a few answers about losing 131lbs... and counting

Options

Replies

• adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I couldn't agree more with the real foods..
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    great post!! thank you so much for sharing! :)
  • Squirrely_Girl
    Options
    Inspiring blog. You couldn't have said it any better. I follow your philosophy as well and I WILL obtain as good of results as you have. Already on my way. Way to go!!!! :wink:
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY with you on all of it. Yes, it's better to eat whole foods than processed junk (even though I eat about 80% whole and 20% processed - to be honest). Yes, vision boards are powerful things! It's amazing what happens when we write our goals down on paper or create visuals to look at frequently. My husband and I do a goals list each year and it is extraordinary the amount of things that get crossed off. You look great, you're an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS!
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you thank you for posting that. I've been hitting plauteaus every 20lbs or so and it's been TERRIBLY frustrating. I'm glad to know you have went through it - makes me fee like it's a little more normal!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! YES! Real foods.....QUALITY foods....and portion control! I'm so glad you shared that!

You were afraid you might be perceived as preaching? Oh PREACH it, sista! You're telling us what worked for you and giving others a few great tips as well. Who cares if it doesn't work for everyone? Maybe it will work for SOMEONE and that's what counts.

CONGRATS on all your successes! And thanks for sharing with us! :)

I LOVE THIS POST!
  • Erius
    Erius Posts: 23
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed!! I've been killing myself over the last 2 weeks, and not one pound difference on the scale. I know I'm dealing with a plateau, and the info I read here is great! I actually researched a plateau, and this was the best info I found. I was planning on trying to do a forced plateau, just never heard from someone who actually did a forced plateau. So nice to hear it from the horses mouth!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Miss BayouBabie up there ^^^^^ shared this post with me and I sooooooo needed to hear this today. I just recalculated my goals this morning...not because I was forcing a plateau but because I had to be realistic about my goals and life at this time. I wanted to maintain rather than gain....so it appears I am on the right track for when my life is back to somewhat of a semblance of order! Thank you, thank you for sharing!!
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    great ideas! what kind of salad do you eat in the morning?
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    great ideas! what kind of salad do you eat in the morning?

i like trader joe's mixed greens, toss some blueberries or unsweeten cranberries in there sometimes. i usually use flaxseed oil (a tbs on 2cups of salad.) i love it!!!
  • newDZ
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed!! I've been killing myself over the last 2 weeks, and not one pound difference on the scale. I know I'm dealing with a plateau, and the info I read here is great! I actually researched a plateau, and this was the best info I found. I was planning on trying to do a forced plateau, just never heard from someone who actually did a forced plateau. So nice to hear it from the horses mouth!

I had no idea that I get such a great response from other going through the same thing. Believe me I "failed" sooo many previous diets because of plateaus and I thought there was something wrong with me and then I would get frustrated and eat. This time around I decide to just keep going and that's when I discovered my "pattern" and realize I was being too hard on my body and endo-system to keep expecting a constant drop. So I allow for them to happen and then I became proactive about them happening on my terms... hence my forced plateau.

And each time I would have remarkable drops and in weigh and body changing too. Because each re-surge brought about body contouring too.
  • newDZ
    Options
    As I was reading your post, I realized how much in common I am with some of your goals, and I didn't realize it, or take the time to think about it (which is probably more like it).

Rather than force it, I am convinced you wrote about something very positive - listen to your body. Watch what it does, and have fun with it. Keeping some goals to yourself doesn't tell me you're not sharing...it tells me just how confident you are.

This is a fantastic read! Thank you so much for putting it together. It will surely help me.

Congratulations on your fantastic journey! Keep up the good work.

yup i am pretty darn confidant, i shall claim it!!!! lol
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I loved that you have done so well and are willing to share your personal journey. Thanks a bunch. Your inspirational...
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing :)

Now I need to ask you the question everyone growls about: Did you eat your exercise calories?? :bigsmile:

By the way, you have a PRETTY FACE THEN, NOW and FOREVER!!

:flowerforyou:
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    -i never eat low-fat or fat-free (too much crap)

by this i mean i eat REAL BUTTER, REAL CHEESE (good ones), REAL FULL FAT GREEK YOGURT, REAL HEAVY CREAM... etc

when they take out the fat they add sodium, articifical sweetners, sugar, tons of chemical flavorings,

it's better to weigh/measure portions of real food than just trust that "fat-free" stuff.

Thank you so much for your advice! I trully agree with the plateau thing!
    But when comes to the fat I agree and disagree. What about milk? Do you drink whole milk, or eat whole cottage cheese? I have an extremily and serious case of high cholesterol (food and genetics) and triglicerides (only food : ( ) so I do have to watch fats way more closely than most of people. I do have to drink skin milk, 2% cheese and lowfat cottage cheese, and it would be very difficult to go without light laughing cow triangles ; ))). The yogurt as you said I can live without unless I buy the greek kind. I do stay away from heavy creams and some fat free stuff b/c they are gross to my taste.
    And yes, real butter is way better for our bodies than margarine!!! Even tough I have to keep myself away from bad fats and animal fats...
    Fantastic job and advice, thank you!!!
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job and thanks for the info.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    that's great! and congratulations to you! you are a great inspiration!
  • kittymacraw
    Options
    Woa thanks for sharing and congrats...so inspiring.

Thanks for the tips:smile:
  • MrsJayeJ
    MrsJayeJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! Today is my first day on MFL. I'm so happy that I read this!!!
  • FutureFormerFatGurl
    Options
    Thank you and congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!