P90X Group?

Options

Replies

• Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    @ lovewillow - I did about 40min of the Yoga. It was the first time ever yoga experience for me. The stretching really helped with my muscle soreness. I am feeling so much better this morning! I was kinda bored with it, but I feel like it is something I need to keep working on.
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Man I freakin hate ab ripper x....EVERYTHING gets in the way grr its lide my boobs and belly are in a race to see who can eat my face first?!?! We are on w2d1 and the workout is my toughest one to get through...those push ups are just hard! And those dive bombers...more like crash and burners! I have also been getting so discouraged by the scale :( I seem to have gain 4 pounds since working out and they seem comfortable cause they aren't going anywhere! OK sorry for being a grump...how has everyone else been doing?

Girl you can't let it get you down! It's only been a week...give your body a little time. Don't stress over the scale and try to focus on measurements. Easier said than done, I know. I am preachin this to myself right now too!! LOL! And I hate the Ab Ripper too! But I am determined to do this. It will get easier and we will start seeing the results.
  • alicewoman1
    alicewoman1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First week is the hardest week. Im also really sore but I know next week its getting better :-)
    Stay positive :-)!!
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just finished legs and back (I am doing the Lean version). I really liked that we don't do the same exercise over and over :) I am saving the abs for tonight.
  • lovewillow
    Options
    I think I better start selling tickets to the gun show because I can feel my arms all day long.

Hahahaha I loved that! I feel you on the Yoga thing. I may make the Cardio a permanent fixture on Yoga days.

Great job everyone! I couldn't make myself get up at 6am today so Day 5 will be tonight after work... can't remember what workout it is but I'm ready to bring it!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Day 5 was great! Except I did forget my abs after. Will get to that this afternoon. Seems like I a have been soooo hungry the past couple of days tho! Week 1 is almost over and the soreness pretty much gone. Feeling really good and ready for week 2!
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I did 30 mins of Yogax today. My lower back is a bit ouchy and I found some of the moves painful so I am going to work my way up. I am doing the lean version and finding it a bit too easy....I may switch after next week.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Ladies!

So I am sitting here reading all of your posts and it is pretty motivating. I am on Day 28 and officially finishing up phase 1. I know this may sound crazy, but I can't get enough of it. Today is a rest day... but I am sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out how I can work out and not hinder tomorrow's phase 2 beginning. I have been "working out" for some time now, but I never really got into very good shape. I can honestly say that after only one month of p90, I am in the best shape of my life. Totally motivated to keep it going. The fat is melting away from my trouble areas... and the diet totally works if you commit to it (as im sure you know). Keep up the good work ladies!!! Bring it! :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    hahaha.... oops.

Guess I should have read ALL of the posts before replying... When I said "ladies", I really meant "ladies and gentlemen".

Ladies... Bring it!
    Fellas... Now is the time! Keep pushing play... We got this! Let's gooooooooooooo!
  • lovewillow
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Today is Day 6 of Week 1 for me. Yesterday I did Legs & Back but I'd like to officially change the title to Legs & Butt! I don't have a pull-up bar so all the focus is on my lower half and wooooow was I feeling it this morning! I'm perfectly fine with that though because my behind is my biggest (literally!) problem area and I want it GONE! I've been getting up an extra hour early all week to do my workouts but I didn't yesterday because I would have had to get up at 6am and I was so surprised by how much more tired I was throughout the day than when I workout first thing... interesting :wink:

I had Plyometrics today :sad: I'll be the first to admit it: I wanted to puke, I wanted to pass out, I wanted to crawl in bed and die! But I stuck through it by pushing pause after nearly every single workout and I even made it through Ab Ripper after! And no puking, yay!

Welcome drwstown! I'm glad we are helping to motivate you and your post was definitely motivating to me. Glad to hear that you are a month in and still loving it!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and keep pushing play :smile:
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Day 29... First day of phase 2. Chest, Shoulders, Tris, and Ab Ripper. I absolutely love being at the end of a set and not being able to do one more rep. It's the best feeling. Totally gives me something to work for. On the days when it takes me about five minutes to get up off the floor after ab ripper, I know I brought it! Today was like that for me. So I am sitting at my counter, drinking a shake, and my stomach feels like people are pulling on it from 10 different directions! Life is great... I believe!

Willow... The first time I did plyo was an absolute nightmare. Even though I was in my living room alone, I remember screaming OUT LOUD "this guy is f-ing insane!!!!" haha... Ill tell ya what, I LOVE plyo now. It kicks my butt in a good way! Wait til you do core synergetics! :)

Have a GREAT sunday everyone.... BRING IT!
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Day 10 shoulders and arms and ARX....well I actually love this workout! Last week I used 5's and it was good...sore and all but I felt like I could do more this week so I used 10's and that really did it for me :) but the last 2 I was shaking like a washer on the spin cycle! NOW ARX...we had a long talk and I told it that last time I felt like it was to hard on me and if we were going to move forward with our relationship we would have to take it slowly hehe....my goal is to be able to do atleast 10 of everything in perfect form and then add 3-5 to each rep. each week till I can do them all the right way.....so by round 99 I should be able to do about 18 LOL.
    So that weights do you guys use? What moves are you all struggling with the most and what seem easier this week? I am really worried about one thing...last week I was so sore I didn't know how I would get through the next workout....BUT this week nothing???? Did Plyo and push hard...jumped higher/farther...using heavier weights and still nothing...I 'm not upset that I'm not sore just worried I am not getting results...anyone else finding that week 2 = little to no soreness?
    I am also thinking about switching yoga x for something else...any thoughts?
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Beautifuldisaster....

First things first... Way to go with bringing it harder and faster than last week! Nicely done.
    I found that I was no where near as sore after the first week. I did still have some soreness in my back and legs, but not nearly as much. Keep going as hard as you can... at the end of the workout, you should feel like you could not do another second of exercise. If you are going so hard that you can't do any more, then you are doing it right. Don't worry about the lack of soreness... just keep pushing play. As far as yoga goes (and I know this sucks to read), do not quit. Keep doing yoga... I researched at least ten hours to try to figure out a way to replace yoga. You can't. It is vital in the process. I looked up information on Tony, Coach Wayne, and Coach Josh. They swear by yoga. Wayne and Josh both had the most incredible transofrmations I have ever seen. Stick with it... You can do it! :)

So today is Day 30 for me. While I knew I had seen some results in the mirror, I was VERY nervous about taking my day thirty pics. My girlfriend took the pics this morning before I did plyo and this is what she said "Drew, you are getting a barbie doll!!!"
    Of course my response to this comment was "what the heck does that mean baby?"
    her response.... "You know that V that guys have when they walk around with no shirt on? Kind of like dimples around your hips?"
    I had NO CLUE what she was talking about! But she said it was a good thing....
    I took a look at the photos and I have to say that I really like what I see. 1/3 of the way into this transformation and I do see a significant difference... I will post the photos when I get a chance
    Still Pushing Play... Still Bringin it every day...
    Drew
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Just a quick update... I got on the scale a few minutes ago and it said 191! I have lost 11 lbs during phase one of P90X... Couldnt be more excited. The scale doesn't lie! Workin hard... Pushing play... I believe.
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Just a quick update... I got on the scale a few minutes ago and it said 191! I have lost 11 lbs during phase one of P90X... Couldnt be more excited. The scale doesn't lie! Workin hard... Pushing play... I believe.

Congratulations!! It's so exciting to hear others have success with this! I know it will be worth all the hard work!!
  • lovewillow
    Options
    Hey everyone - glad to see you're still sticking with it!

So W2D1: I hurt myself :frown: All last week after doing Ab Ripper I would notice that if I put any strain on my lower stomach I would feel it stretching really tight, almost to the point that it felt like it was tearing. Well this morning when I got down for my FIRST push-up on Shoulders & Back it definitely felt like my abs TORE. Is this possible??? I've got a really sore spot on the right side just below my bellybutton. I decided to skip Ab Ripper today because I don't want to make it any worse but I felt good about my Shoulders & Back workout. I did 4-5 pushups on my hands with every kind but the diamonds and I even managed a few Dive Bombers!

Beautifuldisaster: Way to BRING IT! I'm only just starting week 2 but I can tell you that with each day that I go to bed hurting like crazy I wake up feeling much better, so maybe we are getting used to it already!

Drwstown: Congratulations!!! Eleven pounds is awesome :wink:
  • Stefani74
    Options

So W2D1: I hurt myself :frown: All last week after doing Ab Ripper I would notice that if I put any strain on my lower stomach I would feel it stretching really tight, almost to the point that it felt like it was tearing. Well this morning when I got down for my FIRST push-up on Shoulders & Back it definitely felt like my abs TORE. Is this possible??? I've got a really sore spot on the right side just below my bellybutton. I decided to skip Ab Ripper today because I don't want to make it any worse but I felt good about my Shoulders & Back workout. I did 4-5 pushups on my hands with every kind but the diamonds and I even managed a few Dive Bombers!

OUCH! Girl that sounds painful! Definitely good idea to let those abs rest! Great job on the push-ups! I hate the Dive Bombers! Week 2 here we come!! :)
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    Hey everyone - glad to see you're still sticking with it!

Beautifuldisaster: Way to BRING IT! I'm only just starting week 2 but I can tell you that with each day that I go to bed hurting like crazy I wake up feeling much better, so maybe we are getting used to it already!

Drwstown: Congratulations!!! Eleven pounds is awesome :wink:

ohh gosh I am sorry to read this! I hope you feel better!! WAY to go with the push ups and dive bombers!!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey everyone... I posted my Day 1 and Day 30 pics this evening... Feel free to take a look if you want.
  • lovewillow
    Options
    Hey everyone... I posted my Day 1 and Day 30 pics this evening... Feel free to take a look if you want.

Wow, awesome job!! If my stomach looks anything like that in 30 days I'll be a happy girl :smile:

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. Fingers crossed that I'm feeling better tomorrow!