Snowflakes to Sunshine Week#5 Discussion (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    I was feeling frustrated after my weigh in this week. I gained a pound, and I was expecting a decent loss because I did a six day "jump start" diet and exercise program. I despaired a bit this weekend after that and yesterday I was really bad while watching a sports game. However I am refocused and going to give it ALL I've got this week! My husband said he thinks the six day program was just getting my body ready to go into weight loss mode, and he thinks I'll lose a lot this week. I hope he's right!!
    Hang in there everyone we can do this!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I made my FEB 1st goal of being under 200lbs.
    This was a good week for me. Last week I just reposted the weight from the week before because I had a stomach bug, ICK. So my 2 week weight loss was 4.3 lbs. I am now in ONEdeland:flowerforyou:
    I watched my sodium this week and it seemed to really help.
    I am adding another Zumba class to my week. This is the first time with this instructor so I don't know how it will go, hopping she kicks my butt. :wink:

Congrats at being in onderland! That is awesome!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Stayed the exact same weight this week. At first I was really disappointed and part of me did the whole "why even try" attitude.. but then I remembered how good I'm feeling and how much better my clothes are fitting. I wore a pair of pants yesterday that used to be too tight.. one of those that were tight when you first put them on and then after you wore them for a few hours they stretched out enough to be comfortable lol.. well I put them on yesterday and I didn't have to suck in to fasten the button.. I didn't even realize it until I sat down and thought "hmmm nothing is digging in"

Then the best news is I went to the doctor yesterday and my BP is doing so well that they took me off my medicine. YAY! I am getting healthier.. maybe not lighter this week but healthier.

Woot Woot you are off your meds! You are moving in the right direction!
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning Snowflakes..

I know that our goal is to be healthy, lose weight and reach our weight loss goals and I am always amazed by how incredible I feel after doing yoga. It doesn't have the "burn" that we might be looking for in a work out, but if I ever feel disconnected or a little sluggish, I throw in a few yoga poses before hitting the sheets or when I wake up. I sometimes get away from it because it doesn't pack much omph in the calories burned area, but there are so many different kinds of yoga. Some, like astanga will give you a killer work out that will put you in some calorie torching zones. Others, like slow hatha, will help you to center and be mindful. My favorite is vinyasa yoga, which keeps you moving, stretching and reaching beyond your comfort zone. I get really frustrated about the contradictory information out there about yoga (ie yoga conflicts with religion, yoga isn't enough of a work, yoga won't help you lose weight, etc). But I just wanted to put it out there that yoga can be a wonderful addition to your work out, weight loss journey and all this rambling is my yoga-high talking.
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    I have never done yoga but the last two days I have been doing a little bit of tai chi (is tai chi a form of yoga? lol) and I feel the same way. Somehow even though you are just breathing and stretching in different positions it feels great afterwards :)
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    So, as i shared with you all in earlier texts, I am really motivated and committed to getting/staying fit this time. To keep myself motivated I am committing myself to participate in a public fitness event every other month. My first event is coming up in February. I am doing a 5k for Children with disabilites. I have been training for a few weeks and went on my first official practice 5k run today. I finished in 41.3 minutes. I must say, I did much better then I thought I would. I truly thought 55 minutes would be good. I have a couple more weeks before the run and I hope to be under 40 minutes by then!! Hope you all are enjoying the journey too!!

That is awesome! I am looking forward to doing a 5K in the future...and doing it for charity is even better :). Good luck with your next 5k!
  • Krys_T
    Options

I know that our goal is to be healthy, lose weight and reach our weight loss goals and I am always amazed by how incredible I feel after doing yoga. It doesn't have the "burn" that we might be looking for in a work out, but if I ever feel disconnected or a little sluggish, I throw in a few yoga poses before hitting the sheets or when I wake up. I sometimes get away from it because it doesn't pack much omph in the calories burned area, but there are so many different kinds of yoga. Some, like astanga will give you a killer work out that will put you in some calorie torching zones. Others, like slow hatha, will help you to center and be mindful. My favorite is vinyasa yoga, which keeps you moving, stretching and reaching beyond your comfort zone. I get really frustrated about the contradictory information out there about yoga (ie yoga conflicts with religion, yoga isn't enough of a work, yoga won't help you lose weight, etc). But I just wanted to put it out there that yoga can be a wonderful addition to your work out, weight loss journey and all this rambling is my yoga-high talking.

I was actually just thinking about grabbing some yoga DVDs for a "rest" day workout...I have done it before and I liked how relaxed it made me feel!
  • Krys_T
    Options

I was actually just thinking about grabbing some yoga DVDs for a "rest" day workout...I have done it before and I liked how relaxed it made me feel! Do your yoga girl..don't let anyone talk that negative stuff to you about it! LOL
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I lost! I lost I lost I lost!!
    I'm down 1.5 lbs from last week and 4.5 lbs overall. Thank goodness cause I was starting to get a little disappointed. I kept a close eye on my calories this week (plus I went back to work after vacation so I can't think about eating as often) and I woke up every morning at 5am to exercise except Friday.

So, minigoals this week:
    1) at LEAST 8 cups of water a day (I did slack on the water a bit, but I drink a lot of non-caffeinated tea and didn't add that into my water intake)
    2) 5am wake ups and 30 day shred level 2 every AM
    3) More fresh veggies! already bought a ton at the store yesterday

Great job on the loss! Great goals you are setting for next week! Level 2 30 Day Shred is no joke lol
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Hi Snowflakes! :smile: My goals last week were to stay off the scale until Friday and to drink more water. Well, I stayed off the scale and actually felt like a much saner person for it. I can't believe I did it, but I'm glad I did. I used to think that I HAD to weigh myself everyday otherwise I might mess up. However, I was becoming to anxious about the fluctuations. I feel happier this week and less stressed for not stepping on the scale.

As for water... still working on that. I did better at the end of the week. I had a 1.7 pound loss this week which I'm really excited about. From Week 2 and Week 3 I was one of the people who gained (1.5). I lose that 1.5 last week and now another 1.7. I'm sure that the gain was water retention. I'm expecting something similar to happen again. I may gain next week or stay the same. I think anytime I change my workout or increase the intensity I need to be prepared for that.

I've done 8 days of Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred and plan on 2 more days at Level 2 then it's on to Level 3. I'm also going to continue with the Zumba and Just Dance for Wii and try to make it to the gym for elliptical and the treadmill a few days a week.

Congrats to everyone, whether you saw a loss or not. We're all working hard; we're committed to this and trying out best and that's amazing! We can't let any minor setbacks throw us off track. We may not lose 40 pounds by June 1, but we'll be stronger, healthier people who can be proud of what we've accomplished.

Have a great week!!! :heart:

Great job on the loss! And look at you almost done with Level 2 of 30 Day Shred...WOO! That one is one heck of a workout! I'm on day 4 and I'm dying lol! But its a good burn :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    am so excited about a new week and a new month. I have some great plans for February that should help me cut down on my late night snacking. I am allowing myself 3 free days in February. Super bowl, all-star game and Valentine's day. My husband and I are doing a February challenge where we don't eat after 9pm. I really hope this helps with my loss for next week.
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    am so excited about a new week and a new month. I have some great plans for February that should help me cut down on my late night snacking. I am allowing myself 3 free days in February. Super bowl, all-star game and Valentine's day. My husband and I are doing a February challenge where we don't eat after 9pm. I really hope this helps with my loss for next week.

Good support right at home! Nice plan...
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    *hugs to everyone*

It is sad to see other people struggling, but at the same time it is nice to see that I am not the only one having a hard time in this competition. I feel like I am doing so poorly because I know I will not have lost 40 pounds by the end of it, and that makes me sad. But I see that some people are happy with the weight loss that I am losing, so it is just to see people being optimistic. I need to try that. haha. I guess when it comes to weight I just feel like I could do better. I mean we all know how to lose weight. We all know how to lose weight. We know what we need to do. Sometimes we are even doing those things, but it just doesn't want to seem to come off. I think that's what bothers me the most. I try so hard. I am eating around 1500 calories every day. Some days a little more (never more than 1800) some days a little less (never under 1300). I try to alternate the calories so my body doesn't get to use to it. I burn around 3000 calories a week through exercise. I mean, realistically I should be losing around 2 pounds a week. I am sure it has to do with all the medication, but still. It sucks. I will probably have to go to the doctor on soon because my period still hasn't gone away. It has been 24 days now. Ugh.

Sorry I am sharing this with everyone, I guess I am just trying to use this for support. I know that is what it is here for, but you know? Sometimes I feel like I just complain a lot. I guess I am just discouraged. I need to keep my head up because if I bring myself down about my weight it will never come off.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I've had the flu all week, so I have barely eaten anything and I haven't weighed in. I don't even have to weigh in to know I've lost weight this week, but it's all because of the flu so it will probably not stay off.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    *hugs to everyone*

It is sad to see other people struggling, but at the same time it is nice to see that I am not the only one having a hard time in this competition. I feel like I am doing so poorly because I know I will not have lost 40 pounds by the end of it, and that makes me sad. But I see that some people are happy with the weight loss that I am losing, so it is just to see people being optimistic. I need to try that. haha. I guess when it comes to weight I just feel like I could do better. I mean we all know how to lose weight. We all know how to lose weight. We know what we need to do. Sometimes we are even doing those things, but it just doesn't want to seem to come off. I think that's what bothers me the most. I try so hard. I am eating around 1500 calories every day. Some days a little more (never more than 1800) some days a little less (never under 1300). I try to alternate the calories so my body doesn't get to use to it. I burn around 3000 calories a week through exercise. I mean, realistically I should be losing around 2 pounds a week. I am sure it has to do with all the medication, but still. It sucks. I will probably have to go to the doctor on soon because my period still hasn't gone away. It has been 24 days now. Ugh.

Sorry I am sharing this with everyone, I guess I am just trying to use this for support. I know that is what it is here for, but you know? Sometimes I feel like I just complain a lot. I guess I am just discouraged. I need to keep my head up because if I bring myself down about my weight it will never come off.

Ok first..don't call this a competition...the only prize anyone is winning is a healthier lifestyle, some great support, and hopefully a lot of tips and tricks to last for many years :). I would also think that the medication is having something to do with it...look at it like this...that 1lb means you burned 3500 more calories in a week than you ate! Think back to when you were gaining weight...would you ever think you could burn that many calories!? So pat yourself on the back girl...and even when you go to the doctor..ask the doc what you can do to see a bigger loss. Heck, that's what doctors are there for lol! But stay encouraged girl...everything will work out fine. As long as you are staying consistent and making good choices...you are revving yourself up to have a healthier lifestyle.
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    A quick link to a permanent thread on MFP that I found a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

It seems like several of us (me included) have hit the infamous "wall" that the writer talks about. I'm about 1 to 1 1/2 months in, and I seem to have hit a plateau that I can't get past. It is SO HARD to not be discouraged some times, but his explanation makes me want to keep pushing. There is a new 24-hour exercise challenge group for February, so for those who want an exercise goal, check it out. I'm hoping it will help to get me over this hump!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump...

I forgot to weigh myself on Friday (forgot) but I did do it this morning and I am still the same (208)..not sure why :( I did stay with in my calorie range but didn't do much exercise (extreamly busy). I am going to work extra hard this week. I hate that I have to work 2x more because my body works in snail pace...

be back later..I have to read all the posts
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Hi everyone! :happy:

Last week I felt like I was slacking, but am trying really hard to have a net calorie of 1200. That can be a lot harder than it sounds - felt like I was constantly eating at times. LOL - In fact one of my daughters made a comment about me munching and had to explain what I was doing. She is a total math geek and she got it immedicately. So next time she went for a snack she offered me some and refilled my water cup. :drinker:

A couple of exciting things have happened - one is a total NSV - I got to go 'shopping' in my skinny clothes and pulled out a few outfits plus some for the next couple of inches lost from waist and hips. The second is that both of my older daughters (14 & 12) are now going to the gym with me. It is great to see them taking care of their bodies - I don't want them to go thru this same struggle that I am going thru.

This coming week - as a family (husband, daughters, and I) we are going to start the C25K. We are getting a jogging stroller from a friend for $20 which means we can take the baby with us. I downloaded a C25K app to my phone to help us with the program.

Good luck all!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    i lost .6lbs this past weigh-in. i'm a little bummed but i'm now going to focus on having a great february. my goal for feb is to finally hit that 40lb loss mark and lose a few more lbs (43-45 to be exact). i need a good loss to keep me focused! i really want to hit that 50lb mark by the end of march so i stay on track with my goals. i really think i can do it! here's to no more plateaus for a while!!

keep up the great work everyone!
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Snowflakes!! Happy Monday :) I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! I spent the weekend relaxing, lounging and shopping, and unfortunately I did not get to workout yesterday. I also havent worked out today yet but I plan to later this evening. I am having some dificulties getting up in the morning to workout...this sucks because if i dont workout in the morning I have no motivation to do it at night because it makes it harder for me to get to sleep at night....oh well gotta start forcing myself to get up in the morning LOL!!