24 Hour Challenge - October

Options

Replies

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I didn't quite make it last month, but I really enjoyed it. I'll do it again!

K nothing today...????
  • leomcdee
    leomcdee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh, this sounds like fun. I'm in!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, luvsunshine1!
    Oct 1: 60 min, 19.3 mi on the DeskCycle
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Goal: 24 hours/1440 minutes
    10/1: 2 mile run, walk after, stronglifts at the gym: 72.5 minutes

Total time: 72.5 minutes (1.21 hours)
    Time remaining: 1367.5 minutes (22.79 hours)
    Time over: 0 minutes (0 hours)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    10/1/14 - 98 Minutes (1 hr and 38 minutes)
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I had an amazing September. That will be difficult (if not impossible) to beat with the weather here in Colorado turning colder already, but I will give it my best shot!
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im in!

10/2- 30 minutes
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    10/1- 45 minutes (elliptical)
    10/2- 60 minutes (body pump class)

22h 15m to go.
  • Cattyheron
    Options
    Oh, I love it! It's enough that it's worth it, but it's low enough to be easy if you spread it out over the month. What an awesome idea :)
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oct. 1 - 32 min (walking)
  • Jla408
    Jla408 Posts: 1,830 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this sounds fun!!! Good luck everyone.
    10:1 35 minutes walking
    10:2 33.5 minutes walking (cut off over a minute today!!!!!)
  • amylu132
    amylu132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! First time doing something like this (time to stop creeping and participate I suppose).

Oct 1 - 45 mins (weight training)
    Oct 2 - 50 mins (run/walk) 10 mins (stretching)

105/1440

^I hope it's not cheating to count stretching. I really need motivation to work on flexibility. I know it's important to my fitness and long term health, and I do not make time to do it now.
  • Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned, it's getting cooler (colder), and this will get harder for me. Last month was the first month completed since i started in April!

10/1 - 0 min (1440 to go)
    10/2 - 36 min (1404 to go)
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    10/01/14 : 41 mins of cardio (walking on the treadmill)
    10/02/14 : 35 mins of cardio (cycling) + 35 (give or take) mins of lifting = 70 mins
    Edit*** just did 30 mins of cardio in the treadmill ???????????????? ***** 70+30= 100mins
    Total : 141/1440mins ????????????
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It is so great to see so many back!! So great to see the new ones joining as well. I agree, it's getting to that colder time of year, especially in some states so more of a challenge. Good luck to everyone!

10/1 Mon - 30min bike and 15min strength (23.5 hrs left)
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    So how do I join in on this challenge? I'm game to start!

You just joined if you want. Nothing special to do except go under "My Topics" and find 24 Hour Challenge - October and log your workout and time and how much time you have left until you reach 24hrs - or however you want to log it here. I copy my last post and just add my next workout to that and post. Some people do it every workout and some do several workouts then post. It's up to you. I like to do more frequently because the more people that are in the challenge, the harder it is to find your last post, plus I like to keep up with what everyone is posting. Good luck!
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    I was debating whether to do October or not, because traditionally it is a rather painful month for me. (Fibromyalgia just looooves those weather fronts!) But I am going to go ahead and throw my lot in with y'all. I will anticipate good rather than bad!

I'm glad you're back and hope the fibromyalgia backs off this month. I'm still dealing with this stress fracture in my foot so don't know if I'll make it or not but still fun trying and you guys inspire me to do more.
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    Ok - I'm going to try this, too :)
    I just signed up for a walking challenge - so surely that counts towards my goal, too :)
    Smiles,
    Nic

Definitely counts!
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    I would like to join too. Do we add a post each time or do we edit a single post?

10/1: 30 minutes (half strength and half cardio)

Total so far: 30 minutes

I hope you see the answer in another question that was answered. Great start!
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    I'm in! First time doing something like this (time to stop creeping and participate I suppose).

Oct 1 - 45 mins (weight training)
    Oct 2 - 50 mins (run/walk) 10 mins (stretching)

105/1440

^I hope it's not cheating to count stretching. I really need motivation to work on flexibility. I know it's important to my fitness and long term health, and I do not make time to do it now.

So glad you're joining in! You know what's exercise for you so definitely counts especially if it's something you really want to do and this motivates you!