Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    A question to all you amazing weight lifting ladies - do you take protein suplements?

Only if I can't hit my protein macro. Otherwise, I still to real food. I aim for 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein a day, myself.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I am so motivated by this thread!!! All of you ladies look amazing and inspire me to get back to lifting!!

I recently brought the New Rules of Lifting for Women and think I may give it ago starting on Saturday or Monday.

@BombellshellPheonix damn lady is all I have to say! I hope I can learn to love it as much as you do.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A question to all you amazing weight lifting ladies - do you take protein suplements?

I do. I have a hard time meeting my protein requirements without a shake or 2 thrown in.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: All of you lovely ladies!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Here are my most recent ones. Started lifting light weights in January of this year, then in June, I added bodyweight exercises and heavier lifting. All at home and I love it! Still have 20-25lbs to go!

Fab work - I am so inspired that you achieved this at home too!
  • rightaboutmeow
    rightaboutmeow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All of you are so amazing!!!
    :love:
    I love strong, inspirational women and also aspire to be one!!
    :heart:
    I'm on SL 5x5 right now but sort of fell off this past week or two as things have been hectic and I feel like I'm not sure if I can just stop for that long and just pick back up at squatting 85 lbs...:ohwell: and thought maybe I should go back to cardio more often...but in the past month I lost 1.5 in from my waist, .5 in from my hips, and .25 down from my chest and .25 in down on...one thigh lol pretty much strictly from lifting. I did not weigh myself from Sep. 1 until Sep. 30 and I have actually GAINED weight when I checked on the 30th.

I don't have any awesome before and afters just yet from it, but this is inspirational and I actually DO love lifting I guess I just felt like with the program I was going to mess it up if I didn't stay consistent and lift what it says even if I haven't been lifting for a while prior to that...but I'm going back to it now, no doubt!

:happy:
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I do pretty regularly use protein powders or quest bars. I've been getting better about it and figuring out new creative ways to get more protein from actual food, but a lot of days it's just the simplest way to hit my protein macro!
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like lifting because it takes a long time to lose my results.

Last fall I got really sick and couldn't work out for 3 months, then I got pregnant (more sick) and finally canceled my gym membership halfway through my pregnancy. And yet, not until today, pretty much a full year later, have I lost the great muscle tone I could feel under my fat. I had never had so much muscle and it took a long period of inactivity to lose the benefits.

I think if you are all about just getting skinny, you can lose that pretty fast.
  • natardie
    natardie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No photos here as you can't see much in the way of definition - YET (have a picky of my shoulder but don't know how to post it!). But my journey so far:

Started January 2013 156kgs (343.2lbs). Began eating clean. Added gym membership in April 2013. Originally 3 x week for 1.5 hrs with a mix of cardio and weights (free and machine).

September 2013 got super serious after switching trainers to one who lifts and only uses cardio to shred for a comp.

As of today I'm 99kgs (217.8lbs) and strong. In the past 2 months I've only lost 600 grams (1.3lbs) but shrank another 12cms (5 inches) from 5 measurement points on my body.

I can't imagine doing anything other than lifting as my exercise and can't wait now that my muscles are slowly starting to show through the last of my body fat.

Nat
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Bumping for fitspo :)
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great J-O-B!
  • xphoenixfirex
    xphoenixfirex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Starting 5x5 so need to be watching this thread :)
  • lyannec13
    lyannec13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    <---- My Results
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Here are my most recent ones. Started lifting light weights in January of this year, then in June, I added bodyweight exercises and heavier lifting. All at home and I love it! Still have 20-25lbs to go!

300.jpg

IMG_1422-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

Wooooah!!!! Amazing.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Anorexia to recovery to weightlifter (need to take a more recent results picture)

Rb1G3ND.jpg
    s0C1uXI.png?1
    dI9eURj.png?1

Beautiful... Simply beautiful. Congrats on your recovery and now your strength building!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    bump to save
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

I didn't see decent progress until I got set up on All Pro. It's on bodybuilding.com for free.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just went to the site and took my test. Tomorrow I'm going to do the arm workouts they recommended. So excited!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I am so motivated by this thread!!! All of you ladies look amazing and inspire me to get back to lifting!!

I recently brought the New Rules of Lifting for Women and think I may give it ago starting on Saturday or Monday.

@BombellshellPheonix damn lady is all I have to say! I hope I can learn to love it as much as you do.

You've got this!!!:flowerforyou: