Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if there's any correlation between alcohol and osteoporosis?

Not sure, but leaning toward a yes, I know, pop definitely does....here's a tip, take calcium supplements with vit C and not with iron....iron and calcium compete to bind which effect absorption
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if there's any correlation between alcohol and osteoporosis?

Not sure, but leaning toward a yes, I know, pop definitely does....here's a tip, take calcium supplements with vit C and not with iron....iron and calcium compete to bind which effect absorption

Good to know.

Happy February fellow lushes. Robin, how was the wedding? Hope everything was beautiful and if it was not I am sure nobody noticed.

Cristy - congrats on the 30 days!

For those of you that drink most days :bigsmile: do any of you have trouble sleeping or have weird dreams on the days you are not drinking? DH is feeling worse instead of better.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ima social lush and want to be part of this great group too....Cheers!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    the wedding was beautiful, I can't wait to get some photos to post. It was exhausting but that is okay. I am glad to be home but now I have to get used to working and the job isn't really coming together the way I thought it would. I see a lot of wine in my future.:drinker:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Glad to see the February thread. I did NOT change my habits on my trip to Florida, so wonder of wonders, I gained weight. +Sigh+
    Back on track today. Why is it so darn hard to lose and so quick to come back?
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I've been good since Sunday and even cut out eating as many carbs .... In reality I'm trying to save up for Superbowl Sunday and club night Saturday ... and end of week Friday ... haha ... ok ... I'm saving for the weekend.

Have a great week everyone.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Glad to see the February thread. I did NOT change my habits on my trip to Florida, so wonder of wonders, I gained weight. +Sigh+
    Back on track today. Why is it so darn hard to lose and so quick to come back?
    What I heard was that fat cells never go away, they just shrink. so one splurge and they're there-just waiting to fill up again. Kinda sad:sad:
    lipo is starting to sound like a good option:tongue:
  • BrittBrat78
    Options
    I would like to know everyone's favorite drink.... i need some newer ideas besides drinking beer.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    my favorite is vodka tonic but I switched to club soda for the 0 cals. I also love a marg and red wine.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and sugar free red bull and vodka, soda, with lemon and lime juice--my favorites are pomegranate or clementine vodka with soda.

I'm having a grapefruit vodka with sf red bull right now. Yum!

(I also just got back from playing 2v2 volleyball for 90 minutes, so I feel okay about the cals!)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I don't stop my consuption just try and plan for it. Two days a week i let loose though.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    My drink of choice is anything with tequila.... But as of late i've been doing vodka with crystal light.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in this category. I love my vodka tonics (or a vodka martini if Hubs is feeling generous enough to make me one :smile:) and while I have cut way down on them, I can't give them up completely. I don't count red wine as an alcoholic beverage or a BAD thing at all because it has and always will be part of my healthy lifestyle. I attribute my amazing blood work to regular fish and red wine consumption....but I digress.

I have given up ice cream, soda, pizza, french fries, fast food, and a host of other things. You can take my vodka from my cold, dead hands. :laugh: I don't have it much, but I am just not willing to compromise. I tried club soda (gag) and diet tonic (gag again) and decided it's just worth it to me to work a little harder that day and have my drink or 2.

I love this thread, all you get here is a lot of "DON'T DRINK THAT!!" and it's sad. Alcohol can be part of a healthy lifestyle!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I love this thread, all you get here is a lot of "DON'T DRINK THAT!!" and it's sad. Alcohol can be part of a healthy lifestyle!

Yep I'll drink to that! :drinker: :happy:

Well I am enjoying my freedom to be lushy week but am actually still pretty well controlled. I've had 2 glasses of red wine on both Monday and Tuesday nights, then tonight I decided on a shot of vodka, I still have half a bottle of red wine open and I'm sure that will be enjoyed soon. I've had loads of calories left so could've have drunk more and still stayed within my calories but I just haven't felt the need to. I guess it shows that the more I try to deny myself something the more I want it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I would like to know everyone's favorite drink.... i need some newer ideas besides drinking beer.

I like skinny margaritas...tequila, nectar and lime juice

MAJOR breakthrough today...went out with my drinkin' BFF and didn't stop for drinks which we usually do...now, I just have to workout...still have to get through tonight
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good for you Kim. I was so incredibly bored at work today that I want to drink. I hope that if I get my but on the treadmill I will feel better.
  • rlmarti4
    rlmarti4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First day on my diet I decided to celebrate with tequila and orange juice...and a few shots. Now I'm just trying to work out extra hard for Hockey Fri, UFC Sat., and Super Bowl Sun.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    First day on my diet I decided to celebrate with tequila and orange juice...and a few shots. Now I'm just trying to work out extra hard for Hockey Fri, UFC Sat., and Super Bowl Sun.

Well, who needs food?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Beer is my preferred but for mixed drinks Captain n Coke although a spicy Bloody Mary on the golf course in the morning is pure heaven.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like anything vodka and anything wine. Although i've really cut back on the wine. Maybe 1 bottle a week instead of 3-4. Also i recently started with the vodka and club soda too once I realized that there are like 90 calories in tonic water and 0 in club soda.