Life is complete! Football is back!

Options

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    My Nelson used to love to watch football with me. He had his own little Fins jersey and when i shouted "Touchdown" he would run around the house with his little football in his mouth and then come over to give me a "High Paw"!

I miss him sooo much! He died from Ehrlichiosis 2 years ago.
    nels1.jpg

*whispers* go bears!
    [/quote]
    Awww...what an awesome dog Nelson was Shore! Beautiful too!

J~Don't think I didn't hear that.:angry:
    You think Ali is the only one with shunnin' skills?
    I learned from the best.:laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

and :heart: Soup -- I can't hide my love for the Bears! You'll get a kick out of this story, though... my dad made me a blanket last Christmas as a gift. Which was amazing in itself because my dad is NOT crafty at all. He made me this fleece Bears blanket -- you know the kind that has the fleece strips tied around the outer edge like fringe? -- I was so surprised that my dad made me a BEARS blanket (when he's a Colts fan and gives me such a hard time for being an Indy girl who is a Bears fan) and I was hugging it and happened to notice that one of the fringes had some writing on it...

On ONE of the fringes on the outer edge of the blanket he had written in permanent marker "BEARS SUCK!"

:laugh: I love my dad.

HAHAHAHA You go Lesley's dad! Woot woot. That is too funny!:laugh:

I made my son a fleece Colts blanket :happy: and my hubby a Steelers one.:grumble:

They love em.
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options

My Ollie sticks his tongue out at you:

[img]http://lookatusgo.net/gallery/content/Oliver/Bears and Flames Fan/oliver_bears_fan2.jpg[/img]

:laugh:

Great dog!

My Nelson used to love to watch football with me. He had his own little Fins jersey and when i shouted "Touchdown" he would run around the house with his little football in his mouth and then come over to give me a "High Paw"!

I miss him sooo much! He died from Ehrlichiosis 2 years ago.
    nels1.jpg

*whispers* go bears!
    Awww...what an awesome dog Nelson was Shore! Beautiful too!

J~Don't think I didn't hear that.:angry:
    You think Ali is the only one with shunnin' skills?
    I learned from the best.:laugh:

Haha!

I mean, DOH!

My Panthers are playin' pretty well so far. Up 3-0 in the second. Chargers are looking pretty good also, though LT is having a pretty hard time finding running room. Looks like Carolina's changes have been for the best.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hail to the Redskins!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    *whispers* go bears!

WOOHOO! /high5

Here's my little man in his hand-me-down Bears jersey (Oliver sort of outgrew it and now Winston is growing into it)

[img]http://www.lookatusgo.net/gallery/content/Winston/Bears Fan/winston_bears1.JPG[/img]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 about 1 hour to game time, baby! THIS Bears fan family will be snuggled on the couch (and I'll be thinking of Soup with every tackle and touchdown!)

:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hail to the Redskins!
    OMG! A Redskins fan! My hubby is a HUGE Skins fan! He is going to the game down in Maryland on the 21st. He wears a Riggins jersey and bought our son (will be 2 in November) a Portis jersey!
    l_477eaeb796e3975af3e64363badc3e58.jpg
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    *whispers* go bears!

WOOHOO! /high5

Here's my little man in his hand-me-down Bears jersey (Oliver sort of outgrew it and now Winston is growing into it)

[img]http://www.lookatusgo.net/gallery/content/Winston/Bears Fan/winston_bears1.JPG[/img]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111 about 1 hour to game time, baby! THIS Bears fan family will be snuggled on the couch (and I'll be thinking of Soup with every tackle and touchdown!)

:heart:

Awwwww....he's so adorable!:smooched:

and I will think of you too.......try not to be too down when we win.:bigsmile:
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Football???
    Is that when they throw the ball through the round hoopy thing or when they hit it with the long clubby thing?

:laugh:

football is the one where they kick the ball...with their foot...around a pitch and try to get it into small rectangle shapped "goals"...it is a sport for big girl's blouses! :laugh:

rugby is where it is at, my game yesterday was abandnned with 3 minutes to go and us up 35-25 as one of our players broke his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder. he was carried off in a morphine haze :tongue:

anyway, i have to stay up until 1am to watch this sport of yours (i will not call it football :laugh: ), double header of vikings - packers and broncos - raiders i think. 5 hours though...i mean i would love to play a sport where i sat on my *kitten* for the greater majority of the game, when i played at school i played both tight end and line backer, so on all the damn time!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

football is the one where they kick the ball...with their foot...around a pitch and try to get it into small rectangle shapped "goals"...it is a sport for big girl's blouses! :laugh:

rugby is where it is at, my game yesterday was abandnned with 3 minutes to go and us up 35-25 as one of our players broke his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder. he was carried off in a morphine haze :tongue:

anyway, i have to stay up until 1am to watch this sport of yours (i will not call it football :laugh: ), double header of vikings - packers and broncos - raiders i think. 5 hours though...i mean i would love to play a sport where i sat on my *kitten* for the greater majority of the game, when i played at school i played both tight end and line backer, so on all the damn time!

LOL--don't y'all call it "American Football" over there?

It used to be much more violent in the early days but with the advent of protective pads, it got a little more "civilized." I'm still amazed though that guys weighing as much as 380 or so pounds can run full force into each other again and again and not get hurt as much as they do.
  • JeremyInvincible
    Options

It used to be much more violent in the early days but with the advent of protective pads, it got a little more "civilized." I'm still amazed though that guys weighing as much as 380 or so pounds can run full force into each other again and again and not get hurt as much as they do.

As someone who once broke a quarterbacls collarbone I guarantee you that American Football can and is just as brutal as rugby (and I should know, as I got destroyed by a womens rugby team once...those chicks are freakin mean!!!). Also, I know you Scots are fans, I used to be a huge Scottish Claymore's fan back in the old European Football League. The Claymore's kicked buttocks!

By the way, did anyone see my Panthers pull out that win on the *LAST* play of the game. Holy Schinikies! Good lord, why can't the panthers ever just win a game outright, they have to give their fans coronaries everytime they play. Sheesh.

Wooooooo Panthers!!!
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hail to the Redskins!
    OMG! A Redskins fan! My hubby is a HUGE Skins fan! He is going to the game down in Maryland on the 21st. He wears a Riggins jersey and bought our son (will be 2 in November) a Portis jersey!
    l_477eaeb796e3975af3e64363badc3e58.jpg

Oh Tami he is just too precious for words! What a sweetheart :) SO CUTE! (even if it is the wrong team) *snickers*

and Soup, we'll see... we'll see... :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • calatibo
    Options

yep. american football, but that sound pretty dumb too, so i tend to call it NFL, makes it easier i guess.

Civillising, bah, a waste of a good game.
  • JeremyInvincible
    Options

yep. american football, but that sound pretty dumb too, so i tend to call it NFL, makes it easier i guess.

Civillising, bah, a waste of a good game.

Haha, I agree. :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    dungy.jpg

:bigsmile:
  • calatibo
    Options

As someone who once broke a quarterbacls collarbone I guarantee you that American Football can and is just as brutal as rugby (and I should know, as I got destroyed by a womens rugby team once...those chicks are freakin mean!!!). Also, I know you Scots are fans, I used to be a huge Scottish Claymore's fan back in the old European Football League. The Claymore's kicked buttocks!

By the way, did anyone see my Panthers pull out that win on the *LAST* play of the game. Holy Schinikies! Good lord, why can't the panthers ever just win a game outright, they have to give their fans coronaries everytime they play. Sheesh.

Wooooooo Panthers!!!

my university team played warm up matches against our "ladies" team, i was pretty much owned by the "lady" prop the first time we played. i was just ti niave, the trick of scrummaging is to attack you opposite props sternum...i just didn't know where to put my head, i mean i hardly new the girl :laugh:

Claymores were ok, never really achieved anything, and i think the european league has packed in now. Of course Lawrence Tynes is Scottish, and alongside fellow brit Osi Umenyiora won the superbowl last season.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    i was just ti niave, the trick of scrummaging is to attack you opposite props sternum...i just didn't know where to put my head, i mean i hardly new the girl :laugh:

LOL--now that's funny!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh man!!!!!! Brady is out for the year! I knew that was a bad hit....ugh...:sad:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    J E T S-- JETS! JETS! JETS!!!!!

Let's go Brett-- Let's go Brett-- Let's go Brett--

Three cheers for us old guys-- hip hip hooray-- hip hip Hooray-- hip hip HOORAY!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am right there with ya!!! And here's to us raising our little JETS fans!:drinker:
  • JeremyInvincible
    Options
    Oh man!!!!!! Brady is out for the year! I knew that was a bad hit....ugh...:sad:

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

:noway: just walk away.....NOW!