FAT 2 FAB Challenge!!!!

Options

Replies

• thenson40
    thenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! After a 2 week plateau I am happy to report I have lost 2 POUNDS!!! I'm am officially out of the 230's and never going back! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! New Challenge will be posted today! I recruited the help from Mary and she came up with the BEST idea! Be excited!!!!

Challenge SW: 235
    Week Four CW: 228!!!!
    Total loss: 7lbs
  • TanyaH321
    TanyaH321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yay Taylor! That's awesome! I finally got past my plateau as well.

Today's weight - 237 lbs
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    Hooray for getting past plateaus!! Way to go ladies!! :tongue:

My current weight is 227.2 - lost 3.6 lbs.

Have a great Monday!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    great job! I left work far too early this morning and didn't weigh myself and now I'm sure the number would be messed-up since I usually weigh in the morning. Sorry about the slip up :( I'll be sure to weigh myself first thing tomorrow and post it. This week has been awful so you all are the only reasons why I'm weighing in at all!
  • FineJC2007
    FineJC2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok good news to report .... lost 2lbs current weight is 223 .... sorry didn't place weight last week ... I was the same at 225lbs last week. Hope everybody lost this time. I think it would be awesome at the end of this challenge to have a total of combined weightloss from each participant.
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    174 sorry Im late
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    okay TOM officially sucks...it says I've gained 4.2lbs and I know I didn't consume 14,000 extra calories! and I worked out and everything this week. Ugh! :( 149.0lbs REALLY SCALE REALLY?!
  • thenson40
    Options
    Name............Start Weight...........Current Weight............Week 4 Loss............TOTAL LOSS

Taylor................235.............................228..............................-2................................-7
    Mary..................238.............................227.2..........................-3.6............................-10.8
    Tanya...............244.............................237...............................-2................................-7
    Stephanie.......179.............................174...............................-0.................................-5
    Sam.................148.8..........................144.8.............................?................................-4
    Eddie...............228.............................223...............................-2................................-5
    ltfitz...................180.............................?.....................................?.................................?

Ok people here it is!!! Our first month of weight loss!!! Below is your average weightloss per week (remember health professionals say a healthy weightloss is 1-2 pounds per week!) I didn't add Sam or ltfitz b/c I don't know they're new weights but I will update when they respond! :)

Taylor: 1.75 lbs
    Mary: 2.7 lbs (over-achiever! :wink: )
    Tanya: 1.75 lbs
    Stephanie: 1.25 lbs
    Eddie: 1.25 lbs

Wow great job you guys!!! Our group total loss for the month of January is 42.8 lbs!!! Woohoo awesome loss! (and that's not counting Sam for one week and ltfitz for 2 weeks) Keep it up guys!

CHALLENGE!!!:

Ok so I feel like our enthusiasm and momentum is slowing down just a little bit SO (with the help of my trusty and over-achieving partner) Mary came up with a great idea! This weeks challenge is to try something NEW!!! I want you to try a new workout and healthy recipe then come back and report to us! Did you like it, did you hate it!? Should the rest of us try it? This is a fun way to change up your workout routine and also add some fun new recipes that your family will love!!! You don't have to stop at just one workout or recipe, if you try something new everyday let us know about it!! Check in daily to see all the new fun things you can try! Please keep up with your food journal and water intake!!!

I will start by telling you about a workout I tried last week and am doing it again this week! It's ZUMBA!!! I'm sure you've heard of it but if you haven't you've gotta try it!!! I went to a class and the mixture of the loud pounding music and the energy given off from the rest of the group, I was in sweat heaven! It's basically a combination of salsa dancing, aerobics, kickboxing, and hip hop mixed together!!! The next morning not only were my legs sore but my arms, butt, hips, abs, and chest were sore too! It is a full body workout! If you're thinking to yourself "but Taylor I can't dance!" I say 'SO WHAT" half the ppl there couldn't dance! It's not about being a pro it's about moving your money maker and burning MAJOR CALORIES! I wore my heart rate monitor and in that 60 minute class I burned 1031 calories! wow! So my review is 5 STARS!!! I love it and know you will too!!!
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    Buahahaha Over-achiever, that's funny :laugh: I am so proud of all of us losing 42 pounds!! That's the weight of a small child! Yowzah!

Well I have not tried a new workout yet, but will this week for sure. There are some leg exercises I want to try. Zumba I am definitely going to check out, and I will be that girl that has no rhythm shaking her money maker!! Hahaha. I did try a new recipe last night that was super cheap, super easy and pretty nomtastic. I think anyway.

Saute vegetables, we did mushrooms, zucchini, onion, red pepper and added black olives at the very end. Make whole grain noodles, we used rotini. Add the vegetables to the noodles, add some soy sauce. Doesn't sound like much but it was good. We added some various spices and let our vegetables simmer a little bit in vegetable stock. I also added tofu, but you can add chicken, or tofu :wink: I highly recommend it if you're running out of time and have some extra veggies in your fridge that you need to get rid of. I think when I added it into the system it had around 260 calories for HUGE servings (I didn't know how much it would make so I put it as 4 servings when can probably be 8-10, we have a lot left)

I like this new challenge and hope to try one new healthy recipe a week.

Great job everyone, we're doing awesome. Sam, I'm sure you'll lose that weight and then some next week, TOM sucks for sure!!!
  • thenson40
    Options
    Buahahaha Over-achiever, that's funny :laugh: I am so proud of all of us losing 42 pounds!! That's the weight of a small child! Yowzah!

Well I have not tried a new workout yet, but will this week for sure. There are some leg exercises I want to try. Zumba I am definitely going to check out, and I will be that girl that has no rhythm shaking her money maker!! Hahaha. I did try a new recipe last night that was super cheap, super easy and pretty nomtastic. I think anyway.

Saute vegetables, we did mushrooms, zucchini, onion, red pepper and added black olives at the very end. Make whole grain noodles, we used rotini. Add the vegetables to the noodles, add some soy sauce. Doesn't sound like much but it was good. We added some various spices and let our vegetables simmer a little bit in vegetable stock. I also added tofu, but you can add chicken, or tofu :wink: I highly recommend it if you're running out of time and have some extra veggies in your fridge that you need to get rid of. I think when I added it into the system it had around 260 calories for HUGE servings (I didn't know how much it would make so I put it as 4 servings when can probably be 8-10, we have a lot left)

I like this new challenge and hope to try one new healthy recipe a week.

Great job everyone, we're doing awesome. Sam, I'm sure you'll lose that weight and then some next week, TOM sucks for sure!!!

LOVE this recipe idea Mary!!! I now know what my fam is having tomorrow night!!!! THANKS!!
  • thenson40
    Options
    Hey fellow weight losers!!! I got an email this morning from the Biggest Loser and I really like some of the content! Thought I'd share....My favorite is # 3. Enjoy!

Top 3 Weight Loss Tips
    Insights from BLC expert Michael Scholtz

1. Use Exercise to Get What You Want Out of Life
    Many people look at exercise only as a way to burn calories. How boring! If that were the only reason to move, I'd skip it too. Think of exercise as a means to get other things you want in life; a walk on the beach, a trip to the museum, playing soccer with your kids. Then, as you get stronger, actually go out and DO those things. There are hundreds of rewards of being active that have nothing to do with calories and scales.

2. Seek Support
    You can't do it alone. It's true that you have the power to make your own choices and only you can control your success. But having a great support network gives you two very powerful weapons. First, being accountable to someone helps you take an objective look at both your victories and your challenges. And second, having someone to lean on in the tough times is invaluable.

3. Quality Beats Quantity
    More, more, more is a dead end road when it comes to exercise. Eventually you're going to run out of time in the day. Plus, there is some evidence that exercising more than an hour per day increases your chances of dropping your workout program altogether. If you're already exercising 30 — 60 minutes on 4 - 6 days per week, focus your attention on making your exercise more challenging instead of longer.
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    Hey fellow weight losers!!! I got an email this morning from the Biggest Loser and I really like some of the content! Thought I'd share....My favorite is # 3. Enjoy!

Top 3 Weight Loss Tips
    Insights from BLC expert Michael Scholtz

1. Use Exercise to Get What You Want Out of Life
    Many people look at exercise only as a way to burn calories. How boring! If that were the only reason to move, I'd skip it too. Think of exercise as a means to get other things you want in life; a walk on the beach, a trip to the museum, playing soccer with your kids. Then, as you get stronger, actually go out and DO those things. There are hundreds of rewards of being active that have nothing to do with calories and scales.

2. Seek Support
    You can't do it alone. It's true that you have the power to make your own choices and only you can control your success. But having a great support network gives you two very powerful weapons. First, being accountable to someone helps you take an objective look at both your victories and your challenges. And second, having someone to lean on in the tough times is invaluable.

3. Quality Beats Quantity
    More, more, more is a dead end road when it comes to exercise. Eventually you're going to run out of time in the day. Plus, there is some evidence that exercising more than an hour per day increases your chances of dropping your workout program altogether. If you're already exercising 30 — 60 minutes on 4 - 6 days per week, focus your attention on making your exercise more challenging instead of longer.
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    Grr I only wanted to copy a section and obviously I am unable to work a computer....anyway. I love #3 as well, that makes a lot of sense.....as well as the whole thing! I want emails from the Biggest Loser!
  • thenson40
    Options
    Hey guys I tried the most AMAZING egg roll recipe!!! It is SUPER low calorie and practically NO fat!!! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
    6 large square egg roll wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
    4 cups (about half of a 12-oz. bag) dry coleslaw mix
    One 6-oz. can (4 oz. drained) tiny shrimp, drained
    1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into strips
    1/4 cup bean sprouts, chopped
    2 scallions, chopped
    1 stalk celery, thinly sliced widthwise
    2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp. crushed garlic
    1/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/8 tsp. salt
    dash pepper
    Optional: sweet & sour sauce, for dipping

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place slaw mix in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. of water, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain any excess water, and transfer slaw mix to a large bowl. Add all other ingredients except for the wrappers, mix well, and set aside. (For more intense flavor, allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.) Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray.

Place two egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto each wrapper, in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly.

Fold the sides of each wrapper about 3/4-inch towards the middle, to keep the mixture from falling out of the sides. Then, roll the bottom of each wrapper up around the mixture, and continue rolling until you reach the top. Seal the outside edge with another dab of water. Carefully transfer egg rolls to the baking sheet.

Repeat process twice with remaining wrappers and filling, making sure you have a clean, dry surface each time.

Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. If you like, dip egg rolls in some sweet & sour sauce!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 2 egg rolls
    Calories: 189
    Fat: 0.75g
    Sodium: 949mg
    Carbs: 33.5g
    Fiber: 3.5g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 12.5g

POINTS® value 3*

HG Alternative! If you're not into shrimp so much, just swap 'em for 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms and you'll have fantastic veggie egg rolls. Woohoo!
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    That sounds fantastic! I may have to try that this weekend! Perfect little healthy super bowl snack
  • TanyaH321
    Options
    Well, my weigh in is not as good as I thought it was gonna be yesterday. I went to a pizza buffet with the MIL and kids after church and, even though I ate quite a bit less than I used to, I still must have over did. I'm 1 lb more than what I was yesterday. So, with a heavy heart, I must report that my weight today is only 236 lbs.
  • thenson40
    Options
    No worries Tanya!!!! That's a success that you didn't overdo it at the buffet! Pizza is one of my weaknesses!!!

SW for challenge: 235
    CW for challenge: 226

Loss for week 5: -2 lbs!!!!

I'll take those 2 pounds and celebrate!!!!
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    You're still doing amazing Tanya!

Taylor, great job on your two pounds!

SW 238
    CW 224.8

Last weeks weight loss -2.4 lbs
  • TanyaH321
    Options
    Mary, wow 2.4 lbs! That's awesome!

2 lbs Taylor. Way to go!

You ladies are doing so great! So proud of you!

I wish I could be proud of my 1 lb but I'm not. Especially since yesterday morning it was 235. I knew I should have exercised last night but I wanted to take a break on Sunday. I'm losing this weight so slowly. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever get below 230, much less my goal weight. I'm exercising but having trouble with eating healthy a few days a week. I'm good if I don't go out to eat and don't cook. If I cook for my family, I cook that same stuff I used to, just try to eat less. It doesn't always work out that way. If I don't cook, I can get by with a sandwich or a bowl of cereal or something like that. We don't have alot of money so I haven't figured out how to cook healthy and on a budget. Plus what to cook that my kids will eat. So, as you can imagine, I am struggling right now. Anyway, sorry for all that. I'm just frustrated right now.
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    172 YAY 2 pounds