So my family bought take out...RANT

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    First world problem: Your parents bring you the wrong food.

Just about every problem on MFP is a first world problem - doesnt mean people cant let off steam about them.

OP, I hope you are able to implement some of the more sensible suggestions so as to avoid repeats of this in the future - investing in a cheap mini fridge for your room, locking it if neccesary and investing in hidden stashes of emergency non fridge food.
    Also dont give your family money to buy food while they are out buying their own - just go out and buy your own separately ( I notice you have a car to do so)
    and just ignore any comments from them about this or that is going to make you fat - like someone else said, become a duck, let it all just wash over you.

Pleas dont leave college or move out uneccesarily over issues which are managable in other ways.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just want to clarify where on earth it says she gave her family money? In her first post she says she placed an order, not gave them money. But she also says she texted them and didn't get a response. In my head no response means not to count on whatever it is happening. I just finished writing an essay and my brain is fuzzy so maybe I'm blind right now but I could swear...

That being said, yeah I'd be pissed, money or no, and it's ok to rant. I'm 23 and live at home. I work full time, have a car, pay bills, contribute to the house's bills, go to college, etc., and there's times my parents drive me INSANE. I could afford to move out, if I sacrificed school, or the car, or something. So I get it, I really do. And it's ok to rant, but this is also the internet, and rants are probably best kept to friend's lists only.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I just want to clarify where on earth it says she gave her family money? In her first post she says she placed an order, not gave them money. But she also says she texted them and didn't get a response. In my head no response means not to count on whatever it is happening. I just finished writing an essay and my brain is fuzzy so maybe I'm blind right now but I could swear...

That being said, yeah I'd be pissed, money or no, and it's ok to rant. I'm 23 and live at home. I work full time, have a car, pay bills, contribute to the house's bills, go to college, etc., and there's times my parents drive me INSANE. I could afford to move out, if I sacrificed school, or the car, or something. So I get it, I really do. And it's ok to rant, but this is also the internet, and rants are probably best kept to friend's lists only.

the money part came up in a later response.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options

the money part came up in a later response.

A yeah. I went a bit cross eyed trying to figure out what was going on that made this thread implode and must have missed it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Holy MFP pants, Batman. 8 pages of...
    blah.gif
  • stephylynn190
    stephylynn190 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You really have NOTHING left to eat in your house but a few slices of bread, honey, and jam...? You won't last a week in a zombie apocalypse.
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options
    I didn't think of adding the later added details in the OP. I was kind of writing it in a mini fit of rage as a lot of people do when they rant/vent.

And I will also NOT be writing a mean people thread.

You are all so wonderful and supportive and kind hearted...I swear you all fart rainbows just like unicorns! :flowerforyou:
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone need to jump down her throat? She clearly stated that she was ranting (venting). Let her get it out and if you have nothing supportive to add then just move on to the next one. She didn't ask for advice, she was only trying to get something off her chest and maybe she didn't have anywhere else to express her feelings at. We all have days when things got to us. OP, I hope tomorrow goes better for you.
  • chadya07
    Options
    Why does everyone need to jump down her throat? She clearly stated that she was ranting (venting). Let her get it out and if you have nothing supportive to add then just move on to the next one. She didn't ask for advice, she was only trying to get something off her chest and maybe she didn't have anywhere else to express her feelings at. We all have days when things got to us. OP, I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

i got the feeling the first few posts set a tone for group think and everyone just rode the wave of mean all the way to dropping out of college...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    You really have NOTHING left to eat in your house but a few slices of bread, honey, and jam...? You won't last a week in a zombie apocalypse.

Just as well a zombie apocalypse is rather unlikely IRL.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for having a family that supports your weight loss journey!

EXACTLY!!! I was expecting "They came back with a triple cheeseburger with extra cheese" and they came back with a salad.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i am stunned by the amount of posts i have read in this thread condemning the OP.

what happened to your reading and comprehension abilities? what happened to your objectivity and contexual insight?

some of those who are encouraging this young woman to move out of her home need to understand that in all liklihood, she will have to drop out of school to support herself. she mentions she comes from a small town, and there may be some social and / or economic barriers hindering her ability to obtain financial support for her education. Kudos to the OP for being a responsible student and paying her way through college - she will appreciate it more, thats for certain.

those of you heralding about your accomplishment, congratulations! you moved out of your parents' home at 17-18. though, some of you probably could have stayed at home a little longer to complete your education, allowing you to understand a basic writing like the one the OP composed..
  • chadya07
    Options
    Congrats to you for having a family that supports your weight loss journey!

EXACTLY!!! I was expecting "They came back with a triple cheeseburger with extra cheese" and they came back with a salad.

except that isnt what she ordered. they imposed their ideas about what she should eat on her. most of us should know that losing weight doesnt mean all you eat is salad. and most of us also expect our families to support us without encouraging us to not eat. giving our food to the dog, bringing us salad when we needed protein... that isnt supportive at all, its controlling and judgemental.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

i got the feeling the first few posts set a tone for group think and everyone just rode the wave of mean all the way to dropping out of college...

Bingo lol. Bandwagoning. So the OP is whining? I'm sure we've all whined about some insignificant first world problem. If I feel like someone whines too much, I ignore them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would say a serious *kitten* whoopin is in order. Eat their bread/tomato/jam and tough titties if someone put their name on it. That's what they get for screwing you up on purpose.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Go buy your own food. You're an adult.
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It sounds like money is tight or there is just poor budgeting in the house. There should be more food in the family fridge...Like everyone has suggested: buy some of your own food and store it in your room. Since you do live at home, consider cooking an economical meal for the family or buying a few items of food to share as well. With no food in the fridge, other family members are more likely to 'steal' your food in the future, too.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It sounds like money is tight or there is just poor budgeting in the house. There should be more food in the family fridge...Like everyone has suggested: buy some of your own food and store it in your room. Since you do live at home, consider cooking an economical meal for the family or buying a few items of food to share as well. With no food in the fridge, other family members are more likely to 'steal' your food in the future, too.

Good point. Perhaps feeding the food to the dog was a cover story...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I take it mama stopped running away with the tv....? :flowerforyou:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I take it mama stopped running away with the tv....? :flowerforyou:

I wondered about that too... I think its a different OP though.