So my family bought take out...RANT

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    To everyone talking about "being an adult" and moving out, that's not the point. The point is she feels alone and judged and unsupported so she came to myfitnessPAL and had a little rant like anyone might - here in a place where people supposedly have similar goals. The point is she's trying to plan and prepare and she's being thwarted and the people who should care apparently don't. If you think people shouldn't need support in life to accomplish difficult goals, fine, don't reply. Simple. Surely you don't think people need to be kicked when they are down? It seems to me like this is probably not a first time something like this is happening. It might seem like a small thing, but I had a family like this, so I know what small things can do. I moved out the day after I graduated high school. But guess what. My mom became handicapped and she moved in with me when I was 27. You can't always control everything in your life just because you're "an adult". Being an adult doesn't mean you never have to put up with the closest people near you not supporting you. Or that putting up with that doesn't matter or hurt. My mom judged me every single day she lived with me. She drove me into a terrible depression. I had to get professional help. After 5 years I kicked her out. Immediately after I kicked her out, she got cancer and boy was that held over my head. More judgement, guilt, and depression. But if you want me to point to one huge thing she did to me, there isn't one. It was a million daily little things. Well, there was one the day I kicked her out. There aren't easy answers when family is involved. Yeah it's just ribs or salad one night. But sometimes it goes deeper and it adds up. Geez what a bunch of *kitten* you all are. Seriously.

Paragraphs. Embrace them.

Oh, and the bolded part? ...tsk, tsk...that could get you a warning on here. Just sayin...

you do realize she used paragraphes or didn't your eyes notice the entire line between them...maybe you should get glasses...just sayin...

Dam my eyes must be going also, I dont see no lines.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to eat tonight because my sister "accidentally" gave the last portion of my frozen food (that I make the beginning of the week) to the dog, "mistakenly" thinking it was old. My family said they were going to go get take out. So since I don't have something to eat, I placed my order for ribs and chips which they should bring back home to me because I'm staying to finish my laundry.

They didn't respond to my order with an answer and I assumed they were going to bring it...

When they got back here, they all got double beef burgers with chips and milkshakes...and they didn't bring me my ribs...they bought me an appetizer sized salad...a f****** salad the size of my one hand! There's no food in the house because I'm only going shopping for the week tomorrow...The ONLY thing that I can eat in the house is bread and honey and that stupid salad because they hardly ever buy food in advance.

The fridge literally has this in it:

3 slices of bread
    1 tomato
    Jam

That's IT! And apparently I can't eat that because my grandma put her name on it...

I'm 30g under my protein goal and friggen starving! I'm gonna feel sick of hunger in the middle of the night. :-/

End rant.

aww....I haven't read the rest of the responses (I can only imagine) and don't mean to laugh at your misery, but this totally cracked me up :blushing: I'm sorry you're having a crappy day :flowerforyou:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    To everyone talking about "being an adult" and moving out, that's not the point. The point is she feels alone and judged and unsupported so she came to myfitnessPAL and had a little rant like anyone might - here in a place where people supposedly have similar goals. The point is she's trying to plan and prepare and she's being thwarted and the people who should care apparently don't. If you think people shouldn't need support in life to accomplish difficult goals, fine, don't reply. Simple. Surely you don't think people need to be kicked when they are down? It seems to me like this is probably not a first time something like this is happening. It might seem like a small thing, but I had a family like this, so I know what small things can do. I moved out the day after I graduated high school. But guess what. My mom became handicapped and she moved in with me when I was 27. You can't always control everything in your life just because you're "an adult". Being an adult doesn't mean you never have to put up with the closest people near you not supporting you. Or that putting up with that doesn't matter or hurt. My mom judged me every single day she lived with me. She drove me into a terrible depression. I had to get professional help. After 5 years I kicked her out. Immediately after I kicked her out, she got cancer and boy was that held over my head. More judgement, guilt, and depression. But if you want me to point to one huge thing she did to me, there isn't one. It was a million daily little things. Well, there was one the day I kicked her out. There aren't easy answers when family is involved. Yeah it's just ribs or salad one night. But sometimes it goes deeper and it adds up. Geez what a bunch of *kitten* you all are. Seriously.

Oh, and the bolded part? ...tsk, tsk...that could get you a warning on here. Just sayin...

you do realize she used paragraphes or didn't your eyes notice the entire line between them...maybe you should get glasses...just sayin...

She edited to add lines and remove the statement about a**holes after it was quoted
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

She edited to add lines and remove the statement about a**holes after it was quoted

Great, I was getting ready to go to walmart and get a stronger set of reading glasses. I'm relieved.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm 21. I'm a student who studies from home, because I need to use all the money from the work I do to pay my books and study fees. My parents refuse to pay for it. So unless I go live on the street I can't move out.

They didn't pay for my food. I did.

They used the rest of my money to buy coke.

They comment on EVERYTHING I eat.

"You can't eat meat! It will make you bulky..."
    "You can't eat that, it will make you fat!"

As I said she took MY food and fed it to the dog. There is dogfood in the house. Do you expect me to eat that? :-/

Yes I could go buy my own food. But it's a little despicable to take my money for your own use. And to decide FOR ME what I should and shouldn't eat.

Thank you OP for clarifying, and to the rest of you people who just assume she is lazy F off. I had to live with my parents when I was in school and they always think they know best. Even when youre paying rent/food etc.

I agree with the nuts and jerky comment. I used to hide my snacks in my room ;)

I'd be interested to know if she pays rent. If not, she has a pretty sweet deal for an adult even though she buys her own food. Yeah, the incident she describes seems off, but almost all roommates whether family or not will piss you off sometimes.

Her comment that her parents "refuse" to pay for her education comes off as a little entitled, like her parents should do that.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Buy masking tape at store, date and name everything you have in the fridge, and get an emergency pack of nuts or beef jerky and keep them hidden in your room. I think your family is being a bunch of jerks and that really sucks, and I'd be making someone go out and get me more food or drive me to get it.

And since it was your sister who "accidentally" gave your food to Fido, she should be the one to replace it.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that sometimes things are out of your control. I'm 31 and had to let my mom move in with me, it's hell btw just in case someone out there is like this may be a good idea.

While I've white knighted for some people in the past and got some fun pm's, messages, and hazing in general for it. I'd still do it if I felt like the person needed it.

This sounds like someone who is just making excuses and trying to place the blame on anyone but themselves. If the family isn't supportive I truly will say sorry but unfortunately you have to buck up. Blaming others your entire life will get you no where. So what your family didn't bring you home exactly what you want? So what there isn't food in the refrigerator for you? Guess what life isn't fair and sometimes a swift kick in the (_|_) is exactly what people need.

I'm sure there's more to this story than what was let on but if the story went 100% to the post then she obviously needs to have a sit down with her family and if they can't help her meet her goals she needs to find alternative methods to do so. A friend she can stay with and work a full-time job and still go to school. I did it...it's difficult but that's what you must do.

There are enough government/student assistance programs (hell why do you think our country is in debt) that anyone can use/exploit. Hell you don't even have to work hard to get those!

Anyways, my point is buck up ..if that doesn't work buck up sissy pants.