I faced death this week

Options

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wow, now that puts every single bad day of mine into perspective in one minute! Thank you for sharing that! I know you have what it takes.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this:flowerforyou:
  • pickle41
    pickle41 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too have a heart condition, Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful experience! Scarey, but look what it has done for you as well as so many of us. I'm full of joy for you and your precious family, that you have a second chance to finish what you have started, keep making those great choices. You have been an inspiration to me right here today.. My heart goes out to you and my prayers will be with you every day. Please be my friend, and together we can change.
  • R0se
    R0se Posts: 10
    Options
    What a terrible thing to have to go through. It makes you realise that we should all count our blessings every day.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. In addition to inspiring me to continue my weight loss journey, it will also help me remember to buckle my seatbelt and drive carefully, and not take any other risks that could take me away from the family that I hold dear.

Please keep us posted on your progress, and keep this account, as you have written it, in a safe place for days when you are frustrated and think that this journey isn't worth it.
  • nvkatie78
    Options
    That is an absolutely amazing story!! I am very Teary eyed right now. God
    bless you and your family.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

I had open heart surgery as a child and have always been hyper aware that I need to treat my body right. I have struggled at times...I have a beautiful 7 year old that needs her mother and I'll do my best to be here for her and teach her how to be healthy too.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Incredible story, beautifully written....thank you so much for sharing! Very inspirational ♥
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Wow! What a story! My heart breaks for your circumstances, but thank you for sharing them along with your incredible resolve to keep trying.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Linda, thank you for sharing your story. I'm really glad that you made it through surgery and your husband and children will still have you around. I'm moved by your strength and determination and wish you success in your future.

Carrie
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this amazing story. It would be horrible to go through that, just thinking about it and having to think I have to leave my family .....hugs to you.....This site is more then just a calorie counter/Journal....it is a support program too.
    I am positive you will be able to achieve all your dream, this is your second chance at life and we are very grateful to be here for you :)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    WOW, Thank you for sharing!!!:flowerforyou:
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You truly are an inspiration!!!
  • Brightlyte
    Options
    I'm so glad you're okay, for you and your family, especially the children. Your story really touched my heart and you are such an inspiration to me. I don't want to end up in that same boat someday and I am doing something about it today. Let's do this together! I also have 100lbs to lose.

Jilly
  • Rachel8129
    Options
    I am so sorry that this happened to you, but in anoher respect, it's probably a very real wake up call. That is so scary and I cannot imagine how you felt. I know when I broke my ankle I freaked out about who was going to watch my children even though they were safe with my parents. Some experiences are so scary that it has to snap us back into the realitty of needing to lose weight and changing. We're all here for you and we're all supporting you along the way.
  • ColeyCannoli
    Options
    I hope you don't mind that I saved this. Your story is soooo inspiring that I would love to be able to read it every time I want to give up. Thank you!!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this!!! for yourself, and for your beautiful family.
  • melle27
    melle27 Posts: 23
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU`R FAMILY . I WILL PRAY FOR YOU .
    AND STAY STRONG.NEVER GIVE UP. I AM HERE FOR YOU.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Holy cow I am crying. Sitting next to my two young children watching a movie (Rugrats) and overcome with emotion. Thanks for the dose of reality. Please feel free to add me as your friend. We're all pulling for your better health! It sure sounds like you can do it!!

((hugs))
  • miagoodart
    Options
    Amazing...that was wonderful and touching...thank you so much for sharing your fear, grief, and overall strength. Gives us all a little bit of a wake up even if our journeys are a little shorter but it touches on many more things in our lives and our families than just in our weight and health. Thank you again.