Replies

• Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Last week: 208
    This Week: 207

VENTING
    Stop here if you don't want to read.........

Not happy I lost one pound because I have been working out 2x harder than I was the past couple of weeks. I am so sore from "Last Chance Workout," but I did the workout early in the morning (yesterday) so IT won't effect my weigh in today...

I have to figure out why it's taking me forever to lose this weight. I am sticking to around 1,200 calories, exercising (everyday), watching my sodium, and drinking my water, but my weight is not budging past 208/207 lbs. I know i can reach 200 because in October I was 199.8...so why is it taking me so long to drop my weight gain?

VENT OVER

Don't worrry A LOSS IS A LOSS and you should be proud of that hun! With that being said...is your diary public? If it is not, maybe you can make it public and some of us can take a look at it and see if there are any suggestions to tweak some things a little. Sometimes it helps to have other people look at it, as a form of "constructive criticism" and motivation. But no worries, you can do it. Maybe if you try to switch up your work out, any little tweak helps...trust me! But stay encouraged...next thing you know...you will be way under that 207/208 mark!

krys_t...I made my food log locked w/ key and my password is: 1004

Please give me some advice. I think I am doing it right,but from a person looking in I might be wrong.

Thanks for all your help!

Positively
    I was looking at your food diary and the first thing it came to my mind is: You're not only maybe eating too few calories as it looks like you're skipping meals. If this is what;s really happening you probably is confusing your body ability of burning the cals and you;re body is in what they call starvation mode. When this happens, you're body try to save all calories therefore you don't lose or lose very few pounds.

I for example,I eat 5 to 6 times a day. I'm on a 1400 cal/day and most of the time I force myself to eat the 150/200 cal left because I don't want my body to think it will never eat again (specially because despite a very active life, I haven't exercised as much as I should) :laugh: and since I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux, I avoid to have an empty stomach all together.:bigsmile:

If you're going to keep exercising a lot you can try increasing the cal intake and spreading that over the day.
    For ex: 7 to 8 breakfast
    10 to 11 a snack
    1 to 2 lunch
    4 to 5 a snack again
    7 to 8 dinner
    and 9 to 10 a little snack

Hope it helps
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Last week: 208
    This Week: 207

VENTING
    Stop here if you don't want to read.........

Not happy I lost one pound because I have been working out 2x harder than I was the past couple of weeks. I am so sore from "Last Chance Workout," but I did the workout early in the morning (yesterday) so IT won't effect my weigh in today...

I have to figure out why it's taking me forever to lose this weight. I am sticking to around 1,200 calories, exercising (everyday), watching my sodium, and drinking my water, but my weight is not budging past 208/207 lbs. I know i can reach 200 because in October I was 199.8...so why is it taking me so long to drop my weight gain?

VENT OVER

Don't worrry A LOSS IS A LOSS and you should be proud of that hun! With that being said...is your diary public? If it is not, maybe you can make it public and some of us can take a look at it and see if there are any suggestions to tweak some things a little. Sometimes it helps to have other people look at it, as a form of "constructive criticism" and motivation. But no worries, you can do it. Maybe if you try to switch up your work out, any little tweak helps...trust me! But stay encouraged...next thing you know...you will be way under that 207/208 mark!

krys_t...I made my food log locked w/ key and my password is: 1004

Please give me some advice. I think I am doing it right,but from a person looking in I might be wrong.

Thanks for all your help!

Ok, so based on what I have seen in your food log for the last week and a half or so.....

1) You can't skip meals! EVER! This greatly slows your metabolism way too much.

2) Also, there were a few times where you ate white rice and white sugar.....not the best for your body.

3) I see you do the protein powder...which is fine. However, lean protein from meats, beans, etc. Is usually the best way to get in good protein. If you do use the shakes..I would suggest doing them after a work out for muscle repair.

4) Also, I would research foods that are good fiber source instead of the metamucil...the more natural your source of nutrients...the bette it is for your body.

4) There was a day where you went quite a bit over in sodium, fat, cals and carbs...(the day you had the cabbage rolls) and your water intake was very low. And then you skipped dinner.

How often do you eat? I would suggest, if you are not already....to eat every 2 to 3 hours...this will help boost your metabolism, this way if you do have those days where you go over your calories it won't affect your weight so much. This is what I have seen thus far, I hope this helps a little. But stay encouraged...and know that you can do it!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Today's weight : 302.2 lbs 2.6 lbs loss this week!!!

Woohoo! Almost out of the 300's! :)
  • LJ0508
    LJ0508 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1lb this week, so I'm at 202!!! I'm getting closer to being in the 100's! I couldn't be more happier with my progress, just knowing that I'm headed in the right direction is a great feeling.

SW: 207
    CW: 202
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Down one pound from 170 to 169. Hello 160's! Everyone is doing great!!
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    last week:174
    today:173 down a pound
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 212.8lbs, which is great since last weigh in I went up 2lbs (from 215 to 217) due to the TOM. Anyways, now i'm 212.8! Love it :D I busted my butt this week working out so I'm glad the scale moved :)

Great job everyone, you are all beautiful and amaze me every day!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    thanks for everyones' help who responded about my food log. I really appriciate *you* taking the time to help a fellow STS member:flowerforyou: .

I *try* to eat my calories, some days I go over and other days I am on target.

someone responded about my breakfast, I am not a big morning person. so when I wake up I have 4 cups of water ( w/lemon) while I make my coffee, then I go to the computer to upload what I am going to have for breakfast. Usually my breakfast is an egg sandwich (home made) sometimes it's oatmeal. it all depends on my mood and what' my 5 y/o is going to eat ( I make food for the both of us - and sometimes for my other two children 15 y/o and 14 y/o).

My lunch is usually what I had for dinner the previous day or I make myself a chicken sandwich or turkey sandwich (deli).

My dinner is usually what my family want to eat and I try to eat based on how many calories I have left.

I did do (a couple months ago) the zig-zag calorie thing and that really helped. I might try doing that again. I am also going to try to eat more often because ( lately) I have been super busy and just eat a big breakfast and then just wait for my second snack and then my dinner ( which I no better not to do that)...and I DO think this is my my body has stalled for a while.

Like I said above, love all the feedback...Thanks!

Laila
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Finally a new number. It may not seem like much but this morning I was 267.6, which is down 1.4 lbs. I'm pumped, especially since I've been gaining/losing the same 2 lbs. since the first weigh on the challenge.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    OMG.... So this weekend all was great with weight loss!!! until my in laws invited us over for homemade pizza... that was okay because I budgeted my calories to have 2 pieces... and I did... until they revealed a cheesecake (my favorite thing in the world) that they bought us for our anniversary (which is in about a week)... so I had to have a piece lol.... you know it!! My MIL cut my piece so huge and of course I couldn't help it, I had to eat the entire piece!! Then we left there to go hang out with friends that were moving and help out... we get there and they are all done and cooking dinner for us!! WHAT THE HECK!! That was sweet but omg they are not the healthiest people in the world ya know? So they cook all of this stuff loaded in butter... AND have a keylime pie that they "bought just because you were coming over" so again I have another piece of pie and felt like crap! I am 0.2 lbs over what i was last Friday (After kicking butt this week & knocking out 1 lb that I did gain...) Never again LOL
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in this morning!! (too busy studying) I will weigh in the morning though :) Congrats to all of these losses ladies :)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My weight is 168 this morning....Whittrusty, would you please add me to the spreadsheet? Thanks you so much!

Got it!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    171 today.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm 197.4, down 1 lb from last week's weigh in of 198.4. I would love for it to be more, but I took my measurements yesterday and I have lost almost 8 inches since the beginning of the challenge!! So, I'm happy! The pounds will come sooner or later!

Congrats to everyone!! Whether you lost or gained, you're still trying and that is worth celebrating!!
  • Kathryn160
    Options
    I weighed 233.2 this morning, which means I only lost .6 lb. this week. I knew it would start to level off!
  • psychojenn
    Options
    184.6 :]] lastwk: 187.2 so down 2.8
    just another 10 lbs and ill be back to prepregnancy weight=]
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the losses!!

Previous weight: 331.6
    Current weight: 329.6

Minus 2 pounds this week.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I am SOOOOOOOOO Proud of everyone! Kicking butt and taking names! And even those who have gained, no one has gained too much that they can't burn it right on off! WOW! Feb. is looking like a good month for the Snowflakes! WAY TO GO!!!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    down one for 156 wooooo!!!!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    down one for 156 wooooo!!!!

WOOO!