Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I get a great workout on Sculpt day. I'm usually sore from it, but it feels like I need more. I try and take the dog for a walk most days though, so that's my cardio.
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    My body is actually sore today. Wow! That's a good thing. Today I will do the Sweat 1-2 dvd. I think on the days that I have the sculpt, I will add at least 30 min. of cardio. Even though the dvd is 28 min. I felt like I needed to do something extra yesterday. Has anyone else felt that way, and are you seeing the results you want with only 3 days cardio?

I know what you mean. I haven't felt sore since the first week of 1-2. It supposedly is normal for it to go away, but you do wonder if your working hard enough. This was one of the reasons I went to 3-4 last night for the first time after only 30 days on 1-2.

Let me tell you....I AM SORE again. But it's GREAT!

Like Tony says, listen to your body. Don't overdue it. Some days you'll have extra energy, while on other days you'll really struggle to get through them. I personally use the weekends to do some extra cardio as I only have the evenings during the week. I usually will do treadmill and get in a home Far Infrared Sauna we have on Sundays to sweat (before Monday morning weigh-in). Plus the sauna just feels great when I'm sore.

As far as results, yes absolutely I personally have seen the results in just my first 30 days.

Sounds like your doing great! Don't rush it. If it's feeling too easy, focus on perfect form and increasing reps and/or weights.

Good luck.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 10! Woke up with lady cramps today (sorry if that's TMI, fellas! :embarassed:) but I was NOT going to let that stop me from getting my workout done! I ate a BIG, HEALTHY breakfast, took a couple Excedrine, and promised myself I'd get through the workout, even if it meant working at 1/2 my usual intensity. This week I pushed myself pretty hard in all of my other workouts, so I didn't feel TOO bad taking it down a notch today. But I DID get through the ENTIRE workout, and only really started feeling uncomfortable at the very end (the body blows got me -- all the twisting in the abs!)

I plan on taking it easy this weekend, if I'm still feeling poorly -- though I really want to get in some yoga tomorrow (Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior is AWESOME) and a walk with the hubby on Sunday. We'll see how that goes! :laugh: We didn't anything last weekend, and I don't want to be TOO much of a lazy bum.

Hope you all have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • etherah
    Options
    I've lost 2 inches on my waist!! Yay!!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Mandy, even if it's only 10-15 minutes walking, try to do something to get in the routine of staying active. If your feeling poorly, it may just perk you up.

etherah......That's what I'm talking about! Fantastic job!
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Today I decided to take a walk for 30 minutes, just to add some cardio to the days I do sculpt 1. I figured it wouldn't hurt to add a little cardio in such as walking, kickboxing, or Zumba. My roommate & 12 year old son joined me today in the P90 workout, which was so awesome! :smile:
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're getting the family involved, great stuff :) And a little light cardio never hurts, lol.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    msproducer, Brent is right! People will see what your doing by example and hopefully want to do the same. I'm lucky to have my son doing the P90 also. My wife decided to give Sculpting 1-2 a try for the first time on Friday. She struggled a bit, like we all did on day 1 and was very sore the next day. She's already a good eater, and really doesn't need to lose any weight, but needs to start gaining some muscle and tone. I've never pushed her, but hoped she would do it when the time is right. She's been away for 2 days tending to my daughter at college who caught pneumonia. She's had a tough freshman year, breaking her lower leg at her first Tai Kwon Do tournament. She went back for second semester all healed, then got sick. Poor girl. So I'm hoping my wife decides to start doing power 90 or some other sculpting this week. We'll see.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Power 90 Day 35 (off day).

Weigh-in today: Lost 1 lb. since last week.
  • 2bfitforever
    2bfitforever Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi --

My husband and I have just started P90. We just finished the 6-day fat burning portion and now have moved onto week 1 (my husband says week 2) of the actual program. I lost 4.5 lbs the first week but the diet was very low in calories and carbs. I love the structure and the workout of the program so far.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Hi 2bfitforever! Welcome to the P90 gang. Congrats on a fantastic start.
  • Randallw25
    Options
    Doing P90x, second 90 day. Just finished day 8, but would love to help and join. Different from P90 but still requires a lot of commitment and modivation.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Absolutely Randall...the more the merrier! Congrats on finishing X and sticking with it again. It'd be good to hear your challenges with X, as many of us will be there soon.
  • Randallw25
    Options
    So far its been good, Today is plyo today. I love plyo and its a good workout but going to mix it up a little today and Do a HITT 30 Class with my wife(TurboFire). Still has a lot of plyo mixed in and a big burn in only 30 mins
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Randall's response about mixing it up a little brings up a question I have.

I've seen many people "switching it up", especially P90X'ers.
    Not so much with Power 90 users except maybe to add in extra workouts.

I'm one to religiously stick to the Power 90 routine of Sweat/Sculpt/Sweat/Sculpt/Sweat/Sculpt/Off days.
    My son however has asked about those days he plays sports. He's exhausted when he goes to practice after working out and the coach is having him do laps, etc.

I thought I heard Tony recommend that you stick to his routines for a purpose and not substitute with treadmills, running, etc.

I'd like to hear if you religiously stick to his workout or switch it up with other activities/exercises and your thoughts on why you do or don't. Also, let us know if your doing P90, P90X or something else.

Mike....Power 90 Day 36
  • Randallw25
    Options
    I stuck with the schedule the first time around. the system works so it is good to stick with. Though I feel that there are things you can sub for it. Even tony recommends switching out cardio x for plyo for instance. I feel that if you switch out routines with something similar such as cardio with cadio strength with strength it can be done. Keep your off days as off unless doing stretching or something similar.

How far apart from exercising is he taking apart in the other activities. If he does both he may to up his calories a little on those day to keep his energy up. Depends on what days his switching out too want get some results switching sculpting for a more cardio activity.
  • etherah
    Options
    When I did P90X, I was also playing soccer at least twice a week. On the days I had soccer, I wouldn't do my P90X workout. It just would have been too much and I wouldn't have had the time either. So the day after my soccer game, I would just continue on with the next workout. For example:
    Mon - day 1 P90X
    Tues - day 2 P90X
    Wed - soccer
    Thurs - day 3 P90X
    Fri - soccer
    Sat - day 4 P90X
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    I too am religiously following Power 90 as intended. I think that's probably best for a fitness novice like myself. Those who've finished one of the more intense programs are probably well adjusted to the intensity and duration of exercise and it has become more ingrained into their daily routines. I envision once I'm done with the X and whatever my next program of choice is, I'll probably start doing a hybrid if for no other reason than to prevent the first from collecting dust.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 11 (a Sweat and Abs day). Yesterday should have been day 11, but I have to confess -- I had some alcohol on Sunday, more than I'm used to (when I drink, it's maybe 1-2 drinks every couple of months -- I'm not sure HOW much I drank on Sunday :embarassed:) and was pretty hung over yesterday. Good reminder of why I don't normally do that -- it sucks! :laugh: I'm back on track now, and I have every intention of avoiding all alcohol for a very long while. It's just not worth it. I'm up 2 lbs from my lowest weight last week, and I can't help but think that the alcohol had more than a little to do with that. I've been making sure to get the water in, but I think I'm STILL dehydrated. :grumble: Frustrating, but I did it to myself -- and now I know better.

I am proud to say that I was able to make it through both sets of jumping jacks and both sets of cross-hops without taking a break for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was completely a mental thing -- I was strong enough to do it before, but I always psyched myself out because I perceive them as being difficult. Once I got it in my head that I COULD and WOULD push through, I DID! :drinker:

I'm going to make this a great week, in spite of the rough start. Hope everyone else has a great week, too! :flowerforyou:
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    I am proud to say that I was able to make it through both sets of jumping jacks and both sets of cross-hops without taking a break for the FIRST TIME EVER. It was completely a mental thing -- I was strong enough to do it before, but I always psyched myself out because I perceive them as being difficult. Once I got it in my head that I COULD and WOULD push through, I DID! :drinker:

I'm going to make this a great week, in spite of the rough start. Hope everyone else has a great week, too! :flowerforyou:

That's the spirit! You can do it :) Doing well here, upping my weights on certain moves while making sure to step it back down on those that might hurt my shoulder again.