• Weightlossdude53
    Weightlossdude53 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Was curious myself about the recommendations. I found the following:
    http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    At minimum, you should get 150 mins a week. Over 300 then you may need to ask yourself some questions if she doesn't like it.

Where do you get these numbers from? You are saying that if he wants over 6 hrs a week to himself, they might have a problem?
    3.5% of his totally weekly time to himself doesn't seem very selfish to me.

Numbers are fitness recommendations for weekly exercise from various organizations. Not talking about time for self.

Ah, OK.... I jumped to a conclusion.

With a quick Google, I found a recommendation of 150 mins minimum for 'moderate aerobic exercise.' I can't find any max number. And no recommendations for time allotments for weight training. Can you cite a source for me?

I wasn't recommending a max. I was just saying that at 300 mins you can get a great additional benefit. At that level he should get everything he needs to relieve stress etc. Weight training shouldn't take as much time as cardio.

There is a balance here between getting what he needs and giving her what she needs. We may not all agree with it but he's the one that made the commitment to her, it's his marriage. Single guys may not understand this.

I just wanted to give him some extra material to justify how he feels about the need to exercise.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, if its the weekend that is the issue, is a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule doable?
  • GlynnisSapsfordHey
    Options
    I work out 6-7 days I try to take one day of and it's 75min a day. My husband says nothing about my time. Does your wife want a unhappy and overweight husband. 3 to 4days and 2hours each time is not bad. Try to work out during the week and take weekends of and see if that helps. Try going for long walks as a family that's a workout but not in the gym.
  • Weightlossdude53
    Options
    Friday is nit doable because the nurse is usually off and other daughter has an appointment every week. If I went on Friday then wife would have to take care of special needs daughter herself. I am not allowed to walk for exercise due to mild arthritis in knee as per orthopedist. He wants me to cycle. Yes, I was very unhappy before and was overweight. Am trying to avoid more weight related healthnissues.
  • Weightlossdude53
    Options
    My wife has only recently (after almost three mknths) a out how Imlook thinner and seem stronger. Imhave been doing more things "because I am stringer ". I also recently had to,buy new pamts because the old ones were too big. I never specifically discussed what imdomat the gym or why mostly because she didn't seem interested and didn't want tomforce ot on her. I had worked briefly (5 free sessions included in my "prize") amd how I would like to continue (imoutlined the benefits, etc) amd she agreed that It would be helpful amd we agreed to spend some mkney in it since I am nit paying formthe gym.