So my family bought take out...RANT

Options
I don't have anything to eat tonight because my sister "accidentally" gave the last portion of my frozen food (that I make the beginning of the week) to the dog, "mistakenly" thinking it was old. My family said they were going to go get take out. So since I don't have something to eat, I placed my order for ribs and chips which they should bring back home to me because I'm staying to finish my laundry.

They didn't respond to my order with an answer and I assumed they were going to bring it...

When they got back here, they all got double beef burgers with chips and milkshakes...and they didn't bring me my ribs...they bought me an appetizer sized salad...a f****** salad the size of my one hand! There's no food in the house because I'm only going shopping for the week tomorrow...The ONLY thing that I can eat in the house is bread and honey and that stupid salad because they hardly ever buy food in advance.

The fridge literally has this in it:

3 slices of bread
1 tomato
Jam

That's IT! And apparently I can't eat that because my grandma put her name on it...

I'm 30g under my protein goal and friggen starving! I'm gonna feel sick of hunger in the middle of the night. :-/

End rant.

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I hear toothpaste is low cal.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Do you have a car?
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Buy masking tape at store, date and name everything you have in the fridge, and get an emergency pack of nuts or beef jerky and keep them hidden in your room.

I think your family is being a bunch of jerks and that really sucks, and I'd be making someone go out and get me more food or drive me to get it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    why did you put those "two" words in "quotes"?

so yuore mad because you wanted ribs nd they got you a salad? go get ribs. cant leave? have ribs delivered.

sounds like its time to move out.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you have some money and have a way to get to the store or a restaurant, go out and get something for yourself. That seems pretty rude of them to get themselves hamburgers and expect you to eat only a small salad. You don't have any types of snacks or anything else in your house?
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    Do you have a car?

Yes. But it just pisses me off that my family is apparently actively trying to starve me or something. If they didn't want to bring me anything they could've just said that I should go get my own food instead of buying me salad because I "can't eat ribs it will make me fat."
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Are you an adult?

If so buy your own food.

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's it. If you're over 18 get a job and your own place and start taking care of yourself.

You wanted ribs, you got burgers. Paid for and brought to you. Stop complaining, you sound like a child.

He/she got a tiny salad. Keep up!

OP, move out. Or get a mini fridge for your room. With a lock on it. Or move out.

Or try Spark teens.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    So its impossible for you to go out?

When you go shopping buy some fallback food rations for these situations. Soup, baked beans , bread, Potato, Tuna, tinned fish, porridge etc
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Tomato sandwich. Sounds yummy.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How old are you and do you have your own transportation? The nuts and beef jerky in your room to have as needed is a great suggestion.
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about missing your macros/kcals for 1 day, don't stress it. The body doesn't work on a daily timeframe. Weekly is closer to accurate, so either continue as normal tomorrow or if you are crazy OCD about this stuff like i am, just make up the missing macros/kcals over the course of the next few days.

weekly numbers are far more important than meals/daily. and stay really hydrated, that always helps me with hunger
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Stop whining its your responsibility to feed yourself...your "lucky" if they bring you something back its not their job whatsoever....eat the salad and drink some water if your hungry enough afterwards go get another salad.."walk-drive-jog".....if its closed the salad will just have to be enough...If you whne like this on a forum I am going to make a bet your family hears more than this at home and didn't want to hear it AFTER you ate the ribs so they saved themselves and got you a salad......
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I will assume that you were out of dog food also since there is no other food in the house. The dog has to eat.

Maybe they didn't get your message? Instead of ordering takeout ribs and chips maybe you should have just gone to the grocery and gotten some food.

And you should either move or invest in a mini-fridge for your room.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for having a family that supports your weight loss journey!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    That sucks, OP. When I used to live with my mom she would randomly throw out my food that she thought was "old", yet most of the time it was newer than stuff she'd leave.
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    I'm 21. I'm a student who studies from home, because I need to use all the money from the work I do to pay my books and study fees. My parents refuse to pay for it. So unless I go live on the street I can't move out.

They didn't pay for my food. I did.

They used the rest of my money to buy coke.

They comment on EVERYTHING I eat.

"You can't eat meat! It will make you bulky..."
    "You can't eat that, it will make you fat!"

As I said she took MY food and fed it to the dog. There is dogfood in the house. Do you expect me to eat that? :-/

Yes I could go buy my own food. But it's a little despicable to take my money for your own use. And to decide FOR ME what I should and shouldn't eat.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Get off your *kitten* and go get some food. Problem solved.
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I wish this was my only problem. If you drive. Go get yourself something to eat. Quit relying on your family. Grow up. If not eat what they brought you. At least they took your fitness into consideration with a nice salad. I would eat it and say thank you..... :indifferent: