the weekend. I don't know how anyone weighs in on Sunday or Monday - all my "bad eating" happens on a weekend. Thanks for the introduction. There's a few runners here (Kristina and Victoria are the veteran runners and some of the rest of us try to keep up with them). What kind of running are you doing? I started with Couch 2 5K and built from there.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Izzy - waving to you from Eugene!! My husband and I are going through some struggles to say the least right now. The main thing being the fact that our emotional and physical ties are pretty much also non existent and have been after having our kid four years ago. Its hard to come back from that...but we are working on it. Marriage is hard and honestly its so much work that when i hear people talk about getting married (especially girls who are really only thinking about their wedding DAY and not the rest of it) I just cringe. I'm hoping the whole "rewarding" thing comes in soon too.

Amy and Izzy - i weigh myself on Sunday and Monday or I will splurge all weekend long. I've been on this site for over a year now and lost nothing but 8 lbs or there abouts....I've been doing the weighin on the end of the weekend this time and actually stuck to my goals and lost weight, so there is something to it I guess. Makes me be good on the weekends where I never was before.

I am just DYING to walk into my closet right now and try on what I have to see if it all fits better..but I know its too early and I would just get disappointed. Also I am beginning to hate the lot of my closet. I have some super nice clothes in there that I don't wear and don't want to wear even when they fit because they are "fat clothes" even though they are cutesy. I'd like to just toss the whole lot of them when I lose enough and buy all new....wishful thinking on the money part right? A girl can dream..
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Also, when I was at Anne Taylor outlet store in August, I bought this black canvasy style dress with pockets in a size 12. IT was so cute and perfect for work, would be cute with my silver cole haan flats and some flashy earrings. The top part fit snuggly, the bottom part, well my *kitten* and hips were making ig bulge severely...I know its a super long shot, but I'd love to be able to fit into that thing at the end of March for the tradeshow. Even if it didn't fit enough but to show a significant improvement would make my year since the effing scale ain't doing it for me.

You know...a scale really ought to just have symbols and sayings like the 8 ball. Like when you've gained weight it could just show you two middle fingers. And when you've lost weight it could show you a big person and an arrow to a little person...and on the days that its WAY off from the last time it should just simply tell you "get off this thing and put it up for a week"
    Really. It should.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies! Looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on! I think TOM will be arriving within a week or so for me, which I'm not excited about.

Things are going well with Emma, but I haven't gotten to the gym this week. Eek? We're doing 2-40ish minute walks a day and a pretty brisk pace, so I'm definitely moving, but not at the intensity that would be good. Today's her first day at home alone in her crate for the majority of the day. Poor thing. I hope she does okay. She was pretty pathetic when I left this morning, no surprise.

Today's going to be a wash in terms of calories. I'm not even going to try and track. Breakfast was fine, but we had a catered lunch, which was horrible. had a veggie wrap and a salad, which isn't bad, but definitley had a pretty big brownie, which was delicious. Tonight it's a group dinner out, and it's going to be ugly. This place is known for their foo-foo mac and cheese, which will be hard to turn down. I was doing okay on the weight front earlier this week, but will have to be good over tomorrow and the weekend and see how it goes. I should be able to get to the gym or run this weekend as I'll have more time, and it'll be good to get out of the house and see how Emma does. I

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

You know...a scale really ought to just have symbols and sayings like the 8 ball. Like when you've gained weight it could just show you two middle fingers. And when you've lost weight it could show you a big person and an arrow to a little person...and on the days that its WAY off from the last time it should just simply tell you "get off this thing and put it up for a week"
    Really. It should.

Lacey...I love this idea!! A lot better of an idea than me taking it out to the fence row and having target practice! The scale is evil!!

I got a 7 mile run in yesterday and this morning the scale rewarded me with a 4 pound jump :noway: :noway: :noway: WHATEVER!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Really. It should.

hahaha...some other quotes:
    "try again later"
    "you're going to hate me...."
    "are you even trying?"
    "who do you think you're kidding?"

"is it really you? You've changed so much!"
    "keep on keeping on"
    "on the right track"
    or show an imagine of a whale with an arrow pointing to a skinny person

Ladies- I think we should go into business selling funny scales...the kind to be sold at Spencers or other stores with lots of unique items
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I have another one "its not you, its me!"

LMAO!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    have a deluxe version with a voice too...

"OMG you're smothering me! I can't breath!"
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    haha....or it moos when you get on it....

man that could really hurt someone's feelings if they aren't ready to hear it
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Or one that talks back to you....like the other day when I flipped off mine and said F U about five hundred times while standing on it...it could be like "awww don't feel bad...have another cookie!"

LOL
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    LOL!!! You guys really could market the scale idea and become millionaires!!!! I've made it to 2/3 through American Gods but other good books keep sidetracking me. Shadow really does meet some interesting characters.

(((((((((hugs and ear scratches to Emma)))))))))
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Speaking of good books...have you guys read or listened to the Outlander series??I just finished listening to the first one a week ago and it is SO good!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - Diana Gabaldon is one of my favorite authors!!! I've listened to all of the books in the series and am working on the Lord John series...
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I cannot for the life of me figure out who Lord John is...is he in the first book?? I guess I'm having a DUH moment right now. And I have to say...I get all shivery when I hear a man with either an irish or scottish accent, so that book was the bomb to listen to, even if the reader was female. Probably wouldn't matter what the dude looked like as long as they had good teeth and an accent and I'd be in MAJOR TROUBLE if i was single!!

The sun is out, I am tired and my body is tired. I know I should go work out but I am going to grab my daughter, go home, get her in the tub and clean up the house a bit. Then we will watch Indiana Jones #3 and hit the sack.
    Tomorrow night is date night, so I won't get a work out in after work and still have 50 minutes to go...so my idea is to hit the gym tomorrow at lunch for 1/2 hour for some cardio. Something is better than nothing and will put me closer to my goal.
    I am just feeling like my body is needing a bit more of a rest in a major way.

I ate a huge lunch in anticipation of working out, so I am over on cals by a bit already. I know I won't be hungry until about 8 tonight, so I am sure I can either gut it out till tomorrow or have something tiny to get my through.

Hey you know what??? I know why I am doubly tired today. DUH! Two days in a row of high sugar and high carb food. DUH. Gotta have some salad at lunch tomorrow too!