everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options

Replies

• OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I keep my food diary up on screen too - all day. It's hard to forget this place anyway, but seeing the diary first thing in the morning reminds me to check out what I'm supposed to eat for the day (since I actually log it in the night before). Didn't realize it 'til the other day, that I do practically all my eating here, at work. That's a lot of food to pack and bring in! May as well have my own bar fridge underneath my desk. :ohwell:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Having to see my FD *every* time I go to do sumpn on the 'puter is awesome, and helps to keep me focused! Since I am a geek, I get to see it quite a bit, so I end up mentally carrying it with me when I do my other routine stuff thru the day...
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wooo hoooo.... I lost my first 3 lbs! The wonderful wiff sez that my Love Handles seem a bit smaller too? Mostly I'm just glad that there is such tremendous support in here, thanx to all of you! I don't know if the Glucophage had anything to do with it as I pretty much started both at about the same time. One thing I do now, however, is keep mt Food Diary screen up on my 'puter all day, and try to log any and every thing ASAP... sorta a constant reminder for me so that I can plan better.

congrats!! i usually log on and off all day as well trying to make sure i can log before i eat it or change it if i have strayed from my planned meals:wink:
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Everyday I say I am back and I never compelete the day! I have 50lbs to lose before Christmas, I promised myself I would not go through the new year unless it was a new me. Plus I wanted to keep my weight off for at least 6 months before we start trying for our 2nd child and that is going to probably be summer 2009.

If anyone can help, I have a few challanges!
    1. My husband was let go from his job! (so he's home)
    2. I am getting ready to watch a few kids in my home (so I am going to be crazy busy)
    3. We are trying to starting our 3rd business (game server provider, home-daycare, installing direct-tv.)
    4. Money issues... healthy is expensive!

Any suggestions will be great!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i have 85 to go. my highest weight ever was 260, i got to 218 and then gained back to 224, i am at 222 right now so i am game for anything that will help! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • keiley
    keiley Posts: 17
    Options
    hey everyone... i need to loose 48lbs (i figure it is close enough). Maybe we should set up a day (say every friday) that we all check in... talk about our progress struggles etc... possibly set some goals (other than weight loss... like lets all walk at least 60 minutes, 3 days...) i dunno. :happy: just something to think about!!! anyways good luck everyone!!! have a great weekend. :glasses:
  • keiley
    keiley Posts: 17
    Options
    "Hello Everyone,

Everyday I say I am back and I never compelete the day! I have 50lbs to lose before Christmas, I promised myself I would not go through the new year unless it was a new me. Plus I wanted to keep my weight off for at least 6 months before we start trying for our 2nd child and that is going to probably be summer 2009.

If anyone can help, I have a few challanges!
    1. My husband was let go from his job! (so he's home)
    2. I am getting ready to watch a few kids in my home (so I am going to be crazy busy)
    3. We are trying to starting our 3rd business (game server provider, home-daycare, installing direct-tv.)
    4. Money issues... healthy is expensive!

Any suggestions will be great!"

:smile: :smile: :smile: farmers markets are a GREAT place to get fresh healthy fruits and veggies @ a good price.... last night i have fresh grilled corn (YUM)...
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hey everyone... i need to loose 48lbs (i figure it is close enough). Maybe we should set up a day (say every friday) that we all check in... talk about our progress struggles etc... possibly set some goals (other than weight loss... like lets all walk at least 60 minutes, 3 days...) i dunno. :happy: just something to think about!!! anyways good luck everyone!!! have a great weekend. :glasses:

I like the idea..i usually weight in on Saturday....so I'll update here tomorrow morning and then next friday...I usually set up new goals too....I'm just having a problem loosing it though i'm at 195 right now and every time i get that weight I get stuck there....I'm doing everything right but I don't know why i can't get past that weight....well the moment of truth is tomorrow, i know i don't have to concentrate only on the scale but it gets frustrating when the # doesn't go down for weeks ggrrr....anyhow I like the idea.....
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Alright...so I weighted today gained .5 of a pound but lost 0.1% of BF?? I mean do don't get it, i'm working my butt off excersicing but still nothing.....pls help
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    may i join?:flowerforyou:
  • shortstack
    Options
    I need to lose 45 lbs do I qualify? I am only 4'11" and I need to stay motivated, I have lost 9 lbs and have about 36 to go. Do we weight on Sundays?
  • naniu
    naniu Posts: 17
    Options
    hey I also need to lose 100 pound and i have started my journey so far i have lost about 4 pounds and im feeling great . I do have a lot of motivation right now, but sometime i do feel down and start losing it and i dont want that anymore i need to be able to keep up to reach my goal even it take me 3 or more years.

So will need all the motivation i can get.. Im counting on you to HELP ME!

thank you. all :wink:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey naniu,

I looked at your profile and you have a similar reason to mine for losing weight: Get your life back. I thinks its a great reason.

Best of luck to everyone.

I continue the effort... as we all do.

TR
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello out there. This was a great group. I wasn't so good and dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Where is everyone out there. We need to stick together. It is so hard to get back in the swing of things. I am really not feeling good about my self or my decisions. I just keep thinking why aren't you helping yourself and then the next thing I know, I have just eaten stuff I should not have. Where is the will power hiding?
  • gr8fulal36
    gr8fulal36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I would love to be a part of this group. I need to lose at least 50lbs. I have done ever diet but I have reached a time in my life that I realize I just have to do it and its about a life style change. Some days are easier then others but I'm hanging in there.
    Me
  • tryingagain
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am really thinking about joining Weight Watchers again. Maybe the face to face support is what I need. I am not saying I would leave this site, just do that as well. Are others doing that? Is it helping you? This may be kind of crazy . . . trying to get started again right before the holidays. Then again, it might be more crazy not to.
  • tryingagain
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to say Welcome gr8fulal36. How are you doing?
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am really thinking about joining Weight Watchers again. Maybe the face to face support is what I need. I am not saying I would leave this site, just do that as well. Are others doing that? Is it helping you? This may be kind of crazy . . . trying to get started again right before the holidays. Then again, it might be more crazy not to.

I think starting before the holidays is the perfect time to start. If not you just might not even care about what you are eating, where as this way you will at least pay attention to what it is you are eating and then you have to make up your mind if it is worth it. I know that the holidays are tough. I have chocolate popcorn in my house right now that I am fighting against eating. Lucky Me

Connie
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I am currently doing weight watchers. I am not calorie counting here but still using the site for support. I dont know what I would do without these people.

If you decide to start using Weight Watchers then let me know. We can be each others support system. Share idea's and keep each other motivated.

Amy
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    count me in :drinker: