Vent Page

Options

Replies

• sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    We ate at a Chinese restaurant one time - cheat day for me as it was Sunday - for lunch. And here's this retard on the next table - she was just yakking away wiith a very loud voice, it was impossible not to hear her and she would point out each and every calorie content everybody had on their plates. It was so disgusting, I was almost tempted to shove my crab rangoon down her throat.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I AM SO TIRED... tired of watching every bit of food that goes into my mouth. tired of exercising like a fiend. my husband eats candy corn during the day (yes, candy corn?!?!), has a salad with full fat spicy ranch dressing (my favorite), a cakey chocolate cookie with both chocolate AND vanilla frosting added to it, and he loses 2 1/2 lbs. i barely eat my 1200 calories, work out every night after work, and the scales stay the same. not that i'm trying to lose more, but i have to work so hard just to stay where i am. I AM SO TIRED....
  • kareokemom5
    Options
    I am tired of waiting for my family to agree to change out lifestyle. That is why I joined mfp yesterday. My husband and son are the worst because when I start changing the way we eat and things that are brought into the house they are the first to start gripping. I also have a sister that lives with us. She is 24 and weighs over 400lbs. I have tried so desperately to get her to start this journey with me and she just doesn't seem interested. I worry about her a lot. I also have four daughters. The oldest is overweight about 75lbs. She is not interested either, but she is only 17 and that is a tough age anyway.
    I decided that sometimes you just don't know what is good for you. My family is going to have to submit to a healthier lifestyle or find themselves cooking and eating alone for a while. It is my time to do for me! I have been letting my self go for far to long in order to tend to them!
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It is hard to believe how many rude people are out there! Once, I worked with this girl who was very slim and she was always complaining about her weight, One day, I looked at her really closely and I said, "you know, your butt is gettin kinda big". I thought she was going to have a heart attack right there!

If I'm next to someone at the gym showing off how much smaller and faster they are, I just say....you should slow down, this is how I lost my first 100 lbs! And you can use that anytime people have an attitude about your weight. Just say, wow...really....I can't imagine how I lost 100 lbs eating like this!!

Who's gonna know??? :laugh:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Why is it that when I go to the gym and get on ANY cardio equipment, that someone who runs extremely fast and weighs NOTHING always gets beside me?? There's always tons of other equipment available when this happens!

Do they prey on big slow people?? Does it make them feel better to be beside someone slow? lmao!! GRRRrrr!! Go away so I can sweat and breathe hard alone! :grumble: :angry:

This is precisely why I set up a home gym. I mean, I realize its not for everybody, but we had the space and found deals on the equipment. Now I get to run/elliptical, etc. in the comfort of my own basement, with my own fan blowing on me and my own television right in front of the machines. Nobody sitting on a bike that's set up behind my treadmill watching my butt jiggle while they work out. That was the worst!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    My daughters and I are vegetarian..which means my husband is when he's at home. He doesn't mind. I make awesome meals.

But people seem to be offended that I don't meat. For some reason, they believe my meatfree life gives them the right to comment on me and my child.

"They can't be healthy". Actually, they are. In fact, they are super healthy and have strived since birth.

"But you eat eggs." What is hard to understand? Were eggs once alive? Where they meat? No.

I do eat fish and get even more comments on that!

I just love the comments about my children. My girls who are perfectly proportioned, are not anemic, and are thriving.

I wish people would just STFU. It's no one's dang business.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    My daughters and I are vegetarian..which means my husband is when he's at home. He doesn't mind. I make awesome meals.

But people seem to be offended that I don't meat. For some reason, they believe my meatfree life gives them the right to comment on me and my child.

"They can't be healthy". Actually, they are. In fact, they are super healthy and have strived since birth.

"But you eat eggs." What is hard to understand? Were eggs once alive? Where they meat? No.

I do eat fish and get even more comments on that!

I just love the comments about my children. My girls who are perfectly proportioned, are not anemic, and are thriving.

I wish people would just STFU. It's no one's dang business.

People always have to comment that I don't eat much meat. I eat it when I feel like eating it, but people find some reason to complain that I don't eat it, when I really do.
  • HMKan
    Options
    What? No vents in the last 20 hours? This is my favorite page to read :)

Here's another one, it's similar to my last one but it's still bugging me. I'm so tired of people being condescening on here. It's meant to be a supportive environment. People have found what works for them with their weight loss and they think its "the answer" and want to push it onto everyone else. Everyone has their OWN answer for what works for them. I was on a thread where someone was asking how people can have so much trouble eating their 1200 calories a day (net) and so people presented reasons for both sides. Well, in response, others chimed in with implications that those people who can't meet it are either anorexic or have an eating disorder, or they are lying about how much they're eating, or they're trying to get attention by claiming they're having trouble, or they're messed up in the head because they think eating over 1200 calories makes them fat.

It frustrates me when people tear down others. Especially in an environment where we're exposing our deepest darkest secrets (our weight and our stuggles in losing it) and we're at our most vulnerable. I'd hate it if this site caused someone to gain their weight back.

Ahhhh. Much better.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    What? No vents in the last 20 hours? This is my favorite page to read :)

Me, too!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I hate the exercise room in my apartment complex,its dirty and i mean like 2 inches of dirt on the bottom of the tredmills alot of the stuff is broken,or older than me.Then last time I was there this lady was there with her 5 kids not a one of them oer the age of 10,and they were just going wild.I had a 3 year old jump on my tredmill that was going pretty fast and launc himself into the wall.Not once did the mom say anything to her kids.Not only that but at night that becomes the hang out room for everyone without cable since theres a big screen tv with cable in there errrrrr im not going back ill work out at home:explode:
  • HMKan
    Options
    I hate the exercise room in my apartment complex,its dirty and i mean like 2 inches of dirt on the bottom of the tredmills alot of the stuff is broken,or older than me.Then last time I was there this lady was there with her 5 kids not a one of them oer the age of 10,and they were just going wild.I had a 3 year old jump on my tredmill that was going pretty fast and launc himself into the wall.Not once did the mom say anything to her kids.Not only that but at night that becomes the hang out room for everyone without cable since theres a big screen tv with cable in there errrrrr im not going back ill work out at home:explode:

Ew that's terrible!
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    the problem: Slow metabolism

the rant/vent:
    I have been strict (but not too strict) on my calories, on my exercise, and on my water. I have been good about fruits and vegetables and whole grains, and cutting down sugar, and cutting down sodium, ad nauseum. I trawl the forum here for advice, (like a fish trawler, not an internet troll), I change my diet to see different results.

i do cardio, I do weight lifting, I'm on the C25K, I do war games on the weekends.

and I have lost 15 pounds in 4 months.
    FIFTEEN POUNDS.
    I am NOT a small person! I have a lot to lose and right now I'm stuck at the pace where I can't even lose 5 pounds a month no matter how hard I try!
    Slow and steady?! I feel like I'm going so slow I'm going BACKWARDS. I could scream and cry and curse the sky but where am I left? Alone, crying, miserable, and hoarse. and fat.
    I am 24 and I have the metabolism of a 50 year old! I drink tea, I eat cayenne in my oatmeal (quite good actually), fibre bars, I walk as much as I can at work, I can't remember the last time I really truly threw caution to the wind and pigged the heck out..

And what's more? I've lost 25 pounds since I bought the jeans that I am wearing right this moment and they are STILL snug. SNUG LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT THEM.

I still huff and puff after going up 3 flights of stairs, every day.
    Every day I wake up, check the scale and say "I'm still doing this, I'm working hard, the weight will come off" but today feels like one of those days where I am lying to myself.

I can't even entertain the idea of giving up now.

But I can still be mad.

Poor thing! Maybe stop weighing yourself every day! It's not going to help you lose any faster but there doesn't seem to be a point in torturing yourself daily! At least bring it down to weekly, maybe! Good luck though. Keep going and you'll get there! I'm on a 5 year plan myself! :laugh:
  • HMKan
    Options
    the problem: Slow metabolism

the rant/vent:
    I have been strict (but not too strict) on my calories, on my exercise, and on my water. I have been good about fruits and vegetables and whole grains, and cutting down sugar, and cutting down sodium, ad nauseum. I trawl the forum here for advice, (like a fish trawler, not an internet troll), I change my diet to see different results.

i do cardio, I do weight lifting, I'm on the C25K, I do war games on the weekends.

and I have lost 15 pounds in 4 months.
    FIFTEEN POUNDS.
    I am NOT a small person! I have a lot to lose and right now I'm stuck at the pace where I can't even lose 5 pounds a month no matter how hard I try!
    Slow and steady?! I feel like I'm going so slow I'm going BACKWARDS. I could scream and cry and curse the sky but where am I left? Alone, crying, miserable, and hoarse. and fat.
    I am 24 and I have the metabolism of a 50 year old! I drink tea, I eat cayenne in my oatmeal (quite good actually), fibre bars, I walk as much as I can at work, I can't remember the last time I really truly threw caution to the wind and pigged the heck out..

And what's more? I've lost 25 pounds since I bought the jeans that I am wearing right this moment and they are STILL snug. SNUG LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT THEM.

I still huff and puff after going up 3 flights of stairs, every day.
    Every day I wake up, check the scale and say "I'm still doing this, I'm working hard, the weight will come off" but today feels like one of those days where I am lying to myself.

I can't even entertain the idea of giving up now.

But I can still be mad.

Poor thing! Maybe stop weighing yourself every day! It's not going to help you lose any faster but there doesn't seem to be a point in torturing yourself daily! At least bring it down to weekly, maybe! Good luck though. Keep going and you'll get there! I'm on a 5 year plan myself! :laugh:

I know it's counter-intuitive and maybe not good advice, but take a day and throw caution to the wind. You're used to eating healthy, so you probably won't let yourself go too far off track, but just take 1 day. Maybe your body is holding on to some fat because it's worried it isn't getting enough. I got frustrated for the first time in 2 weeks since actively participating on this site (plus it was a snow day) and ate and drank whatever I wanted. I woke up the next day and broke through my plateau. Can't explain it. And don't recommend going too far overboard or for longer than 1 day, but it might be good for the soul to let loose just once.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options

I know how ya feel. The one at my apts has a (i think) Bowflex-- its missing so many parts its useless, a sationary bike that is in pieces, and 2 treadmills. Onde treadmill will start and about a min after you get going at a good pace just stops for no reason, the other won't even start. and the room is all windows. I wish I could request a discount on my rent since part of the cost is technically cause they have a so called "gym". Ugg. I'm just glad being military I have access to a couple of on base gyms with working equipment.

"An open letter part 2" is another vent page for those interested in reading/adding to it.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I was fixing lunch and I made a whole bunch of mixed vegetables, chicken nuggets, and a baked potato. I get a comment of, after what are you eating, "Vegetables?" *scoffing tone there*; yep, vegetables. And then they say: "How are you cooking the chicken?" Me: "In the fryer, because the oven is very extremely slow, and they don't get cooked as much as I want them."

Seriously, it's my food! Why does it matter?? And then, I ate all my vegetables raw (kidney beans, corn, green beans, peppers) and I ate them cold. "It'd be better if you heat them up" I get told. Well, guess what? Maybe I like cold vegetables!

Grrrr! Well, there's my rant (so far) today...
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    "An open letter part 2" is another vent page for those interested in reading/adding to it.

I'll have to go read this. Apparently, I find these interesting LOL.
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    Way to go...Iam just starting and it's great to see someone having made their first goal!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I want to start screaming (and slapping fools around) every time people who have not seen me in a while (we are talking YEARS here) come up to me and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "Oh my, what happened to you? Last time I saw you you were so small and fit! You used to have a really nice body!" or "Wow, you gained weight!"... All I want to say is "Wow you got old!" or "Wow, you got uglier"... or "Wow, how rude are you??"
    Then they go on to tell me how everyone tells them THEY have not changed and I just have to bite my lip to stop from asking "Have you looked at tyour self in the mirror??"

Wow. Who does that?? My daughter had a pool party for her birthday a couple of years ago. I had recently put on all my extra weight (quit smoking, etc). One of our friends there started teasing me about getting so chunky in front of my exhusband's new (super-young) girfirend and all our friends and family. He just thought it was HILARIOUS to keep pointing out how much I had gained. I'm still pissed at him and it kind of cnahged my opinion of him. Especially since he is short and fat. :grumble:
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My vent's at me. I'm so sleepy and sluggish today because I went stupid crazy last night at a party (didn't even bother to log it -- it was too depressing and I'd have no idea how to even start!). I didn't need those 4 beer (or was it 5?) but they were free, along with the food. And because it was at a stadium, the food wasn't exactly healthy, but I knew that going in. So I started small and fine (roast beef sandwich, mini slider burger, etc) but after a few beer, we found the dessert table and their damn HUGE chocolate chip cookies (I would guess that they had to be 400+ calories EACH). I could have split with my husband, but not only did I grab one myself to eat (took like 5 minutes to eat it it was so big), but I grabbed ANOTHER one to eat while walking. It actually made me sick eating it (so sweet and too much food), and I ate pretty much the whole thing, even though I was sick of cookie right away.

So I'm mad at myself and my beer goggles. I'm back on track today, but yesterday's gorge is still making me sick thinking about it!