New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Insanity max cardio conditioning and cardio abs. On the road again shortly!

05460bdd65d11526b714cdfada862725.jpg
  • SwanLyriks
    SwanLyriks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 6 completed. But I was achy this morning and I rested way more than normal. I think Im going to re-do day 6 tonight before bed
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Day 6 completed. But I was achy this morning and I rested way more than normal. I think Im going to re-do day 6 tonight before bed

I recommend you just let it go and not redo the workout. You gave it your best shot, now let your body recover and build. Doubling up these workouts is a great way to get hurt.
  • atul2000
    Options
    I am looking for some people to do Insanity with. I live in SF near Nob Hill / Tenderloin. Maybe we can meet at a park or gym and do it.

Also, I am looking for someone to lift weights. There is a free gym at Washington/Mason.
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just started Insanity on 9/27 so I am on Day 5 (Pure Cardio) tonight. I am like others where I started before but never finished. I also wasn't following the diet plan before so not happy with results. Anyhow I am following the diet so far (I will be modifying with my own food after I get the hang of it in a couple weeks) but I find there to be way more carbs than I have been eating. I just completed a weight lifting program, so I plan on doing a weight workout once a week with what ever insanity workout I have on either Saturday or Sunday. What percentages are people eating for carbs now? I was trying to keep it at 40/40/20 (carb/protein/fat) before but I find myself drifting to 50% carbs. I hope I can stick with the program for the whole 60 days this time. Substituting my own music seems to help me get through the workouts though.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit carb heavy on my diet too, I hover around 40-45 carbs, 35-40 protein and 15-20 fat. Seeing results and not losing muscle so pretty happy to continue like that for now - but it's always worth monitoring the situation as diet needs tweaking the closer to goal you get.

First Max recovery session today, gotta say I was surprised at how much arm/chest work there was - nice change, but pretty tough going toward the end!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity core cardio and balance with my grandson's help. you can see my Polar Beat app tracking the endeavor!

e31dd7a30095e24b7007229dee6647db.jpg

f33dd08bc1ad7b69a2f4ba97d5afcc9a.jpg
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your grandson is just too cute! Love the fact that he was 'helping'!
    Further to my last - I've lost another lb! And the measurements have gone right down (about 3 inches, which is 6 in total since I started Insanity :-D ) so, many thanks for the advice Paul - I agree with you, however in this instance I think I was worrying unnecessarily!

Last workout of month 1 done. Rest day tomorrow then the recovery week :-D

Keep pressing play!

G
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Completed week 1 and just in time. I got called in to work 12 hr back shift (5:30pm-5:30am) even though I am normally a day shift person (7:30am-4pm). Hope I can keep up the energy to start week 2 on Saturday. Can't quit this early. Love reading everyone's progress and seeing results.
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity month 2, week2. X3 yoga. I'm oozing bliss....

f7c97121d1f3708e499fc095e8faf6a0.jpg
  • SwanLyriks
    SwanLyriks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Completed week one. Did day 8 today. lost 6.5lbs total. :):)

You couldnt have told me I lost ANYTHING this week and now seeing the number on the scale just encourages me more. Im in this until Day 63.

Hows everyone else doing?
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed week one. Did day 8 today. lost 6.5lbs total. :):)

You couldnt have told me I lost ANYTHING this week and now seeing the number on the scale just encourages me more. Im in this until Day 63.

Hows everyone else doing?

Yay Swan!!!! Keep chugging away and doing your best everyday. Today, the scale was your friend. Next week it could be the way your pants fit, your measurements or just how much easier it is to put your socks on in the morning. Just keep pressing play. You are well on your way to getting in the best shape of your life if you keep doing what ShaunT tells you to do. Way to go! ????
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed week 1 and just in time. I got called in to work 12 hr back shift (5:30pm-5:30am) even though I am normally a day shift person (7:30am-4pm). Hope I can keep up the energy to start week 2 on Saturday. Can't quit this early. Love reading everyone's progress and seeing results.

Congratulations on week1, month1!!!! This week and week 1 of month2 are the toughest in the program. Keep pressing play and do your best! ????
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Start of month2 week3 of insanity. Fit test 4. I beat Tanya by 70 total test reps. She beat me in two tests. I beat her in 4. We tied in2. I'm satisfied.

2a0af717a1347637be8ad4881b859b30.jpg
  • keke0904
    keke0904 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    completed week 2. feeling alot better and starting to see muscle form and lost 1.5 inches around my waist so far. i didnt measure everything else yet, and havent weighted myself ( which is Killing me)
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed the rest of the day's workout. Max interval circuit. A long combination for Saturday morning on an empty stomach!

846f684bdc36769873b9b74a5113125c.jpg
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wave your hands in the air if your a true player! :drinker: I JUST FINISHED Round 1 of Insanity!!!

Yay me!!!

The last 2 weeks have been hard. My ankle was sore, my feet were tired (etc), but it was super productive. My lower back/love handles have felt a huge overhaul in the last couple weeks. In fact, that stubborn micro-tire around my mid section has seen the most improvement which is ideal. In total, I've lost about 3% body fat. Everything is more defined and my fitness has improved greatly, all of which is great.

Here's my take on Insanity. First of all, I liked the program. I will be doing other rounds of it in the future. That said, it IS tough on joints. My feet have been sore for 2 months now. Also, it can get extremely repetitive. I found that I could no longer stand listening to the cues on the DVD and opted to turn the volume way down and turn my own music way up. This made the repetition far more palatable. Also, I'm super into good form when executing an exercise. I feel like if your not doing proper form whats the point. Nonetheless, it did annoy me how the pro's on the workouts slacked off 80% of the time on their form. I mean, yay good for you, you can keep up with the exercise while doing an 8th of a squat. Personally, I'd rather engage my muscle groups and do a full parallel squat, suffer the full burn, and NOT be able to keep up with the pro's that are knocking out partial squats like gang-busters. But, don't get me wrong, the pro's were amazing. I like in max interval when the b-boy, Jeff, does that victory backspin and nearly knocks out the blond girl; the look she gives him is to die for!

All in all, I was planning to do another round of Insanity immediately following this one, BUT, my body and mind need something else right now. So, I'm going to do my first ever round of classic P90X after a recovery week of core cardio and balance, running, bikram. I'm excited to get on the Tony Horton bandwagon!!!

PS, @pauldoxsee, that photo is the sweetest, totally adorable!

keep pushing play everyone, you can do it!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Yay Victorian the insanity victor! I really haven't had a sore foot problem so far in insanity. However, as the grandson photo illustrates, I predominantly work on a relatively thick unpadded area rug in my workouts.

You will like p90x and should be very prepared for it. You will find yoga way too long, ab ripper brutal and Kenpo to be a love it or hate it. Pullups might be a challenge. I was lousy at them in x and x2, but finally got serious about them and mastered them in x3. I ended up having the best pullup workouts with a ceiling mounted bar. I started with a door frame model, migrated to a free standing beast and finally went to the ceiling with x3. I was totally assist dependant until I decided to go unassisted in x3 and finally got some muscle build up to show for the pullup effort. I did all of the body beast pullups unassisted too, which was very rewarding. Good luck with your next workout!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    completed week 2. feeling alot better and starting to see muscle form and lost 1.5 inches around my waist so far. i didnt measure everything else yet, and havent weighted myself ( which is Killing me)

Congrats on week2! You are more disciplined than I am. I weigh every morning ( it's electronically tracked by fitbit and maps to MFP), but only do formal tape and body fat (caliper) measurements weekly. 1.5 inches is fabulous!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity max interval plyo. Fun.

03ec16fded0d532e9472ecdebf070783.jpg