Profile pics-rant

Options

Replies

• Charlie001
    Options
    Although I could have used his power on thursday when *kitten* rammed my car.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    HA! Too funny - my profile pic is obviously not me
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

That's not you? Whew!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

That's not you? Whew!
    Whew? If that was her, we need youtube video. I have seen a piano playing cat, now maybe a typing dog. Amazing!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My pics are posted in my profile - I use this one because I like it and it has meaning to me
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    <
    This snuggly little pitbull is more therapeutic to look at than my face!! :happy:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking of putting up a picture of a plate of cookies or a big cupcake with yummy frosting.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make. I really am Brad Pitt. My av pic is just some ugly guy.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make. I really am Brad Pitt. My av pic is just some ugly guy.

Brad, Can I be your friend?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Boo Brad Pitt
    Yum Johnny Depp
    Yum Brandon Lee (rip)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to see current photos of a person but it doesn't bother me either way.

I don't like when a person doesn't put any photo at all.....I hate that little blue default guy.
  • mandalina23
    Options
    Ugh I hate profile pictures because unless shot really well, the camera always makes me look like a double chinned ninja turtle!lol But I see what you are saying. I am looking forward to a few months when i can post a new picture with my stomach I will be obtaining!!! :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I really take offense to the people who think those who don't show their current pic aren't working out hard enough.

My current profile picture is from about 3 years ago. It is not current, but it is me after losing about 25 pounds. At the time, I thought I still looked horrible. Right now I am just trying to get back there (and then keep going!) My profile pic is one of the motivations to keep going and not give up like I did last time. (It is also clearly labelled as an older picture... and I am sure that I will post a more current one at some point as well)

I do like seeing current pictures of people, but not everyone is comfortable with that. A current picture doesn't *have* to be your profile pic though, it could just be one of the many in your pictures folder (where I do have more recent pictures as well).
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    <
    This snuggly little pitbull is more therapeutic to look at than my face!! :happy:

Maybe to a bull dog, but not to a Road Dog.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My profile pic was taken a year or two ago at my heavest 230 lbs I have since lost 40 of that but I just like the picture lol
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    All my pictures are fairly recent. I don't like lying or deception of any sort. Plus, if I'm brave enough to chat about how much I weigh, my embarassing body issues, etc... then I'm brave enough to post my face! :smile:

Additionally... it's unlikely but I HAVE chatted with a few people who live in the same city as me. If we were to ever run into each other and a picture were to be 60lbs off from the person's ACTUAL body.. there'd be some explaining to do! :laugh:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I really am a small black box with clever writing on it.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I guess that doesn't work if I change my pic, huh?
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    This is me from 1/25/2011. Workin' the cam just right. ;)

Lighting is too bright which means wrinkles and gray hairs aren't noticeable.
    Angling the head hides the double chin.
    Scarf to create a longer slimmer neck.
    Stand up, shoulders forward, hip moved to one side and it almost appears that I have a waist. And trust me, after 14lbs of twins there is no waist to be found. I've looked, but it's still hiding. ;)

I have some ‘great’ unflattering pictures my friends have taken. Maybe one day, when I’ve lost a few tons (okay 70lbs) ;) I’ll be happy to share some before and after. But till then I’m using my cam taking methods. Take a 100, delete 99! ;)
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    OK, OK, I admit it, I'll come clean. This isn't really a picture of me..................................My real name is Jennifer Aniston and I weigh about 80lbs! (BTW Brad Pitt TRUELY isn't all that ladies!) :laugh: