How did you come up with username?

Options

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've had OLP since my favourite band started in the early 90's. I just added 76, some sites now need more than 3 letters. I use it as 'Our Lady Pauline' 76 is my birth year... all my friends who know me, has always known my nickname. It makes it easier on emails & when they hear a Our Lady Peace song play on the radio - they think of me LOL... :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    binary - because I am a computer nerd and this is all 1's and 0's anyway
    jester - Jesters because they combine mirth and malice.

I used to go by fatal_xception but people thought I was a haxor
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Holy crappers. I was an OLP junkie. I still enjoy them but I haven't heard anything new from them in minute. I still remember sittin on the bus with my yellow sony walkman listening to 'automatic flowers' or 'superman's dead.' Ah, those were the days.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    La Femme Nikita.
    LOVE that movie. Hated the american remake.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Mine is my e-mail address, the same e-mail account I created in grade 10 when hotmail was first invented (97-98).

It was the first thing I thought of at the time, that I'm almost always in a good mood, always smiling then jazzed it up with a Z at the end as all creative 15 year olds do ;)
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    I'm a professional DJ, when I started in the 70s I played mainly Soul music.

I only use it on websites on the internet.

Compared to websites on shelves in libraries? KIDDING!!! Jokes jokes, good name!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Mine is my e-mail address, the same e-mail account I created in grade 10 when hotmail was first invented (97-98).

It was the first thing I thought of at the time, that I'm almost always in a good mood, always smiling then jazzed it up with a Z at the end as all creative 15 year olds do ;)
    At least it wasn't "heathersmilez69".
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Kristy - My name
    Kat - Old nickname
    182 - The band blink182 (They were one of my favs in my teenage years)

I have had this username for many things since 2000.

Same age as me and you're giving up on Blink? We went to their return concert a week before our wedding August 2009 (like all but that was most recent) hubby (who is/was the real fan) promised we wouldn’t go in the pit this time for fear of getting a black eye for our wedding but we ended up rushing to the front like we always do. It was a well timed wedding gift and I wanted to toss an invite on stage but for $22 an invite and 0% chance of them comming, nah.

No injuries but he lost his belt (and it was an expensive give from Calgary with a FSAS buckle) and I lost my bra. How you ask? His buckle flipped open and it worked its way out, my bra had a jewel keeping it together in the middle and it snapped and eventually slipped off.

I was hoping to post the pic of his childhood bedroom wall - giant collage of blink photos and autographed memorabilia but I must have deleted that from photobucket a while ago ah well.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Mine is really creative..... My first name and the year I was born!:laugh:
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Mine is boring, of course....My name is Tim, and I live in Sarasota lol
  • heathersmilez
    Options

At least it wasn't "heathersmilez69".

Ha ha ha, yea thank goodness I was an innocent 15yo girl and did not know of such things yet :tongue:
  • mandalina23
    Options
    Mine is a combo of my First name Amanda ... Manda and my Middle name Angelina ... Lina and my then my fav number 23 ..

Vola ... Mandalina23
  • k8smama
    Options
    k8s(Kates)mama....my daughter, the reason behind every decision I've made for nearly five years :heart:
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A mix of my first and second names and my birth year!! How boring!!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Friends always call me JillyBean because it sounds like 'jelly bean'. Figures, my nickname sounds like a sweet, yummy treat :tongue:

Oh, and 819 is my date of birth (feel free to send gifts on Aug. 19, hehe).
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    Wellll, my name is Stephanie, and I say "mmhmm" a lot when I'm being sarcastic. lol I wanted "Madrigal" but that was taken (musical term). Then I wanted JeanGenie (David Bowie song), which was also taken. I should've tried "Applescruff" (a term George Harrison made up for Beatles fans), but I'm sure that one was taken too! :-p
  • prototype
    prototype Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are several meanings behind my user name. I work in IT by trade. I see myself and my efforts as the experimental model of what I want to be come. I plan to do this an make myself an example for others to emulate when I make progress because failure is simply not an option.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I love Goofy. Everything Goofy. But...Goofy was taken when I signed up with pogo.com. So I went with Goofy's original name Dippy Dog. Now it is my sign on for everything. Except I spelled it wrong the first time I used it. It should have been Dippy Dawg....but I like Dippy Dog anyway. I know what it means.
    :bigsmile:
  • ropedancer
    Options
    Mine is:"ropedancer" which is a great song by bilingual musician Bonnie Pink. It's one of those simple and lovely ballads, and is lyrically very important to me.

If anyone's interested in checking it out, you can listen to it here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC3dJGPycWg
  • junkfoodsux
    Options
    ...that's my opinion of it! Nothing more...nothing less...simple :wink: