30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Started the shred today...hoping this will keep me from cheating & taking days off, lol.

SW - 194.6
    Belly - 46"
    Waist - 39.5"
    Hips - 43"
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Suzy_B... Today's my 1st day too! Be sure to come back tomorrow so we can see that we got through Day 2! :laugh:
  • Bball4
    Bball4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in...I've been running lately but decided to add in the 30 day shred on a couple off days...so I'm running 5 times a week and doing the shred 2 days...but I might change that up...I started up with the videos again last week and I'm on Level 2...but definitely need to stick with this! I was on weight watchers but with their new system wasn't seeing much progress...so I figured I'd give this a try! Hopefully something will kick start soon and I can start losing weight or inches again!
    SW-152
    CW-151
    GW-137
    Height-5'9"
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    This is my second attempt to complete the 30 day shred. I was sore, but not as sore as I was last time I attempted it. I have been working out twice a day since last time also. I, too, am not good at the push ups, but Im making it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Did another day of level 1. This time I had 3lb weights, and it killed me. I was better at keeping up with the cardio, etc, but I also had a toddler that decided I was a couch when I was at the ab section of it. Kind of hard to do reverse crunches when he thinks I'm a recliner, lol.

I was a little worse with the arm exercises because of the weights, but I'm sure I will get better at it over time.

This is tough. Can only imagine what level 2 is going to be like!

Watch out for those toddlers. I was trying to do the planks on level 2 when my 4 year old flung herself at my legs. She really hurt my knee and I haven't been able to workout since. I tried going back to level 1 today but was only able to get into the 1st set of squats before my knee gave out again.:grumble:
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I started this video for the first time on Saturday. I huff and puff all the way through it. Hopefully it will get easier soon. My knees are also very sore today, but I think thats from all the stupid jumping jacks. :)
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'll hopefully be able to gage this with how my pants fit. I don't have a measuring tape to get inches. So if my pants fit better, than I'll know something is working.

I REFUSE to buy bigger pants!
  • juneduneybug
    Options
    I'm in! I really need this.

Starting Weight: 166.4
    Back: 33.5"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 39.5"
    Thigh: 25"
    Arm: 13"
  • bcgirl55
    bcgirl55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started today - I weight 151.2 but haven't done my measurements yet. I will do them later, because I really want to see the difference. I intend to do alternate with WiiFit, so I hve recovery time.
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    How's everyone going?
    I'm just about to do day 6 level 1. Soooo scared about going on to level 2!!
    What do you find hardest?
    I am not good at the first lot of cardio (star jumps & jump ropes) and also push ups! Eeeek.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    How's everyone going?
    I am not good at the first lot of cardio (star jumps & jump ropes) and also push ups! Eeeek.

That first set of cardio is killer. I always have the hardest time doing the side lunges with anterior raises.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Day 2, L1 complete! So much easier than I thought, and easier than yesterday. I was really worried because my muscles are so sore, but I did pretty good! I only used weights about 2/3rds the time, because I wouldn't have been able to finish the set unless I put the down for a while and continued on.

Fitness class tonight!!
    I'll hopefully be able to gage this with how my pants fit. I don't have a measuring tape to get inches. So if my pants fit better, than I'll know something is working.
    If there's a dollar store near you, you can probably get one there! :happy:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    How's everyone going?
    Cardio is the easiest for me. Abs are challenging, but I'm not feeling the after burn. I added more crunches today, after the workout, to feel it more.
    Hardest for me might be lunges. My quads are the most aching right now. I can do them fine though. Maybe push-ups are the hardest. I'm totally on my knees!
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Suzy_B... Today's my 1st day too! Be sure to come back tomorrow so we can see that we got through Day 2! :laugh:

I did day 2!! I see you did as well :happy: !!
  • pamelarininger
    Options
    Keep it up everyone! How sore are all of you? Lol. I actually love feeling sore! It means working out is WORKING! :)
  • pamelarininger
    Options
    I'm doing zumba tonight AND the shred. And I'm already super sore! Haha. I can't wait to see results though.
    Are any of you doing any sort of a diet, or just eating healthy, or just eating whatever you want?
    Be sure to drink lots of water! The more ya drink the more ya shrink!!

Since I didn't put my measurements in the original post(I don't think anyways..I'll have to go check..) I'll put them here, I just measured a few minutes ago!

Waist: 32
    Hips: 40.5
    Bust: 39.5
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'd love to join this (even though I'm a couple of days late). I watched the 30 day shred Level 1 today, and figured it's worth a shot! I only have it on demand though, so I'm afraid I won't be able to move on to level 2 with everyone. My plan is to do level 1 the entire 30-days accompanied by my Just Dance 2 exercises (there is also an awesome thread here for that challenge).

I will post my weight and measurements tomorrow morning!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 1 and I just WANTED TO CRY. (did a bit). Just found it hard today but I kept going. How does everyone log this in their exercise. I put it as aerobics (general) 20mins.
    Also has anyone noticed how Natalie takes a wee break and just does the arms in the lunges and bicep curls, as Jillian goes over to Anita. LOL
  • Steph_135
    Options

I did day 2!! I see you did as well :happy: !!
    Great job Suzy!! :drinker: How are you feeling?

pamelarininger... It hurts to stand... I like soreness when it's in my abs. Everything else sucks! :laugh: I did Zumba tonight as well... It was tough, but fun. Not as hard as I thought. I'm just eating healthy, like I have been. Hey, you've got a little middle like me. :happy:

Natvee... If you feel what I feel, Level 1 might be enough!

jellyfishjen... You did awesome! I want to cry too, when I get to the end and Jillian says I'm on my way to being shredded. I almost did on day one! PS - I totally noticed that girl take a break too! :noway: I did it with her for a couple of the lunges today, and then continued with the others. :laugh:
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Going to do day 7 today. May step up to level 2 but I'm scaaaaaaaared! eeeek.

Had my first weigh in since starting & lost 2lbs :drinker:
    Haven't done my measurements yet but I'll let you know if there's any change.

Keep up the good work everyone!