Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Amy, you must be right about the fat cells. Oh, well, I drank last night to celebrate my husband's birthday, but got to the gym this morning and am just going to get right back on track.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I did not get on the treadmill last night. I did drink a glass of wine and one little grey goose martini and then I fell asleep. so I guess it was a good night.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would like to know everyone's favorite drink.... i need some newer ideas besides drinking beer.

Lately, I'm a big fan of vodka tonics. :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 2 1/3 Samual Adams
    Wednesday, 1 Samual Adams

Total: 3 1/3

Yesterday was $5.00 martini day and 1/2 price apps...I was dying to go...but, mangaged to get through the night

Robin, despite the flowers, how was the wedding?
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a bit of the flu bug so alcohol was not doable the last couple of days. Feeling better today. Tomorrow I have a Dr. appt. with a new Dr. (Leaving the one I had for 10 yrs), and am anticipating a better health partner in my cause to lose weight.
    Which I know is up to me but the new one is highly recommended - more social skills and actual conversation....we will see.

Anyway, tequila and diet squirt is a nice little drink. A splash of Rose's lime if you have it, but that is additional calories.

Thanks for reading,
    Pam
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night friends came over to watch Weeds and I made a frozen lasagna. We opened a bottle of wine but I think I drank the lion's share, but I am not sure, really.
  • rhazelwood
    rhazelwood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I'm not alone!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    My neighbor brought us a bottle of Pink Grapefruit Belvedere vodka as a thank you for watching her son for the previous 2 "cold days" so I had a couple of those with diet Sprite last night. Tonight is volleyball, so I doubt I'll drink at all.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks

Yesterday was $5.00 martini day and 1/2 price apps...I was dying to go...but, mangaged to get through the night

you are doing well this week Kim.

the wedding was fabulous. I can't wait to post some pix. when I get a chance.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks

you are doing well this week Kim.

the wedding was fabulous. I can't wait to post some pix. when I get a chance.

Well, I am cooking with wine tonight...so, opening a bottle will be dangerous:devil:I know you can relate
  • Just_Dot
    Options

Well, I am cooking with wine tonight...so, opening a bottle will be dangerous:devil:I know you can relate

I totally can! Whenever I cook risotto, I have to buy 2 bottles of wine, because I tend to add some, drink some, add some, drink some, etc.
  • lefrance12
    Options
    sorry got lost there!! Must be due to lackavodkaitis :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Sounds like what happens to me!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sharing. My beautiful daughter.
    thebride.jpg
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OMG...she is beautiful...looks like her sister
  • rjadams
    Options
    OMG...she is beautiful...looks like her sister
    thanks. She really cleaned up nice:love:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Gorgeous!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    such a pretty bride, love the flowers and the dress!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options

Cristy - congrats on the 30 days!

For those of you that drink most days :bigsmile: do any of you have trouble sleeping or have weird dreams on the days you are not drinking? DH is feeling worse instead of better.

Thanks and yes! Absolutely noticed this! Dreams Worse than cheap beer dreams (I call malt liquors, nightmare beer, lol) Also waking early and not being able to get back to sleep. It got better after a couple weeks, though, now I find I remember my dreams more and I do sleep a little less. I think its a huge adjustment since most of my drinking was in the evenings or heavier in the evenings on those all day drinking days.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 5 wine (3.5 oz per glass)...like 2 sips if you ask me

Total: 8 1/3....I think I am doing better than the last 2 weeks...3 more days to go with a superbowl which our division is in

Also, I agree with the dreaming aspect when refraining from the alcohol...we even had a discussion at work about it...most drinkers do have difficulty sleeping and thus we hit the bottle to compensate...anyone have the racing thoughts while trying to fall asleep?