So my family bought take out...RANT

Options

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I take it mama stopped running away with the tv....? :flowerforyou:

I wondered about that too... I think its a different OP though.

A purse and/or phone may have been stolen at some point.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I take it mama stopped running away with the tv....? :flowerforyou:

I wondered about that too... I think its a different OP though.

A purse and/or phone may have been stolen at some point.

YUP! lmao
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Dust bunnies?
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm 21. I'm a student who studies from home, because I need to use all the money from the work I do to pay my books and study fees. My parents refuse to pay for it. So unless I go live on the street I can't move out.

They didn't pay for my food. I did.

They used the rest of my money to buy coke.

They comment on EVERYTHING I eat.

"You can't eat meat! It will make you bulky..."
    "You can't eat that, it will make you fat!"

As I said she took MY food and fed it to the dog. There is dogfood in the house. Do you expect me to eat that? :-/

Yes I could go buy my own food. But it's a little despicable to take my money for your own use. And to decide FOR ME what I should and shouldn't eat.

Thank you OP for clarifying, and to the rest of you people who just assume she is lazy F off. I had to live with my parents when I was in school and they always think they know best. Even when youre paying rent/food etc.

I agree with the nuts and jerky comment. I used to hide my snacks in my room ;)
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Yes I could go buy my own food. But it's a little despicable to take my money for your own use. And to decide FOR ME what I should and shouldn't eat.

You probably should have mentioned this originally.. you just sound rather pathetic before hand haha
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have no comment except to mention that BBQ ribs sure sounds good. Gettin' a little hungry just thinking about some. And beer. maybe some cole slaw too.
  • bigswid
    Options
    Protein shake?
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bring your food everywhere you go. I know it's hard to live with people like this. My ex-husband didn't support my healthy lifestyle and was a douche whenever he seen me eating broccoli and chicken. My advice get a mini fridge and lock it. I'm almost 6 years into my fitness journey and I'm blessed to be married to someone who supports and encourages it now. Since you have no other options, just get a fridge for your room. I know people who've had to do this for various reasons...it works.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I have no opinion on the OP whatsoever. I just want to marry the person who said this:
    You really have NOTHING left to eat in your house but a few slices of bread, honey, and jam...? You won't last a week in a zombie apocalypse.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Kill a family member and eat them.

Here are some helpful tips and tricks if you're new to this.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:Cook_A_Human

It's pretty nice because you can freeze portions and eat throughout the winter months. If your family is as horrible as you make them seem I doubt anyone will notice till you dispose of the body. Also as a bonus you'll have dog bones!!
  • figfighter
    figfighter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To everyone talking about "being an adult" and moving out, that's not the point. The point is she feels alone and judged and unsupported so she came to myfitnessPAL and had a little rant like anyone might - here in a place where people supposedly have similar goals. The point is she's trying to plan and prepare and she's being thwarted and the people who should care apparently don't. If you think people shouldn't need support in life to accomplish difficult goals, fine, don't reply. Simple. Surely you don't think people need to be kicked when they are down?

It seems to me like this is probably not a first time something like this is happening. It might seem like a small thing, but I had a family like this, so I know what small things can do. I moved out the day after I graduated high school. But guess what. My mom became handicapped and she moved in with me when I was 27. You can't always control everything in your life just because you're "an adult". Being an adult doesn't mean you never have to put up with the closest people near you not supporting you. Or that putting up with that doesn't matter or hurt.

My mom judged me every single day she lived with me. She drove me into a terrible depression. I had to get professional help. After 5 years I kicked her out. Immediately after I kicked her out, she got cancer and boy was that held over my head. More judgement, guilt, and depression. But if you want me to point to one huge thing she did to me, there isn't one. It was a million daily little things. Well, there was one the day I kicked her out. There aren't easy answers when family is involved.

Yeah it's just ribs or salad one night. But sometimes it goes deeper and it adds up. Geez what a bunch of meanies you all are. Seriously.

Edited this to please later commenters~
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    To everyone talking about "being an adult" and moving out, that's not the point. The point is she feels alone and judged and unsupported so she came to myfitnessPAL and had a little rant like anyone might - here in a place where people supposedly have similar goals. The point is she's trying to plan and prepare and she's being thwarted and the people who should care apparently don't. If you think people shouldn't need support in life to accomplish difficult goals, fine, don't reply. Simple. Surely you don't think people need to be kicked when they are down? It seems to me like this is probably not a first time something like this is happening. It might seem like a small thing, but I had a family like this, so I know what small things can do. I moved out the day after I graduated high school. But guess what. My mom became handicapped and she moved in with me when I was 27. You can't always control everything in your life just because you're "an adult". Being an adult doesn't mean you never have to put up with the closest people near you not supporting you. Or that putting up with that doesn't matter or hurt. My mom judged me every single day she lived with me. She drove me into a terrible depression. I had to get professional help. After 5 years I kicked her out. Immediately after I kicked her out, she got cancer and boy was that held over my head. More judgement, guilt, and depression. But if you want me to point to one huge thing she did to me, there isn't one. It was a million daily little things. Well, there was one the day I kicked her out. There aren't easy answers when family is involved. Yeah it's just ribs or salad one night. But sometimes it goes deeper and it adds up. Geez what a bunch of *kitten* you all are. Seriously.

Paragraphs. Embrace them.

Oh, and the bolded part? ...tsk, tsk...that could get you a warning on here. Just sayin...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,295 Member
    Options
    All I want to know is, how did the word *kitten* make it past the asterisk stage?
  • figfighter
    figfighter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to offend your gentle souls with that foul word. Excuse me.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,295 Member
    Options
    No takesies backsies. You'll be getting a knock on the door shortly.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WOW@ the lack of READING COMPREHENSION....

Good Luck O.P. with school and your family situation. I would try to have a real good sit down with them to explain your needs and how they can be more supportive.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AND..this board is called Motivation and SUPPORT!!!!!!!