Why do so many women care what men prefer?

_Tink_
_Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
That's all. Discuss as you like.

Replies

• MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    I would say, one word fits: insecurity.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    How will we know how to dress or think or act or what shape we should be if a man doesn't tell us? We can't just do what makes us happy, because what if that's not what a man would like?? We need constant validation from men that we're making the right choices. I think that's what it is anyway. Let me go ask a man if I'm right.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    I like to please my husband so I dress in what I think he would like me to wear when we go to dinner or something, but then sometimes I just wear what looks comfy too. Random other men? I couldn't give a rats hindquarters...
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Matt-Hughes.gif
  • I only care about what I like.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    How will we know how to dress or think or act or what shape we should be if a man doesn't tell us? We can't just do what makes us happy, because what if that's not what a man would like?? We need constant validation from men that we're making the right choices. I think that's what it is anyway. Let me go ask a man if I'm right.

It's a good thing we have all these helpful forum topics to guide us along the right path.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    <---does not
  • I would say, one word fits: insecurity.

^^ that, which is sad, because, thankfully, all men have different preferences. So what one finds not to be attractive, another will.... The most attractive thing a woman (or man) can do, is be confident.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Serious answer - Because it's only natural to want to be attractive to the opposite sex

Joking answer - Because I said so. And pleasing me is your main goal in life, right?
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member

Snort

:laugh:
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    I couldn't give a crap what any man thinks. The only approval I need is mine.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Eons of reproductive biology and psychology. The females of any species are generally driven toward security of the home/nest/den/place-of-rearing and then reproduce and fledge offspring.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Good question...personally idgaf but probably to impress someone they may like? or possibly insecure?

either way just be yourself
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    I'll ask her...after she makes me my sammich.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member

It's a good thing we have all these helpful forum topics to guide us along the right path.

It really is! Now I just have to figure out how to be in my twenties with a perfect hourglass shape, always be in a dress, and be feminine but not too clingy and make awesome sammiches and give a man his space, but let him know I'm always there for him and wear make up, but not too much. What am I missing? What else do I need to do?
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    I couldn't give a crap what any man thinks. The only approval I need is mine.

That is the correct attitude!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    If they're not going after betas, well, they'll need to look somewhat attractive. :ohwell:
    tumblr_mzq2znIYAp1s115ygo1_500.gif
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    If a man doesn't tell me how I should be then I go full freak out mode.

200.gif