The Randoms - February 2011

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Good morning Randoms. I so wish I could be back in my bed asleep and not at work right now. Yesterday was not a good food day. Someone set a bag a chips in front of me and the chips won. They are one of my biggest down falls.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love hating football hahahaha. It was so easy to stay within my calories last night since I wasn't watching the game or at a party. I made a crock pot batch of delicious chili and some low calorie corn bread. Plus I did a mountain of laundry. I did watch the episode of Glee after the game tho. I'm heading to the gym today, now that my muscles are FINALLY back to normal. It took until sunday morning to feel 100% ok again. And I have a session again tomorrow, I really hope he doesn't kill me again. It's hard to work out when I can't even sit down!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hello my randoms!

Yesterday was very fun! I wish I could justify the food that I ate...but I really can't. :blushing: However, we did go shopping at IKEA before the game and walk around for around 4 hours soooo I have to imagine that burned some calories! Ha ha! The only problem was after we drove home from our "unsuper bowl" party we ended up pulling over and I got sick on the sick of the road. I guess my body just totally hates it when I eat fun food. I don't have a clue. Or it hates me. Haha...I might lean towards that one! Either way, it did not make for a fun car ride home and I still feel sick today!

I think that I will be incredibly ready to go on this diet with Grady (Gluten Free/Casein Free.) Doctors can't figure out what is giving me this pain in my side, I'm still IN pain, still sick...and I'm going to have to do whatever is in my power to take action. Blech.

QOTD: What's the biggest house project you've ever taken on? Painting? Tearing a wall down? Building your house?
  • 00trayn
    Options
    QOTD: What's the biggest house project you've ever taken on? Painting? Tearing a wall down? Building your house?

Well, I lack a house. I just have my little one bedroom apartment that I rent. But when I moved in last year, I had to get all the stuff arranged and decorate the place! It was quite the undertaking, but now I like that i have a nice looking grown up apartment. Pictures and posters framed on the walls, nice furniture, a table with a table cloth and centerpiece... haha. No more college dorm room and apartments!
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group.

I joined MFP in August. From August until December I did really well and lost about 20lbs. From December until now I went through some major things. In December my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child. And then in January I had a miscarriage. This last month has been been really difficult for both of us. And of course, I wasn't able to exercise because I wasn't feeling ok and my doctor told me not to. I am still dealing with the emotions and it's so hard but I think it's also time to get back into getting into shape. That might also help me deal with things emotionally too.

So this month my goals are to continue with Insanity. I started it today. And also to not go over my calories for at least 6 days a week. I will still have a cheat day on the weekend.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had so much crap food last night it wasn't even funny. I don't feel guilty, but I wish I felt less sluggish today. You are what you eat. LOL. Lots of water going in today. I think I've peed at least 7 times since 8:00.

Welcome pragya! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I have a couple of friends who have gone through that lately. One was 6 months along and it was heartbreaking when he was born. I really feel for you! We welcome you with open arms. Feel free to join the randomness!!

Tara-I wish you could find out what's stinkin wrong with you! Our dumb bodies!!!!! I wish you felt better! On the plus side, did you guys know Tara reached her goal!!!! :happy:

QOTD: When Sawyer was born in May 2009- My older two shared a room. They are boy and a girl and are about 3 years apart. Jaedyn was in Kindergarten, and we felt she deserved her own room. Dan created a bedroom out of her storage room. We put in an egress window, painted walls, put up wainscotting, and got her a new bed. It's a small room, but it will do for now. She loves it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    pragya728 welcome, so sorry to hear of your miscarriage it is such a hard thing to go through. I had a miscarraige with my first pregnancy, (((HUGS)))

taramaria thanks I sure do feel like I am old enough to have 4 grandkids LOL. especially today it is my bday. heehee. my daughter and her husband are going to name the baby Elianna and call her Ella but they are still trying to decide on a middle name I think it is narrowed down to Kate, Hope or Rae. I can't wait to meet her grandbabies are precious. Glad to hear that you were homeschooled and view it as a possitive experience my older kids were homeschooled from 7, 5 and 3rd grade until they graduated the younger ones were homeschooled from kindergarden to kindergarden , 1st and 3rd I quit homeschooling due to my health problems, I just felt like I couldnt do it anymore and give it the time and energy I did in the beginning.
  • pragya728
    Options
    Thank you ladies. It's been such a tough time but I am really trying.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Yeah, I pretty much failed at my January goal. :sad: Here's to a new month, new week, new shot at it!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the race! "Splash and Sprint" 300 m swim and 3 km run. Getting a bit nervous about the swimming portion of the race. I also need to look into transitions--I'm wondering how much and how you change after the swim.
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My name is Desirae, I live in Minneapolis, MN. I'm not new to myfitnesspal, but I've never used it to its capacity. I jump on the bandwagon for a bit, and as soon as I'm feeling good I binge on junk food.. my worst habbit is CHOCOLATE! But, any sweets will do... I crave them always! :( I was into the doctor for my yearly, and have gained 6lbs since last year. This is not good, as I have a wedding in August. I'm thinking, I have 6 months to go.. but it will fly by! My weight is generally always the same.. it doesnt fluctuate much.... but now I'm up. I am a frequent at the gym, and love to break a sweat... its the food part I cant get under control. I get nervous thinking I wont be able to enjoy the food I love (which I know isn't the case, moderation is the key.) So, I'm here.. I'm back.. I'm late to join this group but am looking for a group to join.

Current Weight: 182
    Goal Weight: 170 (by March 15)

February Goals: Track what I eat DAILY (even on the weekends!!!)
    Go to the gym 4x per week
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome desirae! I'm up in Minneapolis frequently throughout the year! Love it!

Brian--It's all good! Just get back to it this month! We've missed you!

QOTD: For those of you who get a real winter-which it looks like everybody this year :(, What's your favorite part?? I'm trying to be positive, beings that it is -35 wind chill today. I'm FREEZING!! On the up side, it's supposed to be upper 30's this weekend. Holla!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    QOTD: For those of you who get a real winter-which it looks like everybody this year :(, What's your favorite part??

Hmmm... snuggling inside where it's warm with Randy? hahaha. I'm a fan of all the winter beers that are out right now (blame Randy for influencing me on that one). I don't really like being cold or outdoors in the winter, but ice skating is fun. I don't do it often but I enjoy it when I do.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    QOTD: For those of you who get a real winter-which it looks like everybody this year :(, What's your favorite part??

Well I used to love the outdoor fun in the winter. I actually miss having a real winter. Since we only had a couple days of snow down here and wasn't equiped to really enjoy it. I love to ski, snowshoe, go tubbing, build snowmen, have snowball fights in general act like a kid. I also love coats I used to have many different wool coats in different colors that would change up my outfits. Hot cocoa with a peppermint stick in it always reminds me of good times.
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mandijo, I'm with you on that! Its so cold here I had to cut my walk with my dog in half because his paws couldn't handle it! Sledding with the kids could always be fun, this weekend when it is warmer! Although I'm a Minnesotan born and raised, I don't do many outdoor activities in the winter. But I would LoVe to go ice skating, as I have lots of great memories of doing so as a kid. I'm interested to see what others do... Would love to enjoy some outdoor activites!!
  • pragya728
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I am soooo sore today from the first day of Insanity that I started yesterday. I really can't even move. Lol. But I did push through the workout today. And it kicked my butt. But it feels so good to get a good workout.

I can't really answer the QOTD. I live in northern CA and we have been having lovely weather here. Although, I know most people will think I am crazy for saying this but I wish it was colder here. I looove the cold weather.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    QOTD: Looking forward to when it all melts, I hate snow and winter. :( Why did I have to be born in Illinois?
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    QOTD: My favorite part was my boyfriend planning ahead and getting snowed in with me not once but twice, once for two days with his two girls (and my own two kids) so it was a fun kid friendly get together, and then the two weeks later just him, me, and my kids for three days! I was sure he'd get tired of me but I loved every minute of it and I feel like we are getting very close:)

I'm waiting on my Turbo Jam to arrive in the mail so I can get down with my bad self!!!!! I was doing Slim in 6, which was great and really helped me start building some muscle, but I just got bored after a while and I'm ready for some music and action!!!