Lose 5 Pounds a Month February 2011

Options

Replies

• blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! I'm down 3 lbs so far this month. Amazing! It's been like forever that I've lost even lost 2 lbs in a week :~)
    Going out of town tomorrow for the week (work related) so just about every lunch and dinner will be out somewhere. Will do my best to make healthy choices. Thought I"d be able to take some healthy foods from home but just my luck the hotel we're staying in doesn't have a microwave or refridgerator in the room....ugh. I will take some cereal, almonds and such. Plus I plann to use the work out room and I'm taking my resistance bands. Wish me luck! Hope everyone did great last week!

1 Feb ~ 213
    6 Feb ~ 210
    13 Feb ~
    20 Feb ~
    27 Feb ~

SW: 218 28 Dec 2010
    GW: 160 28 Dec 2011
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    A follow up -

The Eyptian government turned the internet back on and I got a message from Phyljen yesterday. She and her family are safe, and she thanks everyone for their good thoughts and prayers. I'd be happy to forward the message to anyone who knows her., just leave me a message.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. My husband thought it was a little odd, given that I don't really know Phyllis. But on this particular board people have shared parts of themselves in such a way over so many months (a year for me) that even though we've never met I feel a very personal connection.

So back to losing the same #$&*!! 5 pounds that I've been losing since July.

I'll be praying for her and the people of her country. I hope she stays safe. :flowerforyou:

I'm playing catch up and I see where Phyljen has posted. Good luck to you and the rest of your country Phyljen. :flowerforyou:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options

Here is my reminder for today. It is Friday and most people tend to overeat on the weekend so be mindful of what you eat and try work to stay within your calorie goals. I read somewhere people tend to eat 1/3 more calories on Saturday and Sunday. Don't let weekends mess up you hard work! (Weekends are usually my downfall)

Terri

I agree Terri. My weigh-in day used to be Friday so I tended to over indulge on the weekends telling myself I had the rest of the week to make up for it. Didn't take long for that to effect my weight loss. Changed it to Monday and do so much better. Knowing I have to step on that scale Monday morning keeps me on track during the weekend.
  • pocha0704
    Options
    I'm in! Starting at 193. Goal is 188

2/6 I'm down to 188.5 already! I had an amazing week! Only thing i changed from my normal diet routine is that i started doing Zumba 3 times a week. Let's hope i can keep this up!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    K everyone I weighed this morning but I have been working all day long so im just now getting this posted : )

2/01 -- 155.8
    2/06 -- 156.2
    2/13 --
    2/20 --
    2/28-- GOAL 150.6

Woops had movie popcorn and soda last night so im betting on sodium for this weigh in : ) Today to retaliate I have ate really good and I have drank 64 ounces of water and no other liquids : ) yay for me I hardly ever drink enough water along with no soda so xx cross my fingers tomorrow is going to be better and next week im aiming for 154 : )
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    I'm admiring the fact that you'r really proud of yourself even if you gained a pesky pound. Great motivation <3
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jan 31
    Feb 7
    Feb 14
    Feb 21
    Feb 28
    (Goal: 147)

I didn't have a great weekend but I tried to say under my calories. I go that little nasty message twice. I am back on track to today.
  • Ralu19
    Ralu19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, there
    count me in for the race to 150! :)) i am totally in...and i really need some motivation. I've also just lost and regained the same 2 pounds....several times. :frown:
    my next weigh in is tomorrow - not expecting much because it's TOM and ,though i stayed within my calories this weekend, i did enjoy a couple of beers on saturday...so i am planning to be a really good girl this week :wink:
  • ukredhead19
    Options
    Woohoo...I've lost my two pounds (again!)...now to keep going in the right direction!!

Feb 1 .....191.8
    Feb 7.... 189.8
    Feb 14....
    Feb 21....
    Feb 28....
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    Feb 1- 194.4
    Feb 5- 193.8
    Feb 12
    Feb 19
    Feb 26--(Goal: 189.0)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Feb 1st 200.8
    Feb 7th 199.8
    Feb14th
    Feb 21st
    Feb 28th

Not looking forward to this week..hoping that we'll catch a break eventually... I'm having oral suregery in a couple of hours, we have a wake and funeral Tue/Wed and Nick will be laid off for 2 full weeks...it's gotta get better.. it HAS to..
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Feb 1
    Feb 8
    Feb 15
    Feb 22
    Feb 28
  • dmeeks283
    Options
    I am in...just started today.

Feb 7th - 273.5
    Feb 14th -
    Feb 21st -
    Feb 28th -
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Aww, Bru, keep your head up. I hope your surgery was as painless as possible and that you can get back to eating regular foods. I'm glad the pain will be 100% soon enough though. I will def keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone.

Feb 1 - 181.6
    Feb 7 - 179.0
    Feb 14 -
    Feb 21 -
    Feb 28 - 5lb goal - 176.6

Lost 2.6 this week so I'm thrilled. After taking 3 weeks off from exercise due to knee pain, I started adding back some exercise last week so that helped. By the way, did pilates for the first time yesterday and HATED it! Too slow and boring for me. Going to try a different DVD and see if I like it any better.

Good luck everyone. Remember, "if hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution." :flowerforyou:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was away on the weekend, celebrating my mom's birthday. Ate too much, exercised too little. No sense dwelling on it. Moving on.

NSV (or maybe just a 'duh' moment): when I went to the gym on Friday for BodyFLOW, I hopped on the scale, and it's one of those 'doctor' type scales, that has the sliding bar... and I don't know about you guys, but I always set the slider to a few pounds heavier than I am before I get on, and enjoy the moment of pushing it backwards to get to my actual weight... Anyway, I set it, then started pushing it back, and back, and back... I was like 'huh'? Then, I realized that I had set it over 165 instead of 155, so I had a whole extra 10 pounds to go... What I loved about the moment, is that it made me realize that I HAVE made some progress. Not that long ago, the 160's would have been true, but now I feel I'm done with that number, and am looking forward to being a full NOTCH lighter (on the part of the scale that is 0 / 50 / 100 / 150)... Now, THAT will be something to celebrate!!

55tolose, "I didn't know when I got married that I was already 6-8 weeks prego lol ..."
    LOL, I know how you feel - I was 16 weeks pregnant before I even found out!... And no, I'm not a complete moron - I've just never had a regular cycle, and after we were married for a year, I went off the pill, to try to 'regulate' my cycles, thinking I was going to have 'problems' getting pregnant. I guess not! :ohwell: :happy:

Now, 55, you listen up, it's time for you to get back on the wagon, little missy. I know you're busy, working, studying, being a mom, etc. But you've got to make time to eat healthier and exercise. No more cookies, no more SODA! You ARE going to get below 152, even if I have to MAKE you!! I will drag you there, kicking and screaming! (PS. That butt-kick is as much for me, as it is for you, and you know it's only cuz I :heart: you!)

As for my goals, I am 5'2", and I will be ecstatic to be in the 130's. I'm aiming for 135 to get to the top end of the 'healthy' BMI range. We'll see after that, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. How tall are you?

Jenn, if I had 'behaved' better on the weekend, I might have been able to catch up with you. But alas, I think you've slipped through my fingers again.

Uh oh, I have some more competition... Yikes!! Just kidding, of course - Ralu19, glad to have you join our friendly race to 150!!! The more the merrier.

Shawnae2, glad the doctor was able to find the problem with your thyroid, and hopefully you are feeling better now!!

Blackbyrd - hope you are staying on track while you are away. I know it's tough. I travelled a lot for a while, and you really need to work extra hard!

BRU - I know this week will be tough for you, but hey girl, you're under 200 again!! Celebrate, and do a little dance. I'm proud of you! Things will get better. :flowerforyou:
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I am still stuck at 177 after the first week! I'm frustrated, but I started a 10K training program today...hoping to jumpstart the weight loss again!
  • Lodi
    Lodi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Terry,
    I'm in!!! I just started this site a few weeks ago but I have been dieting since October and have lost 34 lbs so far!!! Let's go!! :-)
    Lorraine
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in. My current weight is 191.

I am down 2 pounds from when I posted this to 189! :smile: 3 more to go in the next 21 days. It is do-able!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Feb 1st: 197.6 lbs
    Feb 7th: 200.4 lbs :grumble:
    Feb 14th:
    Feb 21st:
    Feb 28th:

Well I saw a 196 on that scale yesterday, but didn't log it because I KNEW sodium would get me at the Superbowl party last night. I drank water all day & all night long, but apparently it wasn't enough! I was SAFELY IN ONEDERLAND for SO LONG...not anymore! :noway: Oh well...should have logged it early yesterday! :laugh:

So guess what I'm doing today? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ALL DAY LONG! :laugh:

Hey you 150 Challengers - good luck to you all! But I'm with Bru....I'd be happy just seeing the 180s too! :laugh: So who's gonna jump on board & do the 180 challenge with Bru & myself? :bigsmile: