Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Don't worry about food, but try some new exercises or doing them in a differnet environment/
  • soosun
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a while, like years to get rid of emotions, and sometimes fat is just a symptom for those seelings. Dance Of Anger is a great book for opening up to self.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bump -- STILL ON TRACK
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. I vote to repeat our September at/under calorie goal challenge in October. Based on the numbers below, I clearly need it! :ohwell:

September Challenge - Days at or under daily calorie goal 21/30

Good Days: 21
    Bad Days: 8
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in as it's our annual Employee Appreciation Day, so busy day of festivities! Today also mark's my 18th Anniversary here--where does the time go?! :noway:

Someone shared this quote with me yesterday, so wanted to pass it along:

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." - Lao Tzu
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: well, I'm keeping on with logging, thread checking and meal planning. I've planned up till next Wednesday now! Though we are away for the weekend so that makes it easier.

Well done all the T2T finishers! Hope you're having a fantastic time in New York.

September logging and checking the thread -- 23/30. Of those other seven, one was a HORRIBLE VERY BAD NO GOOD DAY, four were within 500 calories of goal, and one was within 100 calories of goal but I forgot to check the thread. Overall my rolling average weight went down 3 pounds in September. Which is slow but, you know, nobody ever said you had to do this quickly.

@Kelley -- I've held off on using the Apple Healthkit app because apparently lots of people are having a time getting it to sync properly. Misfit Shine is syncing beautifully with MFP now (and it's the easiest wearable to wear, I just put it on the wristband and forget it because it's waterproof and really light).

@Tom -- is national More Herbs Less Salt day 29 Aug or 29 Sep? Most of my herbs are over now. I have parsley and thyme on my windowsill, and I still have some chives and sorrel in the garden (and rosemary which is a bush).

@Nicole! So good to see you and that user pic is *amazing*.

@Toots -- Welcome back! We are all agog to hear how it went.

@Saggyandbaggy -- Welcome! Look at how far you have come already. That is amazing. This thread gives us all companions for the journey and that's totally excellent.

@Teresa -- I am celebrating National Coffee Day for sure. though actually I celebrate National Coffee Day *every* day. OMG I am such an addict.

@MrsMorgori -- Wow! How long have you been here? We've heard so much about you (most recently on National Wife Appreciation Day).

@Soosun -- I think they're not quite the same. I have a friend who is definitely healthy as she walks 3 miles every lunchtime and 8-10 each weekend day, and she's full of vitality and energy -- but she is not thin. And I have no end of thin friends who aren't healthy, but that's a bit of a different story. I want to be healthy a lot more than I want to be thin (which is probably why I backslid the last time).

@anjol -- Don't lose heart! It's probably just a blip. I always think that plateaus are a sign you need to mix up your food and exercise choices. If you open your diary it's easier to have a peek and give you ideas. I'm thinking about green smoothies for October (someone sent me a link) making use of all the wonderful fruit and veg on Walthamstow market. If it's just been a week or less then just keep hitting your targets. If it's been more than a week then it's worth going back to basics for a week and making sure you weigh everything, and only eat back half your exercise calories. Good luck! And look how far you've come already!

@kathrynlaneha -- Welcome! I feel your pain on 86 pounds to go! Sometimes it's better to think about it in groups of ten? Because you know you can lose ten pounds, right?

@Rosie -- Welcome! I think there's someone else here who does TOPS (maybe Marsha?) I find this thread really supportive and emotionally nourishing, especially when I check back every day.

@Tanya -- These things take time, and WELL DONE for not hitting the fridge!

@Katrena -- being on track is good!

Right. Back to work now. I hope you are all having a fantastic Tuesday!

-- Alison
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been on for quite sometime, had a hard time figuring out how the thread works, got a little lost and gave it up. Tom had to show me yet again. LOL Here's to wishing everybody a GREAT Day :flowerforyou:
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just poking my head in again and saying Hi. Life seems so busy and I am lazy so I am not here much. I am glad you all are keeping this up, it is a great rescource.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE Note and be ready................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread – it happens that every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread – therefore you will see at the bottom of the last post on THIS page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. robinsegg

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy NATIONAL HOT MULLED CIDER DAY
    Since the fall season has arrived, there is a little chill in the evening air, the trees are turning beautiful fall colors and leaves are starting to drop from the branches, it is the perfect time to celebrate National Hot Mulled Cider Day. Join along with the thousands of others that celebrate National Hot Mulled Cider Day each year on September 30.
    Hot Mulled Cider is a popular fall and winter drink that is made by heating cider to almost boiling and adding cinnamon, orange peel, nutmeg, cloves and other spices and then simmering it.
    Try this “tried and true” recipe and enjoy some hot mulled cider today!

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10718-mulled-apple-cider

“Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic.” ~Anonymous

Tom
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Monday/Tuesday: Tried to make Halloween owl treats for YW youth group. Don't believe everything you see on Pinterest. Trying something else. Also, finger licking is a problem, so it needs to be something that isn't gooey! Back to the drawing board.

September Challenge Stats: 29/30 days under 1400 calorie goal (the day's young, but I think I can handle it. The one day I went over, it was a 6 calorie miscalculation); 26/30 days cardio with some weight training mixed in; increased fruits and veggies by at least one serving a day.

Weight loss: For last week: 2.2 lbs.; for the month: 10.5 lbs.; since August 1: 28.2 lbs.

Thanks Robin/Ellen, hansea, BC/Alison and kah/Kelley for your advice regarding my October challenge. Can't remember who asked but I'm now 5'8", and definitely have an inch or two to pinch :laugh:, but amazingly, my waist has tightened up, just not my gut. Too much padding there. I've been using the macros set by MFP, but have been taking in more protein because it helps with hunger issues. I think I will reset the carb macro because I love them too much AND most carbs leave me craving a snack. My trainer has been upping my weights lately, taking into account knee and foot problems, but cardio is somewhat limited due to same. Told her I'd like to try a funny bike I saw recently. I think it's called an ellipti-cycle (sp?). I have to find a bike shop that will let me test one.

T2T racers: You are my HEROES and inspiration! When I grow up, I want to do that too! :smile: Tell us about your adventure when you have a chance.

kah/Kelley: Like the new photo. It is new, isn't it, or am I developing a whole new set of challenges? That Lao Tzu quote is one of my favs and so true.

Toots/Amber: Yay! You're back! Once you've recovered (and that will take weeks, I'm sure), please tell us how the trip went and about the boys.

Morgori/Tom: Mmmm, hot mulled cider. Guess I'll have to crank up the ac and nuke a mug of low cal cider today. (One can dream.)

Robin/Ellen: Wow! I wish I could do something to help you feel better. Hubby is dealing with a wound issue that began last winter. Today we see the infectious disease Dr. because it's baaaacccckkkk. He hasn't been the best patient, allowing his diabetes get out of control. That hampers healing big time. If you do everything your Dr. says, I have confidence you'll recover soon. The wound vac is annoying, for sure, but does the job. Stock up on baby wipes and dry shampoo (or you can get the more expensive bath wipes from certain pharmacies--which is what we had to do). I'm praying for you.

Newbies: This is the thread to follow for help, inspiration and support. You are welcome here. :heart:

GrammyWhammy>Marsha
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wapow! Two days in a row?! Who am I? Well... office snacks are a challenge right now. I need to get back to keeping my own tasty (healthier) snacks at work. What are your favorite office snacks?

RobinsEgg - We shall saunter together, until we can skip! :happy:

Kelley- Your quote is now my Facebook status... LOVE it. It fits where I am and where I need to be :smile:
  • soosun
    Options
    Everyone has such grit on this site. Terrific!

Goals I have written down in my keep it honest book

Gym twice a week with my Silver Sneakers class for an hour
    28 Day Squat Challenge for beginners
    50 flatten stomach exercises each day; getting a TV set up in my room this week so I can do dvd's and have cable etc every day for tummy
    Walk or bike 30 minutes 4 days a week
    Take measurements and weight weekly to keep it honest

I love the below calorie challenge for October; sound well, challenging!

Keep it up all of you strong men and women!
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in and a hello!! :bigsmile:

Cleaned house most of the day and took lots of pics of the place to show my family in a couple of weeks. I can't believe I will be in Florida in two weeks!! I haven't seen them in years, including my daughter. Even though we talk everyday and keep up on FB, being there in the same space will be wonderful. I just hope the dysfunction of certain people stays in check. Ya know what I mean??? :wink:

My goals for October are to continue to lose weight and get my fitness level up. I know vacation will take a hit on me, but I'm really going to try to not treat eating out as an excuse to binge on whatever I want.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Fall is deffinitely here. Temps are dropping, I WANT TO EAT!
    Trying so so hard to stay within calories. Hubby invited me out for quick dinner tonight. I declined, Not enough calories left. Stopped in and got an ice cream today, totally glorious. But 250 calories. So wanted a second scoop, but I ate in the car so I would be less tempted.
    Fitness Goals are going well. For September I did every planned workout except one and added components to several.
    Eating plan is good but not as good. Went over on a few days but overall stayed within 100 cals of goal for 25 days.

October goals: Do all planned workouts. Stay within 100 calories of target.

Weight loss for Sepember down 13 pounds!!!

Today I scrolled through the thread and just looked at the tickers. I highly recommend it. The amount of weight lost here is astounding. All of your stories are so inpirational.
    Love to all, :heart:
    Lori
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    We are back- Thanks for the support.

Hansea-The description of the after party that Robin gave was very good, what the article did not tell you that it was packed building to building with people. It was very hard to move. We looked around, picked up a doughnut, fruit, chips and a beer then headed off to find the UPS trucks to claim our stuff. You should join us if we decide to do another 5K together, we had a great trip and it was good run.

Tanya- Sorry to hear about you and your BF breaking up. I hope he figures out what he wants from life. Happy to hear that you are feeling better.

Herbmfp, ladybuglucy, verucalane-, saggyandbaggy, Kathrynlaneha, Racheal200,-Welcome.

Naceto- Welcome back.

Nettie- Thanks for passing the message along for me. Hope you are feeling better.

Toots- Welcome back. How are the kids? Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Mrs. Morgori-Glad to see you back. Hope you are doing well.

Tom- Sorry you missed the New York Event, you and Amy would have loved it.

Thanks for all the support regarding the Tunnel to Towers 5K. The event was amazing and everything that Gorilla said it would be. It was a slow 5K but the reasons are simple. As you come out of the tunnel, you see the line of firefighters and police officers holding the pictures of the fallen. As you came out of the tunnel you could high 5 them and that is exactly what I did, it was very inspirational since it kept me running up a hill to the water stop. The tunnel was getting hot and humid but we pushed through and along the way we would hear chants of USA, USA from the cadets that were running. The path around Battery park was lined with spectators, school bands, cheerleaders encouraging us to keep going. As I was coming up on another hill and was thinking about walking, the band started playing the theme from Rocky and of course I had to keep running. Then the fire boat was in the harbor spraying water in all direction so I slowed down to take a picture of that scene. Then I continued to run the up the street to the finish line, when the line came into sight I was able to sprint to the finish. I completed the run in about 40 minutes, Karen finished ahead of me. I am sure that Skinny and Susan will give their perspective of the race as well.

New York was fantastic. We visited the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, 9-11 memorial fountains and museum, Battery Park, St. Joesph’s Chappel (that church played a huge role in the days after 9-11) it has many memorials on display. South Port district, Broadway saw Mama Mia, and had lunch with GorrillaNJ. I will try to post some picture soon but I need to remember how to log into photobucket. Robin posted the link for the TV coverage. It was busy four days but worth it. It was great spending time with and getting to know Skinny and Susan even better.

Here is a link to some pictures posted of the run taken by Patrick F. Kealey. https://www.flickr.com/photos/pfkealey/sets/72157648153928715/

Links to the videos:
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/10633246-tunnel-to-towers-part-2/#.VCnxYMMJg5E.facebook

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/10633246-tunnel-to-towers-part-2/#.VCnxYMMJg5E.facebook

Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Still on a roll. Blues hit full strength today and I cried most of the evening. Went for a long walk and it helped a little. Need to pull myself together. Have much to be thankful for, including this support group

Katrena
  • soosun
    Options
    I know i have been down that same path; we all have. You seem to have the right attitude. Basically just go with the flow and know that tomorrow will be a new day for you to enjoy. Thankfully the doldrums do not last forever, and if they do you should seek medical attention.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Report for September challenge: 25/30 days under calorie goal, 191.4 miles walked, weight lost-zero. Go figure.
    My DIL has loaned me a pair of weighted gloves. I'm going to wear them for my evening walk and see if that will shake things up a bit.
    I'm so proud of all of you who have successfully lost weight this month.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: OCTOBER CHALLENGE :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

OCTOBER CHALLENGE:

WATCH YOUR CALORIES MONTH! Goal is to Track Your Calories…. i.e. Track the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal. (if you’re within 100 cal. you’re within your goal.)

If you don’t want to do that, INSTEAD, THE OPTION IS TO TRACK SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE: i.e, if you choose, personalize the Challenge by counting your macros or protein, salt, or sugars/carbs intake for the month.. If this doesn’t trip your trigger, you can count your walks or just about anything. But keep records!

It’s a great challenge in that you will certainly pay attention to the bottom line: Calories In must be less than calories out to lose weight. Hard to practice but a great month to be active.

You are Responsible for tracking and Posting your Progress on the thread. Please post your progress weekly. You may include LivesToTravels definition of bad days: Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days:!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: