Sorry But it's REALLLY not worth it to me!!!

Options

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    You have GOT TO change your eating habits....And I will be the one to tell you that this post is RIDICULOUS...Its a waste of time to even write what you did with the food you are eating..
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound harsh but I took a stroll through your food journal and what you think as trying hard, may seem hard to you, but it's the food choices you are making, not the plan.

You need to fix up your diet a bit. Having pop tarts for breakfast and cereal for lunch? Maybe those seem better than what you were eating, but they still aren't good choices. Maybe have the raisin bran for breakfast and a sandwich or soup or salad for lunch. Make some sensible snacks to eat throughout the day. You do not need to give up pop tarts all together but save them for a treat and only eat one.

My diary is puplic if you want to take a look at it. You did go over on 5 out of the 7 days. if you feel hungry and deprived it may be because you are filling up on empty calories.

If you don't want to change those habits then your weight will not follow. I hope you will give it a second try with all the suggestions posted here. Maybe if you do you will find it worth it.

Best of luck to you.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to go into repeating that you need to change what you are eating as well as how much since that's obviously been covered.

However, I am going to talk about you saying it's not worth it. Obviously if you're on here and wanting to try then you WANT to lose weight which is a great start. Now I'm betting you're wishing you could just lose this weight in the snap of a finger and be done, we all wish that. I also bet you were thinking the same thing last year. Losing weight is not easy, as much as so many of us on this site may make it look like a walk in the park we are ALL going through major battles and have had our fair share of rough spots. The biggest point is that time will pass regardless. It may be hard now but do you really want to be looking in the mirror a year from now wishing you would have lost the weight already while starting yet another crash diet? NO! You want to look in the mirror a year from now and be happy with who you are! The time is going to pass and either you're going to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain weight... you might as well try to lose it now! Even a pound a week is something awesome!

The ball is in your court now, you have a ton of information, people, and tools available at your fingertips on this site... but you need to try also! You only get out of this what you put into it :) good luck.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Did you set your calorie level or did you go though the guided calorie set up? I noticed your calories are at 1200. Maybe go though the guided setup again and set it to lose a pound or half-pound a week - that should give you some more calorie wiggle room. Then try to focus on more (but smaller) meals a day. That will keep you from getting really hungry and eating all your calories at one meal.

Keep working at it and logging everything. You'll get there. Try small changes. Like less pizza. Eating a soft pretzel instead of nachos (double check the calories first though, I think the pretzal is healthier but I didn't look it up) Good Luck
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ditto on your choice of foods. I didn't read through all the posts but I can say that I ate that way at 18 and can understand why you are doing the same. Why not??!! You are only 18! However, I can tell you that the choices you make now will affect how you are and the choices you make as you get older. I weighed about 80 pounds when I was your age and could pack away all that junk without consequences (or so I thought at the time!). If you are concerned with your weight and truly want to lose, you need to make the appropriate changes in your diet. Yes, this will require sacrifice... trust all of us old people out there (I'm 48) that it will only get tougher as you age and metabolism slows down. Good luck!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be mean here. You are young. But it is not surprising at all to me now that I looked at your diary. Your food choices are just terrible. Sometimes you are eating under your calories, but a lot of times are you over. But what you are eating in those calories is almost pure junk. Ten McDonald's chicken nuggets for breakfast? Seven pieces of pizza for lunch?

You're eating mostly processed and high sodium foods. YOU CAN DO THIS, but I think you need help from either a doctor/nutritionist or to really do some searching here (look at other people's diaries for example. I won't lie, when I was your age I didn't eat very good at all, it's been a challenge to really turn it around.

Really think about your food choices and add in fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods. No more pop-tarts, fast food etc. (you can have it once in a while of course!!).

Most of all, sit down and think, "Am I really ready to do this right?" I hope the answer is yes. Best of luck!

Took the words right out of my mouth. :happy:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You have GOT TO change your eating habits....And I will be the one to tell you that this post is RIDICULOUS...Its a waste of time to even write what you did with the food you are eating..

my thoughts, exactly. dont eat pizza, pop tarts and junk, and expect to lose. :grumble:
  • firmbug
    firmbug Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are worth it. Try looking into a book I just bought. "Why we get fat and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes, I picked mine up at Barnes and Nobles, it was even 20% off. I think you will be amazed by how much weight you lose following the guidelines and principals he lays out in his book. It's worth a shot if what you are doing is not working. You know the definition of insanity right (do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result) Get the book and do it!! Soon you will be on here posting your success picture!!!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    you're definitely not going to lose weight with the types of food you're eating. i didn't see a single fresh food in the week that i went through. no fruits, veggies, home made types food. you need to shop on the outer isles of the grocery store, produce, dairy and a few bread products. you need to stop eating fast food, pizza, and eating out until you can control what you chose to order. i'm not trying to be mean, but that's why the program isn't working for you. you CAN do this, check out some people's diarys that were successful and copy what they're eating. you need to eat 1200 calories of nutritious food, not of cereal and poptarts.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Congratulations for logging what you ate, that´s really important because otherwise you wouldn´t be able to get all the help you´re getting right now from everyone on this forum! Keep making sure you measure accurately, never give up on that. So you completed one of the most important steps to losing weight. You´re also making use of the network, which is also important, and hopefully we´re motivating you enough! (I know I´d be motivated if I got this many responses on a forum!:) Now that you´re aware of what you´re eating, you could try delicious food such as grilled boneless and skinless chicken breasts with lemon and pepper on them, or baked fish fillets. If you found that too boring you could cook them in a little olive oil. Homemade food can be more filling! Also, a cereal with a lot of fiber and not much sugar will also fill you as well, for breakfast. It´s important to start the day off very well. If you´re well nourished, you have a better chance of getting good grades too because food affects your memory among other things.

I´m posting a daily fitness tip a day on my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/30tips
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I'll be the first to say when I was 18 I had a real bad diet especially after football season was over. I'm not going to rehash anything anyone said, because there was some excellent advice given.

Just looking at the menu you've had today, we can break that down and possibly change a couple of things and reduce calories.

Breakfast was a pop tart. Ok pop tarts are usually loaded with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and corn syrup. If you can avoid all three great, if not try to cut out 2 of the 3. When you begin doing that you'll seperate all kinds of food.

Lunch was a generic ham and cheese sandwich. The advice I'll give is the same I'm taking on my sandwiches. Don't lump it together in generics, make sure you have the portions right. For your wheat bread, make sure it's 100% whole wheat and make sure that no enriched flour is being used. Next count the slices of meat and cheese and get the exact calories, luckily MFP has a ton of foods in the database that will give you very close if not exact readings on calories, etc. Try to add a slice of tomato, lettuce, or some other type of veggie. If you think you want a condiment, throw a slice of avacado on there. Yes it's high cal, but it's full of good things too.

Remember the 4 food groups, they are our friends. I might be showing my age on that. Rule of thumb, if you can't grow it, pick it, raise it, or kill it, don't eat it. When you shop at the supermarket, shop the edges for your food. Start eating fruit, try something new.

Good luck and don't give up. This place is a fountain of knowledge and everyone is willing to give advice. Just be open.
  • amycakes812
    Options

Where is the "like" button when you need it?
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    where the hell are you buying your sandwiches from for one chicken salad on wheat to be over 1000 calories!

Girl take a look at your food!
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

This!
  • gdunn55
    Options
    Also, please tell me you're not on diet pills. I've tried several. They don't work, they all say the same thing.. You must exercise, so why waste money on something that tells you to put the work in when we tell you for free.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Where are the vegetables and fruits?

You're setting yourself up for some serious illnesses.
  • ardnassac
    ardnassac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am going to pass on one of my favorite pieces of advice from these very message boards:

You didn't gain this weight in 3-4 weeks, it takes time to loose it too.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

This!

Not trying to be ugly, however, you cannot EXPECT to lose weight after consuming 6 slices of pizza, pop tarts, 2 cups mac & cheese, McDonalds nuggets and fries, nachos w/ cheese...... You're going to have to start making sensible & logical food choices. If you eat the right things, you will sustain a "full" feeling and you will not have to eat this junk you're consuming. Plus, you WILL start losing the weight. I urge you to check out other people's food diary.
  • gdunn55
    Options
    I am going to pass on one of my favorite pieces of advice from these very message boards:

Lose.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options

Lose.

I want to high-five you.